I bought this from an on-line/tv retailer when it was offered as a special value. I paid about $100 for it at the time and did not do any comparison shopping because the seller offered a liberal 'no ask' return policy which had been extended for Xmas returns.
I had a specific reason for ordering this item. I wanted a multi purpose grill/griddle/waffle iron that would eliminate the need for separate appliances since I currently have too many appliances stashed all over the kitchen.
After reading the instruction book very carefully, I was good to go. This makes excellent steaks, chops, and burgers. I've used it to make grilled cheese sandwiches, grill vegetables, make mini pizzas on the griddle top as well as quesadillas, potato pancakes, crepes, bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles on the waffle iron component, and pretty much anything else someone might normally make. The results have been good to great based on the suggested cooking times.
I have encountered no problems with this unit.
I've owned a couple of other Foreman grills in the lower price ranges and liked them but wasn't as enthused because the units weren't submersible. In this case, cleaning is easy because the multiple plates provided with this unit snap out easily and can go right to the dishwasher. A simple soap and water clean-up is all the exterior of the unit requires.
If you follow the instructions that come with the unit you will probably have good results. I would suggest that you shop around for a better price as these appliances can vary a lot in price between sellers.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
During our move a year ago we gave up many (most) of our small electric appliances. I purchased this so that I could replace many of them - it turns out it is all I need.

I have made waffles on several occasions. They always turn out perfectly, even better than my old waffle maker.
The grill itself has held everything from hamburgers to steaks, and my husband has been pleased with those results.

It acts as a small oven, baking small portions, and it also works nicely as a portable griddle. I have also used it for Paninis. It is the most versatile item I have owned, and I highly recommend the fact that it packs a lot of functions in a very small space.

I have added the George Foreman Omelet Plates for the G5 George Foreman Grill and now use it for pocket sandwiches and omelets. This little plate can make three small pie crusts or even turnovers!

Since I have an electric stove, it takes no longer to warm up than the burner on my stove, and is much more convenient than heating my entire oven for small items.

Were it really shines is that it has a super cookbook on how to use all of these plates, and it is easy to use the time and temperature to adapt the recipes to your own favorites.
on June 30, 2014
Verified Purchase
This thing fell apart shortly.
on March 25, 2013
Verified Purchase
When it got here my wife felt it had already been opened. Sure enough, it was broke and box contents just thrown back into the box.
I called the store about the problem, they asked I take a couple pictures and they would ship a new one. Now I ask you , how's that for customer service? Really happy about that.
on June 20, 2010
I just picked this product up. It comes with everything as stated in the advertisement, was easy to un-box and prepare for use. I am going to take it for a test ride later this afternoon or evening. More to follow...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question