|Item Weight||18.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||67.5 x 13.3 x 8.3 inches|
|Item model number||PT278-35050|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PT278-35050|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $25.00 shipping
+ $11.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Genuine Toyota Stowaway Roof Rack for 2005-2013 Toyota Tacoma
|Price:||$225.70 + $29.79 shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- For Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
- Low-profile roof rack installs with ease on factory roof rail channels
- Accepts all Genuine Toyota roof rack accessories
- Can be easily adjusted with no tools necessary
- Maintains Toyota's high quality standards for ride quality, performance and strength
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
2005-2015 Tacoma Double Cab
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Tips from me:
1-follow the instruction exactly - they are well thought out and make sense in the order of steps
2-get your hands on Torx bits - T25 &T30 (the screws heads require these-they are not typical flat or phillips head)
3-finger start all screws before you push down (I pushed a square capture nut out of the holder and had to work to get it back in)
However the "new" roof rack that I purchased was clearly used, as it arrived partially assembled with no bolts or instructions. I have never been burned by amazon over the years and I know mistakes happen, but it makes me sick thinking that the seller "Amazon.com LLC" would try to pass this off as a new item.
This can be done with one person, but two people definitely makes it easier. The LH side installed much quicker than the RH side due to the learning curve. In total, it took us 2 hours, but should have been a 45 minute job (See notes below). We did uninstall the rack on the RH side once due to losing the metal plate that is tapped to retain the RH crossbar. There are rumors this will ruin the mastic washers. I only hope that we did it so quickly that the washers had not "set". You can not buy these mastic washers in a store or separately from the entire roof rack.
Here are some lessons learned from the installation:
1) Understand how everything will go together and potential issues you will encounter. Mistakes will require you to remove the rack from the front bracket. Doing such will remove the trim retainer from the rack. You will need to remove it from the bracket and install it back into the rack. Each time you do this, you are further weakening the plastic retainer.
2) During the installation of the front brackets, ensure the brackets aren't bent (either by installation or from delivery). You will not realize it is bent until you attempt to install the front screws. This is done after installing the rack, engaging the yellow trim retainer and potentially torquing the bolts on the mastic washers.Read more ›
The packaging for this is exactly what you'd expect for a part that's intended to be gently loaded into a factory-to-dealership delivery truck not one that will hold up to the rigors of UPS, FedEx, etc. Two very small foam inserts do a completely inadequate job of protecting the parts inside a single walled cardboard box. The package was in bad shape when it arrived with parts scratched up inside. I needed it for a trip the next day and installed anyway. No-one can see the scratches unless they are looking down on the truck so I'm OK with it but seems easy to prevent.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very happy with this. Easy to install, just follow directions and make sure you have the correct size bits before starting. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
great mod. Installed it myself in about an hour or so. Limited tech/mechanical knowledge necessary. Read morePublished 6 months ago by lloyd
Good fit and appears to be "genuine" Toyota product.
Install was far easier (and quicker) than I had expected!
This is the perfect RACK, and trust me... I know a good rack when I see one!
Nothing beats the factory quality, fit, and function. Read more
I would highly recommend this roof rack as opposed to buying an aftermarket rack. This one fits perfectly on my 2013 Toyota Tacoma Crew/Double Cab. Read morePublished 15 months ago by J. Tatum