Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Geography Through Art
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 21, 2010
Geography Through Art

While perusing the Internet to try to find a way to make geography a bit more fun for ALL our children (ranging from 4th to 9th grade), I stumbled upon "Geography Through Art: International Art Projects for Kids" and thought I'd give it a try. My children have always been creative and all love to draw and design.We soon discovered this book is the perfect fit for us. I can use the book to teach all the children and learn many artistic terms while learning geography. Of course, all the easy-to-do projects make for a plus in that their creative juices never tire of flowing and they have new challenges (and all the artwork to display!) I highly recommend this resource and especially find it helpful for teaching multiple children AND two subjects! I cannot wait to try another book in this series and neither can my children.
on January 14, 2013
This is a great book. Your student or child gets to create an art project that has to do with the country they are studying.Very hands on and helps to add exitment to learning about a culture and the art of that culture.
on August 12, 2013
I loved the book, the projects and geography. My son dislikes art and geography. He didn't hate the projects in the book which speaks volumes, he found them tolerable and was able to finish them. The neighbor's daughter, both of them are 11 years old, who often does art projects with us, loved all the projects and learned quite a bit from the projects.

The initial amount of money required for for all the projects is pretty heavy, but I now have nice art materials my child will never willing use.
on September 12, 2015
I have always wanted to purchase this book and finally had the reason! I am using this along with Around the World in 180 Days and Eat Your Way Around the World to study world geography and cultures with a group of middle school students. There are numerous and varied projects for each country so you can really choose according to your time frame, budget, and student interest without feeling like you are repeating or short changing your students. Another big plus is that the projects are truly artist quality but you would be able to use most for almost any age group, as long as they have the ability and interest. We just completed the butterfly wing mosaic project with ages 9 - 13. We used scrapbooking paper that we tore into pieces and each child chose something related to Africa as their subject. One child made the earth with the continent of Africa as the center, one made an elephant, one a savannah scene, and the other a column with a bird on top from an actual photo in National Geographic. I will post pictures later this week!
on September 29, 2015
This is a great book. We are going to be using this in conjunction with Trail Guide to World History. I love how this is put together. A lot of great ideas. I saw a review that said that they used this as a curriculum for art. I could see that. You won't be bored whether you use it alone or with the Trail Guides.
on January 9, 2014
I think it's great for younger kids not so much for older ones. Was thinking art projects but felt like kids craft projects
on March 2, 2015
This book was recommended to supplement our Trail Guide to World Geography. Loved the ideas and they were mostly things you could put together quickly and inexpensively. Highly recommended.
on August 4, 2015
What a fun resource to add to our home school curriculum! Easy to follow and a great way to tie different subjects together.
on March 24, 2015
Great book, we are using it for a homeschool co- op lesson. It serves as a great jumping off point and guide
on May 24, 2014
Arrived in perfect condition by the time expected. We are really looking forward to completing the art projects. There are so many to choose from.