George Burns & Gracie Allen Show - COLLECTOR'S EMBOSSED TIN - 2 DVD SET!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
(NOTE in #9 there is a fun musical interlude with a young Bob Fosse!)
1) Bank Account - The banker has a talk with the Burns about Gracie's odd check writing system
2) Income Tax Man - The income tax man gets frustrated trying to understand Gracie's tax deductions
3) House Guest - Gracie's friend Mamie Kelly comes to visit, and stays and stays
4) Teenage Girl Spends the Weekend - Emily Vanderlip stays with the Burns while her parents are out of town
5) Marriage Bureau - Gracie's wardrobe assistant Jane wins a trip for two to Hawaii
6) Kleebob Card Game - George and Harry try to get out of going to the movies by teaching their wives a confusing card game
7) Property Tax Assessor - The county tax assessor pays a visit to the Burns', and Gracie puts a dent in the fender of the car
8) Space Patrol Girls - Trouble starts when Mamie Kelly and her three children park their trailer in the Burns back yard
9) Harry Morton's Male Secretary - When Harry Morton hires a new secretary, Blanche and Gracie suspect that he has hired a beautiful girl
10) Beverly Hills Uplift Society - Grace and her Uplifters Society are locked out of their clubhouse because Gracie forgot to pay the rent
There are no captions or subtitles on either disc, so with the first disc especially, one must listen attentively, or use the slow speed on your DVD player (if you're lucky enough to have that feature) to capture all the wonderful one-liners that Gracie throws out at lightning speed.
The shows are much like todays sit-coms, only from the '50s, and much, much more tame. The humor is family-oriented and fun to watch. Gracie is the life of ALL the skits!
Gracie seems much like an early version of Goldie Hawn, but without tatoos, blonde hair, or a mini-skirt. Gracie was a wonderful comedian who acted completely oblivious to the lunacy she delivered, and was utterly charming at it!! Goldi Hawn, who really became famous with her role on "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" in the '60s, may have fashioned herself somewhat after Gracie!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
George and Gracie are classic. Love them! This dvd, however is not amazing.Published 11 days ago by Evident
If you don't know Burns and Allen, you really ought to learn. While you've probably seen him working much later, George Burns was NOT the talent of that team.Published 6 months ago by jimjays
VERY MISLEADING!! The picture and description make it look like it's a full collection or at least a large collection. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Stephen B.
I loved this comedy team and enjoy watching old films of them.Published 21 months ago by MARY JO GORSUCH
This is my daughter's review:
I LOVE this CD! In fact, I love it, so much, that when I finished listening to the whole thing, I decided to listen to it, all over again, from... Read more
Bought as a gift for my mom. We were disappointed in the quality of the DVD, it is watchable. The shows are great; early years! Read morePublished 22 months ago by Colleen M. Mueller