Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on June 29, 2011
The wallet is exactly as advertised and appears to be made of quality materials. The chain has both a belt loop and a hook to attach to your pants belt loop. The leather is thick and durable.
Keep in mind that because it's made out of leather, you won't be able to stretch it as much as a cloth wallet. So, if you're the type that's used to bulging wallets, this isn't for you. Expect this wallet to hold maybe 5 credit cards, 5 business cards, and 10 paper bills before you begin to have problems closing it.
As long as you don't need a wallet that bulges with all of last months reciepts and an entire codex of business cards, this wallet is an excellent buy for the price.
on September 26, 2012
I've had this wallet for about a year now and I has served me well. The biggest problem I have with chained wallets is the leather wearing/tearing out around the grommet or the bill fold breaking the stitches because its over filled (don't read to far into that in my case its mostly with receipts) the stitching and leather on this product is good to the point that what I put into it has more of a chance of ripping or tearing than the wallet douse. I have had to replace the ID portfolio because it started to separate but past that its fine.

The only other problem I can think of is that the pocket on the the chain side of the wallet is unusable because the buttons/poppers are punched straight threw from the outside of the wallet restricting the size of the pocket by about 1-2/3rds. Unless your wallet is Velcro you won't find many biker wallets that don't have this problem and I never use that slot anyway so its no big deal to me. There is more than enough storage in the bill fold compartment and the remaining to inserts for ID's and business cards.

Eventually I'll have to replace the chain and the belt loop anchor but they are doing just as well as the wallet. The wallet makes it difficult to get threw TSA or very far into a court house but it also makes it difficult to pick my pocket. Short of buying a wallet with a pad lock this is the most secure wallet I've owned since I was 14 years old...
on July 30, 2014
The wallet was so cheaply made that when I opened it the inside of the bill fold was white, not died black like the rest of the wallet. The leather on the wallet was so thin that when I opened the bill fold I was afraid I was going to tear the leather. The leather is literally paper thin, it would take no effort at all to simply rip the wallet like a piece of paper. My current wallet is a 14 year old black chain wallet which LOOKS nearly identical to the Genuine Leather Chain Wallet (Black).

I purchased this wallet in hope of replacing my faithful black chain wallet which is a 14 year old wallet, beat to heck, sewing is coming undone and has a knife hole and some blood stains from when I was stabbed. My current wallet is much thicker leather then the Genuine Leather Chain Wallet (Black) I ordered off of Amazon. MY current wallet it also is died black inside and out. It feels like a leather wallet should, thick, black, tuff, and can withstand riding a motorcycle at 150mph and a knife wound or two. Were it not slowly dying of old age and a few bloody street brawls I would most certifiably keep it.

Since the Genuine Leather Chain Wallet (Black) is so cheaply made it seems my ole wallet will be limping along till I can find a proper motorcycle wallet.

That said, the seller of the Genuine Leather Chain Wallet (Black) were very polite, very kind and very professional. The accepted my return without a problem. So, I have nothing but good things to say about them
on November 9, 2012
I'm sure this will become a 5 star review in time. I like everything about the wallet except that it is really stiff. It's difficult to close once you have things inside. Not impossible just mildly annoying. Still it's real leather and made in the USA so a good product.
on January 20, 2009
The chain was not as long as shown in the photo but overall the product is what I was looking for, the chain was just a little short.
on March 9, 2014
amazon describes it as genuine cow hide and it is... it's thinner than what you would think, but it holds a lot of bills, my driver's license and credit cards in the center pocket, medical cards, etc in the big side pocket and in the little side pocket (where the buckles are) i keep business cards.... it also comes w/a photo insert if you need to use it, but i haven't any cropped down pics to put in mine yet... would have given it 5 stars because it came as ordered, fast service, etc, but i did buy a longer chain, the 30", to swap out w/the generic one that it comes with.
on April 26, 2016
My husband had lost his last two wallets within a couple months, so I decided to get him this one with the chain. It has been wonderful! He's had it now (April 2016) since November of 2015, so it's already lasted much longer than the last two, and is holding up really well.
He's found that the little clip piece by the belt snap is really handy for attaching a key or two, while still having it easily accessible as well.

I would definitely purchase this item again (if he does happen to lose it), and might be getting a few more as gifts for my brothers. Highly recommend this wallet!
on January 20, 2013
The wallet is fine in and over it self. It requires some "breaking in" to make it comfy. The "photograph" holder are not of the highest quality - but hey, it is a $10 wallet.

My biggest gripe is withe the chain.

1.) it's too short
2.) it feels "weak"
3.) the "clips" on it aren't so great and often disconnect unexpectedly. expect to change the clip out connected to the wallet with a circular key ring.

Fot the price you can't beat it, but you'll need to modify it yourself just a bit to make it "quality" and "secure".
on November 1, 2008
The wallet is made from fairly stiff cowhide and requires a lot of breaking in. It does include an adequate number of clear plastic photo pockets - a feature I was looking for. But it is like all the other wallets I have tried over the past 30 years looking for a replacement for my old nylon standby - it just won't hold all my stuff! When I get it full of credit cards, auto insurance proof copies, business cards, miniature phone book, spare keys, and $100 in cash it just won't close. So I took out enough of my "stuff" so that it would close and snap. But within a week and a half, the snaps had been so strained (and they were of such low quality) that they would no longer hold. So now I am carrying it stuffed full of my stuff with a super heavy duty rubber band around it to hold it in some form of shape that will fit my pocket. I may still go back to my old one. Lesson learned - don't buy a snap closed wallet unless the snaps are the very high quality spring-loaded type. I guess for $9 one can't expect too much. The chain appears to be of adequate quality but the belt loop is useless for most of my clothes as I don't wear a belt. I use the spring/hook attachment instead of the belt loop and just fasten it onto the waist band of my shorts or pants.
on November 30, 2013
I bought this wallet on the 19th (11/19/13) and recieved it a few days later, to replace a $5 leather wallet that I bought from walmart 3 years ago. It hasn't even been two weeks (11/30/13) after I ordered it and the "Genuine Leather" already cracked and peeling, revealing some ugly yellow background material. if this is indeed genuine leather, it must be paper thin. The chain was also too short and felt cheap.The snaps had a hard time staying closed with 2 IDs, 2 library cards, and 2 ATM/Credit Cards. If I could, I would attach the pictures I sent to the seller. It looks so bad you would think I had it for years, not a week. I am in the process of talking with the seller and issuing a return. I am extremely dissatified.

Pros:
The pockets felt secure. No worries about your cards falling out.

Cons:
Bulky
Not made to hold more than a ID and a couple dollars
Cheap, short metal chain.
"GENUINE LEATHER" PEELED AND CRACKED BEFORE 2 WEEKS OF NORMAL USE! (I know I'm shouting but wow, that is just terrible)