5.0 out of 5 stars The best new kitchen appliance since the microwave!
Published on July 11, 2000 by KC

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, but not much different from a frying pan...
When I first got this, I used it a lot. As I used it more and the novelty wore off, it got tiring to use. It is much more difficult to clean than it is made out to be, despite the non-stick interior. This is because of the grooves and everything settles into them. The plastic cleaning spatula is a joke.
The notion that it is healthy is absurd. Consumer reports...
Published on May 7, 2001 by Larry F. Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars The best new kitchen appliance since the microwave!, July 11, 2000
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
Finally, a product that lives up to all its hype and doesn't end up wasting precious kitchen space like the food processors, bread machines, etc. we have bought in the past but all too often turn out to be too much of a pain to clean and assemble. I've had mine for over a year now...we live in an apartment where kitchen space is at a premium. On hot days, if I turn on the oven or stove, it heats the whole kitchen and half our place up. To top it off, I'm a vegetarian -- hubby is not. The George Foreman Champ grill is terrific -- I buy those extra-lean premade frozen hamburger patties at Safeway, and even Jim (whose specialty is cereal with milk) can get motivated enough to plug the grill in, heat it up and toss a patty, or an Italian sausage, boneless chicken breast, etc. for a quick lunch, dinner or snack. Best of all, no splatter of grease like you would get using a skillet - the grease just runs off! Besides cooking for hubby, I have also used it to make super GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES, and Gardenburgers come out great. And that non-stick surface is great -- so easy to clean! I just can't say enough good things about the George Foreman Grill. I've recommended it to countless people and even bought several for presents (my sister and brother-in-law bought about 15 of them last Christmas for relative presents!). So buy it already! It's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product at Low Price, May 2, 2000
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
The george foreman grill cooks the meat crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Just don't stick a sauce with too much sugar on your meat otherwise you will get burnt meat. The fat really does run away from the food. You will see this and think how nasty it was that you were eating all this extra fat before. Eat healthy. It cooks sausage, fish, chicken, and steak beautifully.
Clean up is not as easy as they make it seem, but it is bearable. Just clean carefully with soapy water then rinse with warm water. The grill is sloped down so the water runs off easily.
I have a medium size one with the bun warmer, but that one was made by Salton specially fom sears. My mom has this one and she loves hers. Buy this and you won't be disapointed. Just looking at the grill is making me hungry. They are coming out with a line of outdoor bbq grills in June 2000, can't wait until those come out!

