Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil Soft Shaving Cream 200 g cream
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 13, 2012
This is a really nice shaving cream. I am somewhat obsessive in my search for my favorite shaving products, and try quite a few. To date I have been very fond of my TOBS shave creams and assumed that the G F Trumper creams would be about the same since the packaging is so similar (although pricier). Both are nice creams, but they are definitely not the same. G F Trumper does cost a bit more, but you do have to take into account the tub is 25% larger.

First, the smell is amazing, assuming you like coconut (I would also assume if you didn't you wouldn't have bought this cream). The coconut oil scent definitely is present although not overpowering and perfumy, more the natural scent from the oil present in this cream.

Second, the lather is great, thick and rich. it may be just that it requires a slightly different ratio of cream to water than the TOBS but I thought it seemed a little dryer feeling (the consistency of the lather). Not that this was a factor in the actual shave, I believe the coconut oil in the cream keeps the shave extremely slick feeling and my feather blades just glide right over. Very close and smooth resulting shave.

Third, Skin feels really good after the shave from the actual cream. Again I believe the coconut oil that get into the skin leaves it feeling really nice.

Lastly, again from the coconut oil, there is a very mild coconut scent that lingers for a few hours (mild and pleasant) long after the G F trumper Skin food Lime scent has vanished.

For me this is my new favorite. Whether this is worth the additional cost over some other brands, that really can only be determined by you. I myself enjoy my morning ritual, and am willing to spend a few dollars more to keep this in my rotation. (btw, it really does last a long time this is a bigger tub than TOBS as well).
on October 6, 2012
I had taken this cream on a cruise in April. I had never used it before but figured I needed something moisturizing as I would be traveling to the Caribbean and would not be using pre-shave oil. I really didn't know how well this moisturized until I used it on the ship and went out to the port of call. I was baking in the sun all day, but, my shaving area still stayed soft and moisturized.

If I were stranded on a desert island, this would be a great cream to be stranded with. It contains pure coconut oil so it's almost as if you have the pre-shave oil built in. Even with three passes using a 20 Feather Razor Blades NEW Hi-stainless Double Edge blade my skin still felt soft and I had no cuts or nicks. Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shave Cream Jar used to be my #1 cream but after using this, I now have a new favorite. Try using Geo F. Trumper Limes Skin Food, 100ml before you shave and after. I use it and it really helps cushion your shave in addition to seal up your skin afterwards.

You may also like my other favorite things:

Geo F. Trumper's Limes Shaving Cream Jar
Truefitt & Hill Grafton Shaving Cream
Kiehl's Mens Alcohol-Free Herbal Toner 8.4 Oz.
Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather Shaving Cream 75g shaving cream
Thayers Alcohol-Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner - 12 oz

If you don't have this cream in your rotation, you're crazy.
on May 18, 2011
What a pleasure it is to shave with Trumper's Coconut Oil shaving cream. This is the easiest shaving cream to lather with a badger brush. It takes almost no effort to get meringue-like clouds of thick lather. And the smell will make you want to eat it. But leave it on your face because the extra oil will leave your skin smooth and moisturized. I wish I could try the almond and the violet, but at the rate this stuff lasts, it will be at least six months before i need a new jar. Worth the money on every count.
on June 24, 2014
I have tried all the modern type shaving foams and gels from cans. Most of them are ok. I happened to stay at a hotel in London right next to the Geo F Trumper shop but I didn't buy in the shop but i woke my interest. So, after I got back to the US i started to do a little research and this one seemed like a good thing to try. I have now used it for a little over a month and it is way better than the 'just ok' shaving foams and gels i have tried before. It seems like it protects my skin better not alone when I am shaving but also during the day. Dont be afraid of the price. i predict that the jar will last for a year or so (with one shave per day). I can barely see I have used mine. If you are not used to use this kind of shaving creme find a youtube video that shows the instructions. They are very helpful.
on October 7, 2015
My big thing is that I like a soap that has a thick later. I have tried a large number of different soaps/creams and so far GFT delivers the best lather for me. I have also tried the Sandalwood scent of GFT, and I find it to smell awful. It has a very...old fashioned... scent. The coconut has a very light scent that, in my opinion, works well for any age.
on January 18, 2015
I absolutely love this stuff. The aroma is excellent and the product itself is unbeatable. I purchased this not knowing what I was getting into and fell in love with it. I made the mistake for trying to save some money on a cheaper alternative but am back to high quality, a little more expensive, shave cream. Shaving is one of those things you don't want to skimp on product... I learned that after years of irritation and ingrown hairs. I have greatly reduced that irritation and ingrown hairs with this product and the help of a pre shave oil.
on March 1, 2015
This stuff is excellent. I've been a longtime user of Taylor of Old Bond Street creams and while Taylor still makes a great product, Trumper's Coconut is superior to anything I've tried from other companies.
For starters, this cream has a fantastic texture; its consistency is thick and moist and it builds a lather quickly and without an excessive amount of effort. The coconut scent is strong, but not overpoweringly so, and it lends a pleasant, relaxing feel to your morning shave. The addition of the coconut oil is actually quite noticeable—my skin dries out relatively easily, and this cream moisturizes my skin and prevents dryness better than any other I've used before, including Taylor's Avocado, which was the previous winner in this category.
As an added bonus over Taylor products, the tub in which the cream came was filled to the top, whereas the majority of the Taylor creams I've purchased in the past have been less than full. Couple that with the larger container size, and you've got a winner. If you're looking for a cream with a pleasant coconut scent and excellent moisturizing properties, this is it.
on June 3, 2015
I have tried other brands shaving creams offered. This one is a winner! I trued this brand after reading someones reviews and recommendations. I tried it, and never looked back. I have been buying this product for the last 3-4 years. I have tried every fragrant offered. I like this one most.
on January 13, 2015
I like the smell but it isn't potent to me. I have to smell it pretty hard. Bummer because my favorite part of shaving is the smell when I mix my lather. I do prefer the TOBS Mr. Taylor shave cream. But this stuff works just as good.
on February 15, 2015
Coconut version doesn't smell as good as sandalwood but lathers much better! There actually really isn't much smell to coconut and I rub a little Proraso Pre/Post shave cream on afterwards anyways. Best combo ever! This is a little on the expensive side but it lasts me about a year shaving every other day. See my other reviews for razor handle (Merkur), badger brush (Tweezerman) and DE blades (Derby) I prefer- I've tried all sorts of combos and have fairly sensitive skin. The regular Proraso shave cream is the best value if your skin isn't as sensitive as mine- I travel with a small bottle of it re-labeled for bath and body works (C.O. Bigelow) and smells great too. Try it out, good gift idea and always in stock: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3107645&cp=4090261.4090360.4248380