5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Stellas!!!!

Published on March 5, 2009 by Dinah Moore

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his others...
This is the first George Stella cookbook I've purchased (and it was a *deal* I must say!) but I have yet to make any of the recipes. None of them jump out at me and I do not like the format (way too busy with too many tips, comments, etc). His first two cookbooks are wonderful and many of those early recipes are keepers in our family.
Published on November 20, 2010 by Annova

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Stellas!!!!, March 5, 2009
This review is from: George Stella's Good Carb Family Cookbook (Perfect Paperback)
George Stella's Good Carb Family Cookbook

I have been an avid fan of George's for over 5 years. With his help I started loosing weight in May of 2003, and have successfully kept off 90 pounds! And during this whole time, I've had FUN in the kitchen, learning to cook once and eat several times, shop the outer aisles of the supermarket for fresh and colorful foods, and make delicious and appealing foods my whole family loves.

BUT, this new cookbook really knocked my socks off!!! The full color vibrant delicious looking pictures, the larger type setting, the cute illustrations on every page, the KILLER recipes!!!! What more can I say. And all the ingredients are pantry friendly, and easy to find in any grocery store. There is also a list of substitutions on every recipe. Instead of Soy Flour, use Almond Flour (recipe in the book and it takes like 2 minutes to make!) Instead of Soy Milk, use half and half or heavy cream.... Also lots of hints to make things lower in Fat, in case you are watching that... He also tells you on every recipe what sort of "special equipment" you need, as in a 10 inch frying pan, or a 9 x 12 baking dish...

The only thing that could make these recipes any easier is if George and Rachel were in the kitchen doing the cooking! What's not to love about Stuffed Meatloaf Minis, Steak Diane (George I think you misspelled that, shouldn't it be Dinah??? LOL) Twice baked Candied Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli Polonaise, Apple Walnut Pancakes, Lemon Poppy Ginger Dressing.... I could go on and on!!

All I have to say, is buy this cookbook, and you will NOT be disappointed!

Keep up the good work George & Family!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars George Stella is Stellar!!, March 10, 2009
I have George's other books - "Eating Stella Style" & "Livin' Low Carb" and I have used them both so much, my pages are bent and ear marked to no end. So I was so elated to see that he had a new book! I ordered it with no hesitation! Now I don't know what I can say that others have not already said about a low carb cookbook, but to anyone reading this...

The reason I personally love George's books is because his recipes contain easily obtainable, inexpensive ingredients that are family friendly and practical for every day living. I can sit down, plan a menu and get all my ingredients in my little suburbian supermarket and have delicious low-carb meals every night. George also makes sure that his books have color pictures of the foods as well as all the nutritional information and prep time for each meal (other low-carb books have skipped these...why?)

For those of you who like to know what recipes you might find in a low-carb cookbook: "Southwestern Chicken Taco Stew", "Kansas City Dry Rub Ribs", "Cheese Pizza" and "Macadamia Bark" are just a few.

I really think anyone who orders this or any of his other books will be very pleased and happy with the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another WINNER for George Stella!, April 1, 2009
Kamahinaohoku "jswier12" (bergenfield, nj United States) - See all my reviews
With the help of George's 2 other cookbooks, I lost 62 pounds and my husband lost over 30. Now this new one is a winner as well. The chicken cacciatore is excellent and the dry rubbed Kansas City ribs are "to die for". 2 wonderful recipes in 2 days...outstanding.

George's take on fresh foods makes the difference. When people come to visit our home for dinner, they're eating low-carb, and no one ever notices. They just comment on how good the food is! No wonder we love it so much. Think Low-Carb isn't for you? Try George's food and be amazed, AND lose weight. Thanks George!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome offering by George Stella!, March 13, 2009
Like the previous reviewers, I also own George's previous cookbooks....and I LOVE them. My using the advice and recipes, I lost 40 lbs and am still going.

This isn't no-carb -- it is low-carb. These recipes are healthy and well balanced. If you love good tasting food - regardless of carb content - this is the book for you. I often serve this food to my friends -- they never realize it is actually good for you :)

This new book is awesome with the photos and layout. I haven't had the chance to actually cook any of them yet but look forward to a weekend of trying new things!

5.0 out of 5 stars WAS A SUGAR ADDICT---, December 11, 2010
I was so addicted to SUGAR and processed foods, therefore I found myself at
215 lbs. YIKES! I decided to give up white flour and sugar but I didn't want
to give up on good food. I love his waffles and pumpkin muffins - he uses almond and soy flour and the end result is great. I've lost weight and feel great, no more heartburn. Thank you GEORGE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, April 1, 2010
I can't say enough about this book! There are no obscure ingredients like other low-carb cookbooks. Everything can be found at a regular grocery store. The only piece of kitchen equipment you will need that you might not already have is a food processor. You'll need that to grind the almonds to make the almond flour, which by the way, is the main component for the pound cake, which is delish!!! From the Crab Stuffed Shrimp, all the way to the Ham Mock Mac & Cheese (which is a personal favorite) this cookbook delivers satisfying dishes that are easy to prepare and full of flavor! Don't pass on this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars High Five to George!, August 30, 2010
After purchasing George's book on 4th of July I went as quickly as my pudgy body would take me to the book store to get this book of his.

Readers you should know that George's recipies have me loosing weight quickly and easily. I have never been so full and thin in my whole life!

If you are trying to loose weight and are on the fence about how to do it... GET THIS BOOK! It will change your life and your waist size as it did mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU!, January 24, 2010
I found George's books to be such a relief! His recipes are very gourmet tasting without a lot of gourmet effort. He's made my low carb plan much easier with tasty, easy recipes. The spices and flavorings are almost always JUST RIGHT. I like how the books are written, the layout, the photos. The nutritional breakdowns are very easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, May 13, 2009
Nobody does it better than George Stella. He can take easy to find ingredients and make a masterpiece from them. Low carb is the only diet that works for me and my husband and he has made it a real joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!, May 27, 2010
If all cookbooks were organized like this one what a great world it would be!
Cheesecake! I can have cheesecake? Heavenly! Thank you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

George Stella's Good Carb Family Cookbook
George Stella's Good Carb Family Cookbook by George Stella (Perfect Paperback - February 17, 2009)
Used & New from: $21.96