5.0 out of 5 stars The George Foreman Grill really does "cut the fat" from food, February 23, 2001
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
This is easily the best "As Seen On TV" product ever made (I'd like to see Ronco top this marvelous machine). As I am writing this review, I am eating boneless skinless chicken breasts that were made on the George Foreman "Champ" Grill". They are so good that words cannot describe how good they are...just sprinkle some "Mrs. Dash 'Table Blend'" on the chicken breasts before you cook them, put them on the grill, and have a great chicken dinner (only other thing you have to do is find something to go along with the chicken [maybe some white rice]). Cleanup is so easy it's ridiculous! The nonstick surface allows you to clean the grill surface with a soft clean cloth or sponge (dampened with warm water, of course), and the drip tray can go in the dishwasher. Just yesterday I prepared some turkey burgers (from Wampler Foods) on the grill, and it is amazing how much fat will be drained from turkey burgers (even though turkey meat has less fat that ground beef [which is what hamburger patties are made of], it still has fat). The George Foreman Grill really does "cut the fat" from food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Grill, October 17, 2003
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
It is a perfect size for a single person and for someone who doesn't have much counter space. I liked it so much I will be giving one to my niece for X-mas (she's in college). I made salmon and it grilled evenly, and in practically a split second. Also grilled link sausages. Love those little things but have always been apprehensive about the grease. The grease poured right into the little recepticle and am I glad that the links weren't swimming in it while being cooked. It IS big enough to grill a couple of burgers or steaks, so long as they are not humongous portions. Plenty big for a couple of servings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a joke, but now I LOVE it!, November 12, 2001
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
I bought the George Foreman grill as a joke for my husband (it DOES say "Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine" on it), but we used it for three weeks solid after it arrived. The reason? It's EASY, and the food turns out really tasty!
This particular model is big enough only for two hamburgers (if you make them to fit... pre-frozen patties are too big and have to be cooked one at a time). More often, you have to cook one portion of meat at a time. The grill is tilted and comes with a trough so that all excess fat is drained away from your food. Pretty nifty! It's also fairly easy to clean up -- you just wipe down the grill and throw the trough in the dishwasher.
We've used the grill for chicken breasts, Boca Burgers, regular burgers, pork chops, steaks, and even bacon strips (it's GREAT for avoiding a bunch of messy bacon grease). It cooks even frozen meat in a relatively short period of time, and it cooks it thoroughly. It's easy to throw something on the grill, sprinkle some seasonings on it (BAM!), and let it cook for a few minutes while you fix the rest of the meal. It is hard to overcook things, and it's fun to have grill-lines on your food.
It was hard for me to believe the hype about the George Foreman Grills, but they are easy to use and deliver good results. In fact, this might be a good way to introduce your older children (12 and up) to rudimentary cooking. The George Foreman grill would be great for people who don't have a lot of time to cook & clean, who aren't yet confident cooks or don't have a lot of cooking experience. This small model would work in a dorm suite, a bachelor pad, for newlyweds, or anyone who doesn't want to feed a crowd (although you could do it with this one, it would just take awhile).

4.0 out of 5 stars It really does work., October 25, 2002
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
This is one of the few TV-advertised bits of cookware that actually lives up to its reputation. It does burgers exceptionally well- I like the way it drains off excessive moisture- often a problem with hamburger meat- instead of allowing the burger to boil in it. It's especially useful for singles and students who like to buy bags of frozen patties for quick meals.
You can also do a bit of creative cooking with it, like grilling sliced vegetables brushed with olive oil and spices- try eggplants and meaty tomatoes. Marinated chicken breasts. How about shrimp? Yes, it works. Marinate shrimp in olive oil, parsely, breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper, toss them on the grill, close it and wait about a minute.
It's great for kids, too. You can let kids who are too young to work over an open flame or a hot burner cook thier own lunches oin the Forman grill with a lot less worry.
A surprisingly useful tool for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The american dream fits on my kitchen counter., April 28, 2000
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
One night I was staying up late with a friend watching made for TV commmercials and as a joke I said "That's the Americian Drean right there. You can now cook meat in a waffle iron." I said it as a joke of course because I have a hard time taking anything seriously that is sold on late-night TV when either the world is sound asleep and the only people still stirring are usually to stoned to make a logical decision about kitchen appliance purchases. Anyways, Christmas came around and guess what I got under the tree. You guessed it, The George Foreman grill. Needless to say I thought it was "funny" when I first got it. Really, what does an washed up old boxer know about inventing modern conveniences for the home. That's supposed to be Martha Stewart's thing.

So I pulled it out out of the box and turned it on. When it was heated up to the right temparature the little light went of and it was ready to go. I put in my slab o'marinated (mmmmmmm)meat and let the sucker sizzle away. All the juices ran off the meat into a little tray and when the meat was done it was perfect. I had a new best friend. All the little blackend grill lines were on the outside and what I had was a tender tasty piece of steak. I don't think there is a better way to conveniently cook a piece of meat. This is the perfect guy thing. It's quick, easy, and best of all, clean up is minimal. What else could a guy ask for. The only beef (sorry, couldn't resist) I've had with this is that there is only enough room to cook a pound or so at a time so when friends or a date come over to share in the goodness I have to do it in turns. For gatherin's and family suppers I'd recommend the bigger model.

