5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive. Slick and smooth.
Published on February 13, 2012 by Gerald

3.0 out of 5 stars works great, but it has parabens
that's why the 3 star rating. should have read the ingredients label before ordering, so I ended it up throwing this one in the trash, even though it performed very good.Just been reading about parabens , and don't feel comfortable using any product that has them.
There is plenty of shave creams and soaps out there that are paraben free and work great . I have used...
Published 7 months ago by abcmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive. Slick and smooth., February 13, 2012
Gerald (United States) - See all my reviews
This is a really nice shaving cream. I am somewhat obsessive in my search for my favorite shaving products, and try quite a few. To date I have been very fond of my TOBS shave creams and assumed that the G F Trumper creams would be about the same since the packaging is so similar (although pricier). Both are nice creams, but they are definitely not the same. G F Trumper does cost a bit more, but you do have to take into account the tub is 25% larger.

First, the smell is amazing, assuming you like coconut (I would also assume if you didn't you wouldn't have bought this cream). The coconut oil scent definitely is present although not overpowering and perfumy, more the natural scent from the oil present in this cream.

Second, the lather is great, thick and rich. it may be just that it requires a slightly different ratio of cream to water than the TOBS but I thought it seemed a little dryer feeling (the consistency of the lather). Not that this was a factor in the actual shave, I believe the coconut oil in the cream keeps the shave extremely slick feeling and my feather blades just glide right over. Very close and smooth resulting shave.

Third, Skin feels really good after the shave from the actual cream. Again I believe the coconut oil that get into the skin leaves it feeling really nice.

Lastly, again from the coconut oil, there is a very mild coconut scent that lingers for a few hours (mild and pleasant) long after the G F trumper Skin food Lime scent has vanished.

For me this is my new favorite. Whether this is worth the additional cost over some other brands, that really can only be determined by you. I myself enjoy my morning ritual, and am willing to spend a few dollars more to keep this in my rotation. (btw, it really does last a long time this is a bigger tub than TOBS as well).

5.0 out of 5 stars if it tasted as good as it looks, I'd put it on pie, May 18, 2011
What a pleasure it is to shave with Trumper's Coconut Oil shaving cream. This is the easiest shaving cream to lather with a badger brush. It takes almost no effort to get meringue-like clouds of thick lather. And the smell will make you want to eat it. But leave it on your face because the extra oil will leave your skin smooth and moisturized. I wish I could try the almond and the violet, but at the rate this stuff lasts, it will be at least six months before i need a new jar. Worth the money on every count.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Moisturizing Shaving Cream I've Ever Used, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil Soft Shaving Cream 200 g cream (Health and Beauty)
I had taken this cream on a cruise in April. I had never used it before but figured I needed something moisturizing as I would be traveling to the Caribbean and would not be using pre-shave oil. I really didn't know how well this moisturized until I used it on the ship and went out to the port of call. I was baking in the sun all day, but, my shaving area still stayed soft and moisturized.

If I were stranded on a desert island, this would be a great cream to be stranded with. It contains pure coconut oil so it's almost as if you have the pre-shave oil built in. Even with three passes using a 20 Feather Razor Blades NEW Hi-stainless Double Edge blade my skin still felt soft and I had no cuts or nicks. Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shave Cream Jar used to be my #1 cream but after using this, I now have a new favorite. Try using Geo F. Trumper Limes Skin Food, 100ml before you shave and after. I use it and it really helps cushion your shave in addition to seal up your skin afterwards.

You may also like my other favorite things:

Geo F. Trumper's Limes Shaving Cream Jar
Truefitt & Hill Grafton Shaving Cream
Kiehl's Mens Alcohol-Free Herbal Toner 8.4 Oz.
Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather Shaving Cream 75g shaving cream
Thayers Alcohol-Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner - 12 oz

If you don't have this cream in your rotation, you're crazy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, I love it, March 2, 2013
I've tried many different shaving creams and bought this on a whim. Wow ! The lather is so thick and nice on the skin with a hint of coconut but not overwhelming. Its not going to make you smell like you rubbed coconut scented sunscreen on your face. I had to adjust the amount used because I was used to using Proraso Sensitve. Just a little on the tip of the brush and in a few seconds you have a very thick lather in the bowl and it will last for at least four passes if needed. I just sent some to my son in the Navy. I highly recommend this stuff. I anticipate this stuff lasting much longer than the Proraso so the extra cost is offset a little. Worth the price !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shaving creme, June 24, 2014
I have tried all the modern type shaving foams and gels from cans. Most of them are ok. I happened to stay at a hotel in London right next to the Geo F Trumper shop but I didn't buy in the shop but i woke my interest. So, after I got back to the US i started to do a little research and this one seemed like a good thing to try. I have now used it for a little over a month and it is way better than the 'just ok' shaving foams and gels i have tried before. It seems like it protects my skin better not alone when I am shaving but also during the day. Dont be afraid of the price. i predict that the jar will last for a year or so (with one shave per day). I can barely see I have used mine. If you are not used to use this kind of shaving creme find a youtube video that shows the instructions. They are very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the top-shelf standards, September 5, 2012
If you opt for a cream instead of a shaving soap, typically you get slightly denser lather (which helps the blade glide more easily). Well, this takes the cake. Honestly, a tiny bit of this stuff lathers to create a foamy cushion of coconut-infused bliss. When you're done with your shave, your skin will be nice and soft- definitely no "post-shave dryness" with this stuff. You just have to use a good brush to really lather it and work some of the moisturizers into your skin.

My only real complaint is that the coconut scent is very mild and doesn't last too long. In fact, after a few months (yes, a tub will last you a really long time) the amazing coconut aroma is all but gone. That said, you'll still have brilliant shaves with this stuff, even as you reach the bottom of the tub.

As someone that's used most of the well known brands (Truefitt & Hill, Art of Shaving, Taylor of Old Bond St., and even some designer brands like Hermès) I can assure you this is about as good as you can get.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST, February 18, 2014
I love this stuff. The scent is like none other. I would recommend it just for that. But it has a great lather ability and great for sensitive skin, like mine. This is the only shaving cream I will be buying. I love the coconut smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, high grade coconut oil product, November 19, 2013
Excellent quality shaving cream. It doesn't have overwhelming amounts of fragrance mostly noted by cheaper brands trying to pass of good stuff. This has actual high grade coconut oil which really REALLY works into the lather and makes it very lubricating and smooth. It doesn't dry as quickly as other creams and foams and a little bit creates a lot of lather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful shave cream, November 5, 2013
My husband loves this shaving cream. Quality product. Light smell only. Reminds him of Hawaii. Will continue to buy Trumper products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Shaving Cream!, July 24, 2013
If you are on the fence about this product, don't be. Just buy it!

It's simply amazing and the smell is to die for. I usually buy Art of Shaving but I wanted something better and this certainly fits the bill.

A little goes a long way so this will last you several months if you use a brush with it. Highly recommend this product.