5.0 out of 5 stars not ALL his stuff....but great anyway....
So..like many of us ..I already owned much of this material and spent the money to get everything in one nice box and the extra 1hr interview...
was it worth it? well, I have mixed feelings..
I have to rate this 5 stars because it is George and it is classic stuff.

Published on March 21, 2008 by Richardson

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
not his best work; spotty, needs editing
Published 4 months ago by consumer

5.0 out of 5 stars not ALL his stuff....but great anyway...., March 21, 2008
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
was it worth it? well, I have mixed feelings..
I have to rate this 5 stars because it is George and it is classic stuff.

It does NOT have George's Best Stuff , the dvd on the complete George Carlin box set...which while it is a best of ...also has an all time classic bit on "STUFF" from the Comic Relief special ....which is NOT in this set..called "All My Stuff"...so its a minor point but a frustration.

George is the greatest standup of all time and not only funny, but he makes you THINK....and that is his special gift and I've been a fan since my high school days ,which coincided with his early little David releases that preceed this set.

enjoy...and was it worth it to spend all that money for the extra 1 hour interview...for me ..Yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, but there's even more..., November 6, 2007
Bruno Diaz (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
This is an amazing collection, and I'm not the kind of person who uses the word "amazing" very often. George Carlin's thoughts and work are truly liberating and hilarious. The amazing thing about Carlin is that this 14 disk set doesn't even totally cover his career. His albums are also incredible and include material you won't find here, though a lot of it is re-hashed in these specials. When I was a teenager, my brother and I sometimes worked as janitors cleaning buildings for extra money and we used to listen to Carlin's tapes while we were working. It made the job fun and that's the biggest compliment I can give to George Carlin; he made working as a janitor kind of a good time (at least until the tapes ran out).

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRULY SAD DAY IN COMEDY! A TRIBUTE TO AN ICON!, June 23, 2008
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
I awoke this morning to some very sad news........one of my heroes has died! George Carlin was one of the greatest comedians of all time and he was so much more! Not only did he make us laugh until we cried, he also made some very intelligent and profound observations. With a comedy career spanning over 50 years, this Irish-American life erudite never walked on egg shells or pulled any punches!

Sadly, he was only a few months away from receiving The Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. I'm sure he was aware of how much he was loved and how special his brand of comedy is. I'm glad he went out on a high note with one of his funniest comedy specials ever!.....It's Bad For Ya! I'll be the first in line to buy it when it comes out on DVD. This box set, although not as complete as the title states is an excellent collection of Mr. Carlin's material.

R.I.P. George! You will be missed!

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars really...some of the picture quality ruins the fun, October 28, 2008
Patrik Lemberg (Tammisaari Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
I really, really wish I could give this box a full 5 star rating, and I actually do so when only taking the quality of Carlin's material and performance into consideration, but due to the digitally deteriorated picture quality on several of these HBO specials I just can't...and I'm not being nitpicky here. I'm talking about stuff that will make your eyes sting after a while. The box itself is great as well as the bonus material, but throughout the first special as well as the third and fourth (and one or two more) there are these horizontal lines--a couple of dozens of them--occupying all of screen, and they're highyl visual and create striped blurs over the whole screen during sudden movement (the speed of movement that is required for a heavy blur to appear varies from disc to disc, but it's more obvious on close-up shots, and the first special suffers the most.) This unfortunate flaw really effects your mood while trying to concentrate on Carlin's shows...so a few of these discs have been exposed to some sort of digital over-compression, while a bit over half are just fine. Actually, on the "George on George" documentary on one of the two bonus discs, clips are shown from several of these specials, but the quality is crisp and clear, and you think to yourself "why can't the actual shows on the other discs look this great?" ...it's a shame. I own no other of Carlin's HBO shows separately, and don't know if most of the early ones suffer from this over-compression or whatever it is the way they do here, but I'm almost ready to buy one of them just to see if I can replace the discs in this set...but I suspect that these are just gathered discs of all already separately released DVD's.

...oh, and I don't think I have to explain anything about George Carlin and his stand-up for this product. He's a legend, and you know his stuff (you wouldn't be considering buying this pricey box if you weren't familiar with his comedy from before) ...I just wanted to be the first one to point out this unfortunate flaw. It's the only flaw, but it's a big one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Standup of all time, October 26, 2007
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
"Don't you find it a little bit strange that Ronald Reagan had an operation on his as**ole and George Bush had an operation on his middle finger? What are these two men trying to tell us?" - Carlin has the best one line openers of any comedian in history and this collection has 'em all - A must have for any fan of comedy- he is by far the greatest standup of all time. Buy this set and watch his incredible evolution throughout his career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of Carlin at a great price., March 11, 2008
Outlaw Woman (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas, he is a big Carlin fan and had several of his HBO specials on VHS. He had been talking about replacing the videos with DVDs - buying them one at a time would have gotten expensive. This set includes ALL of George's HBO specials including some early ones neither of us had ever watched. It also comes with some cool extras any fan would enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Already the world seems a bit less bright...", June 25, 2008
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
We could have gone to see him in March in Santa Rosa where the last HBO special was filmed live(and where we saw him a few years back)...Really regretting not going. This set is great, not inclusive but very close. He was pure genius, willing to call the world as it is and never being politically correct. Some may be turned off by the profanity? Then they're missing the point.

"Why are we here? Plastic, a**h**e!" (Jammin' in New York)

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Laughing, June 23, 2008
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
Very sad news. Since I was a teen in the 80's, I grew up with the wit and wisdom of George. If there was ever one comedian I looked forward to watching when the announcement came out that a brand new special was airing soon, his was it. I will truly miss him - such a genius of the comedian world.

Forever in our hearts and forever laughing.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best of the best, October 3, 2009
Maestro (Cape Coral, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
Like George Carlin? Want most of the shows he has done? Then this is the box for you. It contains his 13 HBO specials, as well as interviews and documentaries. To complete the HBO shows, buy "It's bad for ya" separately and you have all of his most important material.
He will be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Carlin!, September 19, 2011
This review is from: George Carlin: All My Stuff (DVD)
The discs are a pain to remove from the case. Feels like you might break them trying to get them out. Otherwise if you're a George Carlin fan, this is a must have!

George Carlin: All My Stuff
George Carlin: All My Stuff by George Carlin (DVD - 2007)
$189.98 $97.22