5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for all sponge needs - esp. the George
Published on December 21, 2005 by TB45

1.0 out of 5 stars Rather useless overall.
Published on November 1, 2009 by Kari Schafer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for all sponge needs - esp. the George, December 21, 2005
TB45 (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
This is a great product. Cleaning the grill used to take at least 5 minutes, now it is about 1 minute. I cook about 5-10 meals a week on my George Foreman Grill and these sponges make cleaning it a breeze. I also use the sponges on pots, pans, dishes - and have found them to be excellent for those uses as well. They last as long as a regular sponge and when they start to show their wear, I use them in the bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars George's Sponges, March 24, 2007
This review is from: George Foreman GFSP3 Sponges, 3-Pack (Kitchen)
These are the only sponges that can hold up to the heat and clean this grill right. I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing works better, June 18, 2010
These are the perfect sponges for the George Foreman Grill. They have a scrubby side and a spongy side. There are grooves made into them to get every nook and cranny. I keep them stocked up, but one sponge lasts a long time. I always warm up the grill and, of course, wet the sponge before I clean--makes it very easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rather useless overall., November 1, 2009
This review is from: George Foreman GFSP3 Sponges, 3-Pack (Kitchen)
At first I thought this sponge would be really helpful when I got my grill, but unfortunately it comes apart much too quickly. The best thing I've found to clean the grill is to just wet down a wad of paper towels while it's still warm and scrub it down quickly that way. It works much better and actually gets it clean, you really don't need the special sponges when they break down after a few uses.

4.0 out of 5 stars George Foreman Sponge, February 12, 2010
This product worked as described. It is very useful & better then a regular sponge or paper towel to get the grease off the grill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, But Essential Sponge for Cleaning Foreman Grill, November 3, 2010
*****
I just bought my first George Foreman grill and after cooking a hamburger, tried to clean it using a plastic scrubber. I couldn't get it clean. So I tried a paper towel and scrubbed and scrubbed. Still didn't work. Then (finally) I remembered the sponge (this sponge) that came with it. I tried it and instantly the grill came clean---easily---no fuss! Both sides are really helpful. And of course, a warm grill with the wet sponge makes the job super quick. I immediately ordered this three-pack.

There are other sponges without the grooves in them that may work too, but these really get into the grooves so well that I doubt that anything could work as well as they do. If you have a Foreman grill, they are an essential accessory.

Even though they are pretty expensive for a little sponge, it does look like it is sturdy and will last a long time if cared for, and more importantly, it's a huge time-saver that makes the whole grilling and cleanup process easy instead of a hassle. So to me this means I'll look forward to using the grill and actually use it instead of storing it in the back of my pantry :)

Highly recommended.
*****

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off, August 1, 2009
K. A. Stevens "flying ape" (Beaverton, OR United States) - See all my reviews
Don't be fooled. This is only one sponge, not the 3 you get from other venders for the same price. I got fooled and payed $6.00 for ONE measly sponge !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I Deserve This One - Got Burned, March 5, 2011
First, I should have listened to other reviewers who stated that these were poorly made. Second, I could have saved a bundle of money and received the same cleaning results with Scotch Brite pads. You can get a huge package of them at Costco or Sam's Club for a lot less than these "George Foreman GFSP3 Indoor Grill Cleaning Sponges", and the durable Scotch Brite pads can be used on everything. Save your money, guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN EXEPECTED!!!, June 21, 2010
Was willing to try the product as I know cleaning the little grill was a chore. I had bought the outdoor grill for my son and threw these in. Very pleased at the results and will now buy a big lot of them for the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars great product, but . . . ., February 15, 2009
Melissa BL Norwood (Oakland, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Foreman GFSP3 Sponges, 3-Pack (Kitchen)
I love the George Foreman Grill, but you really need these cleaning sponges to clean it effectively, especially if you have the kind without the removable grill plates. If I could I wouldn't buy the grill I have. The plates are not removable and I have to keep getting more sponges, since they only last maybe 2 months (with usage varying from daily to twice a week in our house). There are 3 to a package, but I haven't found them in stores where I live, only online. You can use them for a longer time than 2 months, but you really begin to lose the rough black side with extended use. I like the shape: they were made for the Foreman grills, so they are shaped on both sides for the base plate of the grill, so that the sponge is contacting the grill surface with the same pressure at all times when being drawn along the line of the grill peaks, instead of putting excessive pressure on the peaks and less on the valleys like you would with a flat sponge. For that reason I haven't tried other sponges on the grill for fear of damaging the non stick coating of the grill with excessive pressure. Even with these sponges, we are starting to lose the coating on the tips of the bottom grill plate. Get the grill with removable plates that you can put through the dishwasher and a package of these sponges for the tough cleaning, and you should be good for some time. Don't get the grill with the non-removable plates, or you'll be buying these sponges all the time.

George Foreman GFSP3 Sponges, 3-Pack