Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: George Foreman GR10RM Champ Grill, Red
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

I've had a several variations on the small George Foreman grills. I have literally worn most of them out, and they last when cared for! I use my GF a LOT. They are great when making a meal in the summer. It doesn't noticeably heat the room like the broiler in my oven and I think it uses much less power all year round. They are just the right size for one or two people.

I cooked steak, lamb, pork, chicken, salmon, tuna, cod, haddock, bluefish, trout, and a bunch of stuff that just isn't coming immediately to mind. It was all great. The biggest danger is over-cooking because it's so fast and cooks from both sides at once.

When cooking for one and there is space behind a steak or pork chop, I put slices of veggies like bell pepper and onions back there to cook with the steak. Behind the steak is a steamy spot on the grill and these veggies cook to perfection in the same time as the steak. Sometimes I rub them with olive oil for a nice taste.

The tilted design is great to get rid of grease and the hot plates sear the surface to seal in juices and flavor. With fish I like to use a very light coating of Mayo which seems to help make pink and white fish even more detectibly moist and tasty. With steak and meats the grill works great with rubs and spices. I really like the Paul Prudome "magic" line of spices. Yum! Even cooking a whole trout is great, albeit I needed to slice it in two at the ribs so it all fit at once. About 6 minutes between the plates and done to yummy perfection.

If you freeze steaks, a 6 oz 3/4" thick steak frozen solid and dropped on the hot places will be done to medium in just about 10 minutes, in my experience steak cold out of the fridge of the same size/thickness is done to medium in about 5 to 6 minutes. The timing is just about second nature now.

The non-stick surface isn't perfect, though pretty good. Be careful with forks/knives and use a plastic spatula to remove fish as it has a greater tendency to stick than anything else.

Cleanup is oh so easy. While one must not put their little GF in the dishwasher or immerse it (I wish the plates were removable!) it's still pretty easy to clean.

First, just after the food comes off I give it a quick hot wipe with a paper towel to get the bulk off. Just takes a second to do this. After the meal I finish the clean-up by hanging the front of the GF over the sink and using a soapy wet sponge. I thoroughly wash the plates and clean the catch tray. Then I use the clean catch tray to rinse the plates of soap, then drain it and both air dry. Water all flows into the sink and it's really clean. It all takes a minute or two.

This is a great tool. If it wasn't so great why would I keep buying them? :-) I even keep a spare on the shelf in case my current 4 year old one fails. I love my GF and its saved so much of my time while giving me great food to enjoy.

Update May 2013:
I've moved to a new GF Champ (the current one was bought 4 years ago) and the cooking times seem to be a little longer than my old one. Just a little reminder that while all the GF Champ variations are virtually identical (except for the plastic shell) there are small individual differences in how hot they get and cooking times may need small adjustments between units. I find the same thing is true in Microwave ovens. A small adjustment.

I still love my GF Champ and have given just about one of every champ model to friends or family members.
99 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
I just bought this grill and it was delivered in 2 days. It replaced an earlier one that I had for about 8 years which was losing its non stick coating.

The size of this grill was a little smaller than my first one and I was a little surprised even though I had written down the measurements.

However it turned out to be a blessing in disquise. It is still large enough for my needs and the benefit of the smaller size is less weight and less counter space and easier cleaning. Actually it is so light that I can hold it with one hand so that running hot water runs over the plates while holding with one hand without getting into the wiring or the underside. That enables me to use those separately sold sponges to easily clean the grille. Then wipe it dry with a paper towel.

I had initially wanted to purchase a grille with the removable plates for washing in the dishwasher, but after reading all the customer reviews it appears that those models do not heat up sufficiently to really sear the meat.

This model heats up quickly and heats up to a higher temperature than my original model, easily searing the meat. It will cook a 1 pound hamburger or two thick pieces of pork in 5 minutes.

