Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Genuine Plantronics Audio 770 USB to 3.5 Jack Adapter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 23, 2014
This is not a substitute for a DAC and an MP3 music player, but if you are using a laptop it will improve your sound noticeably. Plug and Play as it should be. It will not work with a PC that has a sound card, with its own headphone out jack.
on December 30, 2014
Simply amazing. This saved me from having to buy Sony's $80 wireless headset they sell. I already had a gaming pc headset that just had the two mic/speaker 3.5mm leads. I was able to purchase this and it works better than i had expected on my PS4. Just plug and play. It also has no volume control so make sure you get a headset that has this. (Mine does, so I have no complaints at this point). Very happy with all of Plantronics' products.
on February 28, 2014
Probably the only downside is if you are in a classroom with other people who have USB headsets that do not need adapters... You are on a split second delay and it can become audible and annoying. Otheriwse, it was an economical option to still use the two-pronged headset I had.
on July 25, 2013
I originally had one of these for my desktop since the audio jack from my old speakers snapped off inside the jack. I tried four different sound cards, adapters, and other USB plug-ins and this is by far the best one. Worked perfectly from the moment I plugged it into the back of my computer.
on February 1, 2014
I had an important online call coming up and my audio port to my laptop had been ripped out from an unfortunate situation where someone tripped over my headphone cords. Okay, you caught me. That someone was me. Anyway, I ordered this as a temporary fix. Two day shipping, just plugged it right in and it began working.

My headset fits perfectly into the jacks. It increases the volume to a point where volume controls need to be at nearly a fraction of their regular operating levels, this could be helpful or problematic for whatever you're using it for, so I figured I'd mention it.

Con would be when I was in the call, my project partners were pointing out that there was a slight humming noise coming from my mic. I do a lot of voice work, so my microphone levels (even on my headset) are optimum. I couldn't find any other source besides the usb adapter. Other than that, I'm very happy with my purchase. Good price, quick delivery, easy to install and it doesn't fall short in volume. Thanks for reading!
on June 23, 2014
This device was the perfect solution for me when my headphone jacks died on my laptop. Now I can listen to music and videos from my laptop again by plugging my headphones into this adapter. The only issue I have with it may be just with my computer, I don't know. But I can't adjust the volume like I'd like to. Even when my system volume is all the way down, this thing still blares hurricane force audio waves into my ears at concert level decibels! Perhaps this is a software issue? If it happens to me, it can happen to you, too. Still, it is a high-quality device which works VERY well and I would buy another if I needed to.
on October 11, 2015
Works great - as you might expect. My integrated laptop audio bled through from the right and left channels - which is an issue when trying to use split tracks. No issue with the Plantronics 770 - fixed me right up.
on January 2, 2016
Terrible product. Instant hissing sound the moment it's plugged into the USB drive of my Alienware computer. Sound comes out WAY too loud. Even when I have audio levels on my PC set to zero, the sound through the Plantronics device is blasting. Returned.

The Sabrent USB to 3.5mm jack is alot better, although you may get a lemon first delivery.
on November 7, 2015
I had a laptop that didn't have a microphone jack. I used this to remediate that problem. It worked great with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It does cause a very small amount of static, but it can only be heard if you are specifically listening for it. Otherwise a good production in my view.
on February 5, 2014
I needed to play and record music at the same time during our church services. My laptop only has one plug that would accept a mic or speakers. Just couldn't do both at once. Plugged this unit into USB port and it works perfectly.