5.0 out of 5 stars Got it on Kindle app.
Immediate download for rental. Had highlight & bookmark capabilities. This is a great option for students who don't want to buy an expensive book & you can select the end date, which is great!
Published 24 months ago by Delilah Moody

3.0 out of 5 stars It' alright
What can I say ? It's a textbook. The glossery is confusing, no real deffinitions and it is hard to find anything through the index.
Published 21 months ago by Julian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it on Kindle app., January 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my purposes, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts, 15th Edition (Hardcover)
Great book for general overview of world geography. The authors have included adequate historical and social background without delving into minutiae - a delicate balancing act many are unable to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Current information, thorough but sparks interest in further research., February 24, 2014
This is an excellent text. It reads like a well informed editorial at times, so interesting. Sparks interest. Excellent maps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Geography Book!, February 18, 2014
This book has been one of the easiest textbooks to read. The nature of my class requires me to read the material ahead of time to be able to good on the quiz's, tests, etc. Overall well written, easy to read and came in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written great maps, April 17, 2013
I will enjoy this book even after my class is complete. I have caught my son and husband reading over my shoulder. At first I rented it but I decided to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars college book, April 1, 2013
Was glad to have found this book for son's class. It was in the shape described and arrived when it suppose to.

3.0 out of 5 stars It' alright, March 25, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 7, 2013
Book was very interesting, possibly one of the best textbooks I've ever purchased (and I've purchased a lot!). I almost wish that I hadn't rented it, because it's a book I wouldn't mind keeping on my shelf.

Advice to people considering the Kindle version:

If you like reading e-books, great! Go for it!

If you don't like reading e-books, or even reading anything of great length on a computer/tablet/phone, go for the hard copy. I am a lover of hard copy books, and I bought the Kindle version because I'm cheap. I wished over and over again that I hadn't gone that route. The book constantly refers to maps and graphs that are on different pages and it's a pain to flip back and forth (it will also refer to charts on the inside covers of the books...I didn't even bother). Plus, who doesn't love the smell of a new book? (Well, I guess those of us who like the smell of money better...)

3.0 out of 5 stars Book, May 29, 2014
I got this book for school education so like any educational book, they are ok. Parts are boring and others are intruiging. Very informative; I prefer getting my school books through Amazon for the reaon they are reliable. I have purchased many others and this is another to add to the bookshelf.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't use on Windows 8???, May 28, 2014
My son has started college and his textbook for a summer class is $150 in the college store. So I looked on Amazon and found it used for $28 which I bought. But we got my son a Windows 8 tablet last Fall and saw that the book was available for rental on Kindle which includes Kindle for PC for only $30. So I thought we would get both and he could decide which one he prefered before we had to buy a lot of books for the Fall semester. So he went to download the book and got an error "Not available on Windows 8". So what, are there different formats of Kindle books for different versions of Windows?
So why did I put 3 stars? Because it comes with a 7 day free trial and I can cancel the transaction and not lose my money.
Really, I would rather have the book on Kindle - why can't you download it for Windows 8? This makes no sense.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts, 15th Edition
Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts, 15th Edition by Harm J. de Blij (Hardcover - 2012)
$96.60