There is a catch-22 with this though. It's supposed to be better for the ol' bod' to cook meat like this but it's so good and easy that I've been finding myself eating a lot more meat these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Juicy, well-cooked meats easy and fast!, March 24, 2001
Elizabeth M. Cole "kentuckyliz" (Pikeville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
I gave it four stars, just because there's fancier features available on other models (larger size, temp setting, bun warmer, outdoor stand, etc).
I was skeptical (as I am with any infomercial type product), but I really like my George Foreman grill. I live on my own in an apartment, and hated cooking meat because the air would get too greasy and the smell would hang for days. The George Foreman grill covers the meat and cooks it both sides at a time, and it is very quick--this keeps the air cleaner in my apartment, because not so much meat grease is being released into the air. I have had no trouble with the temperature or how the meat comes out. I have used it successfully and had juicy, properly cooked meats with the extra fat drained off. Clean-up is easy, I use a paper towel and then give a wipe with a dishtowel dipped in warm/soapy water and rinse with some clean water. Do not immerse, but you can do this sinkside because of the angled grill. The size of this unit is just right for one person.
I am eating more quality meats because of this grill--an improvement in my diet. My cat gets the drippings dish, so she likes this grill, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the ONE must have kitchen product, May 2, 2000
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
Simply the best kitchen product money can buy, especially if you fit in one of the following categories: 1) no outdoor grill, 2) college student, 3) bachelor, 4) health nut. The George has more versatility than a professional Chef...burgers, chicken, vegetables... Easy to clean - just wipe it right off with a sponge. & get this, if you're cooking a burger, you can throw a piece of cheese on at the end AND CLOSE THE GRILL...it won't stick to the top. Such a great product, buy one for all your friends. (PS - I don't work for the company, just a big fan).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 22, 2000
This review is from: George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill (Kitchen)
I've had my Foreman Champ for about a month now, and have abandoned my old habit of sticking frozen meals in the microwave (I'm not much of a cook). I've had more burgers since buying it than I'd had in the past ten years (home cooked ones, that is) because I hated the grease splatter with my skillet and could never seem to time the burger right. With this grill, all it takes is watching the grease that drips out. When it runs clear, the meat is done. I'm also crazy about cooked onions and green peppers -- both perfect when cooked on the grill. I tried other veggies but learned it isn't smart to marinate them first. The marinade cooked onto the grill and took some extra effort to clean off. But I disagree with others here who've said the grill is not easy to clean. The marinade was the only thing that made it difficult. After normal cooking, I just wipe the grill surfaces with damp paper towels till the towel still looks white after wiping. I've never had to use the scraper that comes with the grill (except with the marinade ... oh, and it was a sweet marinade, which I suspect is why it was hard to clean; you know how sugar is on a hot surface). This is the only kitchen appliance I've purchased that didn't end up stored on a shelf within a week or so. I keep it out on the counter top at all times because I use it so much. I also cook burgers for a neighbor who doesn't have a grill. She thinks they're wonderful. The only burger I didn't care for was made of meat that was way, way, way too lean. Zero grease ran out of it. I use ground chuck now, and that's great. If you cook harsh browns, spray a little oil on the surface first. And thanks to the reviewer who told how to make a cheeseburger. I hadn't figured out how to do that. However, I have made a variation on the traditional cheeseburger -- by putting pieces of cheese in the ground beef. I just work it in as I shape the patty, till it's buried inside. I've also put pieces of cheese right on the grill just to see what would happen. It made it flat and crisp and tasty. It did not make a mess (as I was expecting). As for what size grill to get: the Champ is good for one person, but I think it'd be better to go up to the the family size if you're cooking for two. The large one would be better for more than two, but you'd have to have a lot of counter space to leave it out all the time. Some store has a contract with Salton (the co. that makes the grill) to include a bun warmer on the grills they stock. I think it may be Sears.

George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill