Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on August 19, 2012
My 8 year old daughter was more pleased than I was with the product. I guess I didn't read the description well enough, but whe I received them I realized the rocks are pretty small. I'd say each stone is about 1/2 inch. The box they come in is thin cardboard so of course it didn't last long, my daughter is keeping them in a ziploc. I thought they would come with a sheet or something that identified the stones and maybe information on them, but the only thing is on the back of the box it shows some stones that "MAY" be in your kit. She didnt have all the ones on there, and some of the stones she got were not listed on the box.
Overall, for the price its okay, and my daughter just loves rocks and stones so she was pleased. She will get a lot of joy out of it.
11 comment63 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
I bought these to share with my kids and was surprised by how small the rocks are. Each one is no bigger than a penny.
0Comment31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
I could not tell from the photograph how small these rock samples would turn out to be. They are too small for 2nd Graders to easily hold without dropping or losing them.
22 comments16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2013
Deceiving picture- much smaller rocks then how it looks online. Plus, they do not specify the types or names of the rocks you get. It's ok, but not really what I hoped it was.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2013
No Identification came with the box. One has to do much research to identify most of them! A card or paper should have the names of each rock or mineral
on April 20, 2013
not a very nice mix of stones at all. The picture shows larger and better pieces these were not the real things so tiny i know it says Little" boxof roxs but come on! Mine werent even the right colors and shapes . Very disapointed Ill spend more money next time you get what you pay for.!!
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
I was dissappointed in the small size of this box of rocks. The assortment was nice but they were not labelled so that you could know at a glance what you were looking at. Names of each stone on the front would greatly improve this gift item
on February 22, 2013
As other reviewers have said, it's smaller than they say. The rocks aren't even close to 22 mm. Maybe in circumference. There are some cool looking rocks but the identification guide doesn't necessarily match up with what you get.

That said, the recipient LOVED this gift.
review image
on July 25, 2013
Rocks were smaller than i had imagined they would be .. I would not have purchased had I known they would be so small
on February 14, 2014
My son was so excited to get his new rocks. Now I bought a display case to put them in and they fit nicely in the case. I do suggest buying a case though to really appreciate the stones.