I would recommend this model to single people who want something quick, easy and economical. Get the sponges as they are worth the money.
on December 16, 2012
I cook a ton of stuff on my Foreman - chicken, pork chops, and steaks. I got this smaller one because I live in a small NYC apartment and you have to be wary of the footprint of everything. The main issues I have with it are that it's kind of a pain to clean because the plates aren't removable and the power cord is just way too short. Again, it's an NYC thing and probably not an issue if you live in a larger, more modern apartment with lots of counter space and outlets nearby. For me though, I have to position it oddly or use an extension cord.
on May 21, 2013
I didn't even try it - you would not be able to cook more than one (decent sized) hamburger at a time on this - the photo shows 2 burgers - they must be very small. Also, it doesn't have a floating hinge so the burgers (steak or whatever is to be cooked) must be quite flat. I gave it away and ordered a larger grill with removable plates and a floating hinge... I loved my old George Foreman grill that I had for many years - and which did not have removable plates - so I look forward to the new one.
on January 30, 2016
I love this grill! I always wanted a GF but I wasn't sure if I could afford it let alone the food to cook on it. With a students budget, life can consist of pizza and ramen. HOWEVER contrary to my assumption not only is the food inexpensive enough to buy to cook this way, I found that when I was eating healthier off of this, I stayed fuller longer and ate less often. Maybe it has something to do with putting good food in instead of junk. On that note I went beyond meat and put veggies on skewers and made kabobs right on this little grill. Finding a way to do veggies on the foreman was a must and it worked out to my surprise. I used oil to keep the veggies from stickingI highly recommend this product to anyone who is short on time or space in the kitchen. Made wasting my time on the oven a thing of the past!
on June 18, 2014
This is the new flimsy version of the classic Foreman Grill. The older model GR10AWHT - built like a tank - weighed in at 3lbs 10oz. This one weighs 2 lbs 4oz. - It feels cheap and food doesn't cook evenly. It would cost about half of what I paid to return it so it looks like I'm stuck. Don't get stuck yourself.
on December 11, 2014
Perfect for one or two person. I can see it becoming cumbersome to use it for an entire family, but for my girlfriend and I it is more than enough. We use it mostly for chicken breast and can cook two average sized pieces (about 100-120 grams) at the same time. One piece is usually enough for one person. It takes about 7 minutes to cook a thawed chicken, not sure about a frozen one. I am a horrible cook but this takes a lot of the work out for me, which is nice. Because the George Foreman Grill usually drains out the oil, I recommend marinating your chicken breast or whatever meat in a bag for at least a day with olive oil, some basil, garlic, salt and pepper for extra flavor. If you do this, you will have a much juicier, tasty chicken.
on January 10, 2015
My pre-teen enjoys cooking and likes making the typical grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, etc. but I'm not comfortable with her exploring her culinary curiosity on her own so this was a great option for her. Now she can come home after school and make something hot without actually "cooking". This grill was perfect! It can fit 1 large burger or 2 smaller ones and it allows her the independence without the risk. It's easy to clean and she just wipes down the metal plates with a damp napkin after it cools down. I had a Foreman Grill years ago and used to make grilled vegetables, paninis, rolls that won't fit it in toaster, seafood - you name it! I highly recommend this product!
on September 4, 2015
This grill is far better that the newer one replacing it, that I originally purchased. The newer model has a VERY short cord and a microscopic cooking surface. This one has a somewhat longer cord, and has enough space to grill to servings of most things. I like to do pork chops, mainly, but I have also done chicken breasts and burgers.

The only negative is that the grill plates are not removable for cleaning. I would have easily paid more for that.
on November 14, 2014
I read good and bad reviews of this grill before buying, but I've been very happy with mine. I don't know whether the amount of grease that runs off this grill is enough to reduce calories to the point that I would lose weight. To me, the selling point of this grill is that I can fix meats quickly and easily. I'm no gourmet under any circumstances, but I've been happy with the taste of steaks, chicken, and pork chops that I've grilled.

One point that anyone needs to consider is that grease will splatter through the sides of this grill. The counter around the grill will pick up some grease and need to be cleaned carefully after every meal.