Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 6, 2010
I've been waiting for George of the Jungle to come out on DVD for years now, and I'm very excited to see that it's finally here this year~and with GJ 2 to boot! This movie has been beloved by every child I've ever shown it to through all my years of nannying, and by adults too.
on July 8, 2015
The first movie is so incredibly cute that it's worth the price alone, but the second, OMG, it's SO bad...SO bad. (Everyone but Lyle & the Mother are different actors in number 2...probably your two LEAST favorite characters...haha) I went ahead and got this version though because I have a little boy who is currently a toddler and he just LOVES movies with talking animals. I am pretty sure that he will get much enjoyment out of both of these movies since he's not really a connoisseur of fine films yet. His favorite movie currently is
"Russell Madness" with a wrestling Jack Russell Terrier that has a monkey for a coach in the ring. It's awesomely ridiculous...but he adores it so much that I now love it too!
This is a really fun movie to cuddle up and watch together & George playing fetch with Shep the Elephant actually had my son laughing out loud!
review image
on December 19, 2011
I call this movie, "Jungle Slap Stick" comedy. The original "George" is better than "George of the Jungle, 2". Brenden Fraser is very good and you cannot help but be enticed by his facial expressions. "George, 2" had more animalistic behaviors which was a little too much. The actor who played George, characterized the original George very well, right down to the funny facial expressions. Good buy for one time viewing...I might watch it again on a snowy evening.
on April 19, 2012
The first movie was a 5 star for my kids and for me. The first movie was funny and great laughs for my kids. The second movie was a huge let down that is why the whole review was only 4 stars. My kids could barely make it through the second movie.
on September 19, 2010
George of the Jungle #1 is an entertaining movie that we'll watch several times a year. Life is too serious, we need to get away from reality and this movie is one of several that do that.

IMHO #2 needed the same casting as #1 to have even brought it close to being worth revisiting.
on December 30, 2015
The 5 star review is really for the quality and timely manner of which this product was received.

But if you're looking for the movie review itself, the sequel is full of bad acting and they overdid the cheesiness that made the original movie cute and funny. The ex-fiance, however, managed to deliver well. He was the only actor from the original cast.

Overall, my son loves both movies and I don't have to play it off my DVR anymore. Lol
on November 3, 2014
These are a family favorite and needed to get a DVD instead of vhs. It arrived in good condition. Good comedy. There are a very few cuss words (3-4) in George 1. I have not seen the 2nd one yet and it has been too long for me to remember about the language. There is no sex as I recall in 2, and none at all in one.
on August 8, 2014
The biggest problem is that the original film (with Brandon Fraser is still pan and scan. The second, not-so-great with new George film is widescreen. Why Disney has not released the original in a widescreen format is beyond me. Hopefully, some year, they will. But not right now.
on February 18, 2013
The first GOTJ is wonderful and funny, thanks to Brendan Fraser. The storyline was also great. Unfortunately, GOTJ #2 was not good. Disney should have stopped with the first one and not to have bothered with a sequel. The "new" George (not Brendan Fraser) was not funny at all and he seemed quite dopey. The actors and actresses didn't seem to have their hearts in #2 like the first one. Disney should have paid extra money to have B. Fraser to star in this one, or they should not have bothered at all.
on May 19, 2011
Our grandchildren had seen George of the Jungle 1 - so we bought both of the movies. It made a great gift and they have enjoyed watching them.