Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: George of the Jungle 2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on May 8, 2005
Lets face it, no one expects a cinamatic masterpiece with "George of the Jungle" either 1 0r 2. They are based on a dumb but funny cartoon. So those people who expect something terrific are handicaping themselves from having a good time. It is nothing more than a cartoon done with humans and some CGI. Face it, any film with a sarcastic narrator lets the audience know exactly what type of film they will be watching.

The cast is just fine. It doesn't matter that there are new actors for George and Ursala. They are both very good in the roles. Anyone expecting an Oscar winning performance needs serious therapy. Christopher Showerman gives life to the stilted dialogue and is a perfect George. To play it differently would be to deny the character. The dialogue is also a satiric take off on that of the Tarzan films - "You Jane - me Tarzan".

There are many "inside" jokes in the film. One very funny bit is that evil lion who wants to become King, is standing on a recreation of Pride Rock from "Lion King", the whole scene is a take off on that part of "Lion King". There are many other such items that make the film really fun for the adult with the ability to recognize them.

Not a "great" film, but certainly a fun 90 minutes.
on September 19, 2011
This has to be the worst movie I have ever seen. We all loved the first one, but hoped at least my children would enjoy this second one, and it was so pathetic, my little boy turned it off, and asked if he could put it in the trash! Sorry to be so gloom about it, but need to save someone their money.
on October 27, 2012
I remember watching the GOTJ cartoon on Cartoon Network back in the 90s, and seeing the 1st George of the Jungle movie when I was 2 years old at the movies, it was the first film I saw in a theater and I laughed my "coconuts" off and sang the theme song when my parents drove me home. After hearing that a sequel was in the works, I wasn't too enthusiastic and knew that it would be bad. The only good thing about this retched sequel was the opening animated cartoon opening, that's it! Like the title says, here's my pick of the top 10 worst sequels of all time:
1. George of the Jungle 2
7. Wayne's World 2
8. Shrek the 3rd
9. Stuart Little 3
10. Spider Man 3

Avoid this trash @ all costs, and just buy the original with Brendan Fraser. You'll LOL!
on January 21, 2004
My three year old got this for Christmas and loves it. Don't expect a cinematic masterpiece. It's kind of corny but it's a cute movie. Lots of talking animals, colorful scenery, action, one liners that 3yr olds will like to repeat... "Eat fur jungle boy". I agree with an earlier reviewer that Jr. doesn't get enough screen time. It took me a little while to get used to the new George, but I think he's just as good as the first one, and equally as hubba hubba.
on October 1, 2003
The first George of the Jungle was so silly, it was kind of cute and at times funny, helped by Brendan Frazer, this sequel, minus Frazer,is so silly it is actually unwatchable.
Any comedy whether silly or not should have an absolute minimum, to be funny, and George of the Jungle 2 is actually every word you can think of but the F word.
After 15 minutes of listening to the very annoying narrative talking about the old movie, the new movie, Disney etc...you want to give up watching movies altogether and watch CNN!!(this is how bad it is)
Even the delightfully charming and pretty Julie Benz could not save an awful direction and script.
If you like silly comedies,and want the F back in films then the market is full of well made and very funny examples, like Top Secret,Naked Gun, and the classic Carry On Up the Jungle (an all time favorite of mine), but trust me this film should be avoided at all costs!
on September 26, 2013
I was a little nervous with the fact that it's a Disney sequel, but one of my friends recommended it and I decided to at least watch it once. The computer graphics are not as good as the original GotJ, but it's still funny and a fun movie to watch with others.
on August 10, 2013
We had all of these movies both by VHS & DVD but when we moved to new place last year..they are all lost in somewhere of our gargage..it is a good, fun & cute movie for kids, they love them very much too. DVD ia Good condition! Thanks guys & have a good day!
on August 22, 2014
It was OK, but definitely a letdown after the original. We were all disappointed all the "stars" of the original movie except Thomas Haden Church were gone as replaced with no-name actors. Not that that is necessarily bad, it is just that they didn't have the charm or comedic timing as the original actors. Also, the script wasn't as good as it just wasn't as funny or cute as the original movie.
on December 15, 2012
Ok, everyne agrees that it was stupid and silly - but who cares? This is a movie to watch just for the fun of it and have a few good laughs when trying to relax. I enjoyed it just as much as the first "George of the Jungle" and actually felt my headache go away after a bad afternoon of argueing about computer problems with some friends. The new cast is just as good as the old one and just as funny. I was surprised to actually see Angus T. Jones from "Two and a Half Men" play George's son, he did a fine job. I didn't mind the narration at all - it added to the comedy and that is what the movie is all about - comedy. And Disney always knows how to present it. No, these kind of movies are not Oscar winners but once again - who cares? I know I don't. If you feel the same way I do - buy it. I bought both "George 1 & 2" together for under $12 on Amazon (cheaper than going to the movies), and each movie is on its own disc, not two-sided like some. Very enjoyable!
on April 24, 2015
Great movie, much better than the first one! Chris Showermen did a much better job playing George than Brendan Fraser I thought. I found this movie to be more hilarious, too! Anyone who loved the first movie will love this too!