5.0 out of 5 stars Great Producf
I looked for a long time for a new shave soap that would work well with my sensitive skin. Wow was this ever it. Lathering it up(like geofatboy shows you) makes a nice creamy application. It shaves like a dream and smells really nice. I would definately buy this again and and any other Geo F Trumper products.
Published on January 17, 2012 by Joseph M. Hardwicke

1.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely the Original Product
This is not the original Geo F Trumper Rose. I have the same cream in the tube and compared them both. Different color and scent. Jar version is a deeper color with a soapy scent. I should have known there was something wrong when I paid more for the 75g tube than for the 200g jar. You get what you paid for. Buyer beware. I didn't return it to avoid the hazle of dealing...
Published 1 month ago by Juan J. Cordero

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Producf, January 17, 2012
Joseph M. Hardwicke (MECHANICSVILLE, VA, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, covers all its bases. Good value., February 19, 2012
I am a BIG fan of this product. About the price, I think this product falls on the side of value vs. luxury. I imagine luxury goods as costing much more per $ than the performance they're returning. (diminishing returns) This product does not suffer from that -- you pay more for money for more performance! Yes, TOBS et al make mid-shelf products in the same Rose scent. However, as I explain below, I think GFT Roses is better.

This product really hits its marks. The scent is fantastic -- light, clean, and relaxing (I call it the "fresh, clean laundry" effect). I was skeptical at first -- I thought roses were 'girly'/floral scents weren't for men -- but I was so glad to be wrong. It doesn't require a lot of product per use. It lathers in a jiffy. It gives me great cushion. Its slickness is first-rate compared to all my other soaps and creams. Lastly, it's nice and hydrating! My skin never felt dried out by the soap.

In short, I'd endorse this as a buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice, but try Trumpers Violet too, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Geo F Trumper Shaving Cream Jar - Rose (200g) (Health and Beauty)
Lathers up easily with a rich foam, very smooth and creamy on the skin. Designed for sensitive skin. Rose scent is okay, not too overpowering, but I like the Violet cream better because it has more of a soap scent mixed in. Trumpers really produces a great product-- the lubrication for shaving is its best feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality shaving cream for an excellent shave., December 20, 2014
I have heard other guys talking about the advantages of wet shaving...so i decided to start looking into it bit by bit.

I bought a few shaving creams ...here's my review of GFT's Rose shaving cream

It arrived in a medium sized box ,i was impressed with GFT's packaging ...as it is a well respected establishment in England.

1- 1st thing i noticed was the neat plastic tub (which has a plastic sleeve inside) which the shaving cream came in. The smell of flowery rose scent hit my nose upon opening the plastic sleeve. It looks like pink sugar paste....Wow...smells nice but a bit feminine.(so it might put off some of you) But as long as the better half didn't mind...i didn't.

2- One thing once i opened it i did ...was take a dab of it (almond sized) in my wet hands to see how it lathered. Whoa...like i said i'm a novice to this type of shaving but i was quite impressed by how lather formed in my damp hands off a small size like this. If anything it shows this is 200gm tub will last a few months if you shave every other day. (Ok i know ..i know..i need to use a shaving brush plus bowl ...i'll be reviewing those at a later time)

3 Once i lathered up my face, you felt a slight oil base coating your skin ...after a great 1st shave ...it felt like i had already put moisturizer on my face. It honestly felt great! No overwhelming smell ...a faint smell if anything. No complaints in any sense. if anything it left wanting to try out the other GFT shaving creams to see the difference in smell.

I honestly can't complain about using this product...i'd suggest you try a GFT shaving cream sampler...http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/geo-f-trumper-1-4-sample-pack-7-scents-shaving-cream/.

After trying this type of product ...Try it...you'll never look back afterwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, fantastic scent, very slick, August 12, 2010
Very easy to work into a slick, nice smelling, cream. Much better than eShave, which I have been using.

Would have given it five stars if the price was a little less.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the quality/performance, not in love with the scent, January 19, 2014
I converted to wet shaving about 15 months ago, and the George F Trumper products had a lot of recommendations and reviews. This is the 2nd shave cream I have tried (I still think the Limes version is my favorite). This, like all GFT products has a beautiful texture, thick and creamy, and doesn't take much on a good brush to make a very very creamy lather. It performs very well, either with my safety razor or my straight razor. A tub like this will last you 6 months plus. For sure.

The one star ding that I gave it was about the smell. The rose scent is very light, floral, fresh, but for me it is just not quite my style. I like the more citrus scents. This is a solid 4 star, I'd say 4.5 if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cream, December 29, 2013
I love the cream. Wjips up a great lather for a smooth shave, i was worried about the rose scent, but it actually is very pleasent. The razor just glided down my face. If your new to DE shaving I ould suggest a high quality cream, and this is just the ticket!

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle Smell, Excellent Lather, December 27, 2013
This has been my favorite shaving cream since I got it as a gift when I was 13. It smells subtle and great, and it leaves your face feeling smooth and clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 6, 2013
Use it almost daily to shave. Smells rosy when you apply it but doesn't last beyond that. Great lather and real good shave. I use Harry's razors. Very nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving heaven!, September 27, 2013
I read about Trumper shaving cream and I bought a jar.
I can say that I love it, it smells good, not overpowering
and it works great, I get a clean, close shave, every time.
A little goes a long way, this jar will last a long time.
If you are looking for a good shaving cream, this is a good one,
I recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Geo F Trumper Shaving Cream Jar - Rose (200g)
$18.28