Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dell 90W 19.5V Replacement AC Power Adapter Battery Charger
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on July 19, 2014
I bought this for one of our older laptops that is rarely used. I tried to use it about a month ago and got a "low battery" message. I thought perhaps the charger had come loose or unplugged, so I checked the plug and the connection to the computer and both seemed fine, but I reseated them just to make sure. Today I tried using the computer and got a "low battery" message again. I checked and everything was plugged in properly. I unplugged the charger and took it and the computer to my garage where I have another Dell that uses a similar charger. Nothing happened when I plugged in this charger, but when I plugged in my garage charger, the light came on to show it was charging.

I don't know if there is a warranty on this this charger, but since it is an OEM charger, I'd expect it to have some type of warranty longer than 120 days. I've contacted Amazon to see if they can find out the warranty period and who I should contact about a replacement. Hopefully, either the seller or Dell will replace it for free.

** Update **
I just contacted Dell and their rep said since it is a Dell OEM product that there is a year warranty and that I needed to contact their customer care department 8am-8pm Mon-Fri at 800-624-9897.
Thought others may need this info.
on December 3, 2014
I was suspicious when it wouldn't actually put charge into my battery, but for about 2 months it worked well enough. Then, suddenly, the green light on the adapter wouldn't go on, and this charger was completely dead. My guess is something fried internally. Comparing it to my old charger, this one is significantly lighter, and the plastic feels cheaper. Definitely not the real deal.
on March 10, 2015
History: This cord/power adapter was babied so that it would not repeat the same problems as the previous cord that failed. We even wrapped the problem area with electric tape to help protect it.
Despite efforts to protect the cords, it failed within 6 months of purchase. The problem: the plastic coating protecting the internal wires cracked at the point where the plug was attached. Power became undependable and then was cut off completely. It was exactly the same place where the previous cord had failed. We are very disappointed that there is no warranty on this product.
on January 31, 2014
I would NOT recommend this item... I payed for a brand new item and my surprise when I open it was that even the packaging was in excelent conditions the item itself has lots of scratches/cuts in the frontside and some ink stains in the backside which make it seem used... even if it worked fine for my dell vostro this is NOT for what I payed for...
review image review image
on April 6, 2014
So the item works as intended, but I only gave it three stars because it came in kind of beat up. It looked like a possible refurbished item. Some of the plastic areas looked partially melted, but it worked well and I didn't want to give up a power cord for a few days to send it back.
on December 22, 2014
This is not dell OEM. look on the back and you will find several typos that a real dell charger would never make. "for inddor use only", "dquipment", etc. This also stopped working after 1 month unless I kinked the cable a certain way. Don't waste your money, this is a rip-off
on December 21, 2014
I bought this as a replacement for the original AC Adapter/Charger that came with my computer and was excited because it was a great price! Unfortunately, I should have known that you get what you pay for because I only used it twice before it stopped working. I have a iPhone and an iPad, so I very rarely usemy laptop anymore, unless I am managing my iPod. So, the second time using this product it got so hot that it actually started melting and smoking!! I had to unplug it immediately as I was afraid it was going to start on fire!!! So, once again I am without a laptop charger. I would not recommend this product, nor would I purchase it again!!
on June 20, 2014
I use this with my older Dell Studio 17" "laptop". I finally wore out the cord on my old one. This one is much smaller and lighter than the one that came with my giant pink "laptop". Yet the cord is just as long or longer than the original. I like the way the end of the part that plugs in the computer lights up with a nice blue light when it's plugged into a live outlet.

It also looks like it's a two piece unit. It looks as though you can separate the cord that plugs into the wall from the charging unit. I'm not sure why I would want to do that, but someone might appreciate it.
on June 28, 2014
This charger stopped charger my laptop a few days after I got it.Sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't. It now goes in and out. It's annoying.
on September 4, 2014
First of all, I purchased this in May 2014 and within 3 months I started getting errors that the AC adapter wasn't putting out enough current and wouldn't charge my laptop. Also, even though the listing says "Genuine Original OEM" the adapter doesn't look/feel like the original. The plastic is cheaper, the rubber strap broke after about a month. This appears to be a cheap imitation being passed off as original. For less than this price, you can buy other cheap knock-offs that will actually last a year.