Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on July 27, 2012
After about a month of using this cable it stopped working and will only connect to the phone if you bend a certain direction. That also only works some of the time. I contacted the seller about the so called "Lifetime Warranty" and never received a response. Needless to say I will not be buying from this seller again and recommend that nobody else does either. Go buy a better product because this one is not worth the money.
2222 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
In case anyone wanted to use that lifetime warranty, a quick whois lookup of gatorcrunch.com shows

Thompson, Matthew westronics@gmail.com
7313 North Shore Trail N
Forest Lake, Minnesota 55025
United States
(651) 328-8922

and as you can see the seller here is Westronics. So if you need to get a replacement, and get no reply from info@gatorcrunch.com, give Mr Thompson a phone call.
on February 1, 2013
For 2 months, I LOVED this product. It was a good length, SEEMED durable, and didn't get tangled. However, much like other reviewers, the micro usb cable pretty much stopped working within 2 months of regular use.

One day I realized that the phone wasn't charging and I couldn't figure out what the problem was... I was initially concerned that my phone's port was broken, but after I replaced the cable, the phone started charging properly. Upon further inspection, I realized that the cable would kinda work if you twisted it in certain directions while applying pressure to the plug.

Finally, this retailer does NOT stand behind their product. Despite the "life-time warranty" advertisement, the seller never responded to my inquiries. For this reason alone, I urge you to think twice about purchasing products from this seller. The warranty is non-existent and it's deceptive advertising.

To sum up:
--The product is great in theory, but the quality of construction is poor. If you need something like this for a short period of time, great. But don't expect it to last more than a couple of months.

--Seller is non-responsive and the "lifetime warranty" is non-existent.
on July 30, 2012
I bought this usb cord to use as a replacement home charger for my SmartPhone after my kitten managed to chew thru 2 brand-name chargers. The ruggedized covering was exactly what I needed to deter her teeth, and she honestly showed no interest in it. I was thrilled. Imagine my upset when the cord just stopped working before the month was over. I've never been so disappointed before...it has no bite marks on it, my phone just topped reading tha the cord was plugged in...
on December 28, 2012
hate the execution. I bought two of these to be able to quickly differentiate different cables and because I thought they might hold up better. I loved them for a couple months, but then they both stopped working unless you held them a certain way. Worthless junk now. DO NOT BUY.
on November 22, 2011
I was surprised to learn that the microB cable for the Kindle 3G didn't work with the Fire (as I was told by customer support in a chat session). So I ordered this, and I am now able to communicate between the Fire and the PC, which is what I was after. Free shipping on this item makes it practically free. Order arrived in just a couple of days, so I'm more than happy - especially since it does interface with the Fire.

Update. Price has gone up significantly, so I'd drop the rating on this one now as a result. With shipping, it was about $3.50 when I got it. What happened there?
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2011
I ordered my Kindle-Fire on the first day it was offered (and love it). When it arrived I was surprised that it did not come with this type of cable for transferring photos. It would be a big plus for the buyer, because it is so cool to share photos on this, they are nice and bright and the perfect sharing-size. Keep in mind that I bought this cable for it in November, right after my Fire arrived, and at that time, this cable was $.98 plus shipping of $2.97. Yes, ninety-eight CENTS. I just looked at the going price for this item today and cannot believe it is now $10.00 (demand apparently). I think if I was able to buy this so inexpensively Amazon could've acquired this at even less and charged the extra dollar for it with the K-Fire price. How cool that would've been for us buyers.

As for the product, it works very well! Just remember that you have to turn the K-Fire on first, power it up, in order to transfer photos or files. It won't work otherwise. A simple thing, but some overlook that apparently from what I have read in other reviews.

UPDATE: Jan 3, 2012 -- see the comments following my review. I was informed by the manufacturer that what I received for 98 cents +S&H was not an original product by Gator Crunch, but an imitation. The red threads in the cord are the distinction of the original and mine do not have it. I ordered mine early in the time frame of the K-Fire release, so he could assure me that it was not the real thing, based on the date it was shipped. I have addressed the issue with the supplier (CrazyOnDigital) and Amazon and waiting to hear what will be done. I think they should replace it with what I ordered in good faith, irregardless of what I paid for it at the time. We shall see and I will update my review. The manufacturer has also notified Amazon of this illegal use of their products name.
on February 4, 2013
I have purchased multiple Gator Crunch mini and micro usb cables and love them all, I have never had to use the warranty on the cables and have used them for years. I always buy the red and black cloth jacketed cables, I like the length, I like that they always have solid connections to my devices, and they always work for charging, even stubborn devices that like to detect "usb" or "ac" connections when you plug them in, always determine Gator Crunch cables as "AC" powered where other cables are hit or miss. the cables are thick and sturdy while still being flexible.

I use these in the car and at home, I have them on my desk, in my living room and at my bedside. I am never without a place to charge any device that needs charging (except my nook, but from what I understand they won't license the chip to allow their devices to work with other chargers... but this cable works great for data transfers with all my families nooks).

I look forward to many happy years using these cables, and will ONLY buy gator crunch cables in the future.
on March 6, 2014
This is indeed a genuine Apple product. It works perfectly, and it would be hard to beat the price. The fast delivery was especially appreciated since my old charger bit the dust rather suddenly. This charger also has a great warranty in case it's every needed. In regard to the negative reviews...I saw them and at first was a little concerned about ordering. But then I read the comments that had been added to those reviews. In each case, the seller responded, offered to replace the charger, and gave instructions on how to contact them. Sounded to me like a seller who intended to provide good customer service. So I took a chance and ordered the charger. Very glad I did. If anything changes, I'll add to this review.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 21, 2011
The product photo shows the Gator cable. This cable is a long, thick cord. It can easily reach from a PC behind a desk to a Kindle or cell phone on the desk.

I learned a lesson when I left the charger that came with my Kindle Fire plugged in an outlet in a room while on a trip. Gone - and darn expensive to replace at this point in time if I were to get the same thing that shipped with my Kindle Fire.

This sync cable is useful for charging the Kindle Fire as well as all the things I originally bought it to do. It charges my cell phone too.

You have to turn on your Kindle Fire. You won't see anything if Kindle Fire is in sleep mode. Plug it in, turn on Kindle Fire - and then get this message on Kindle Fire:

"You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle."

When I connect my Sync cable and have my Kindle Fire on, I get E-drive instantly on my computer, which runs Windows 7 operating system. There are ten default folders and of course, more folders can be added and so on. The default Kindle Fire folders are: android secure; Android; Audible; Books; Documents; kindleupdates; LOST.DIR; Music; Pictures; and Video.

My Audible folder has the books that I downloaded from my Audible.com library. I can't listen to them though on my regular computer right now because I don't have the right software. I can listen on my Kindle Fire. Same with my digital books. I copied PDF books from my regular computer onto Kindle Fire, and I can see those.

The value for me in having a Sync/Charge cable is to easily put documents on the Kindle from my computer and manage those documents. Also, I didn't have to buy the expensive replacement charger.
66 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse