Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on April 8, 1998
I bought this book solely for the photographs, which I hoped would inspire me in plating food. However, I discovered that, beautiful as the food is, the recipes are the best part of this book. They are all elegant, delicious, contemporary but classically-based French dishes that are moderately complex but not beyond the ability of a skilled home cook. In addition, Chef Perrier's preface, in which he describes his background and cooking philosophy, is nearly as good as Andre Soltner's (in "The Lutece Cookbook"). If you enjoy cooking French food, I enthusiastically recommend this book. By the way...his mussel juice is a great alternative to fish stock; give it a try.
on December 10, 2007
This is one of the best cookbooks I own. I have often dined at Le Bec Fin and there is simply no comparison in Philadelphia. As far as the cookbook, I routinely prepare the Poached Turkey recipe (always to raving reviews), the Scalloped Potato recipe and the Lobster Bisque recipe for holiday dinners. The Lobster bisque is absolutely fantastic and the best I have ever tasted and it came from my very own kitchen. Tres bien!!

Over the years, I have made many of the recipes and, even though they can be somewhat complicated sometimes, the results are just superior. This is truly a special cookbook. I own at least 75 other cookbooks and this is one of my favorites that I go back to year-after-year.
on December 19, 1999
It has been my pleasure to dine at Le Bec-Fin. And the book is no less a pleasure, even if you don't want to cook. The recipes are easy to follow and the "asides" are very helpful.
M. Perrier knows his audience.
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2009
A lot of these star chef with brilliant restaurant cookbooks fall flat when you actually try to cook, at home, from them. This one is a success though. Clear recipes with good cooking instructions and ideas dominate the book. The organization is clear. The photography is both helpful and enticing.
on December 21, 2014
I was so proud of Georges when he was in Philadelphia, and followed his career. I love this book! Since I now live on the west coast it is so comforting and wonderful to see the photos, read all about him, not to mention those superb recipes and photos! In spite of it's sophistication, it is still a user friendly book. Tells us how to make Demi-Glace for the Fillet of Beef recipe BUT also tells us where to order it if we don't have time to make it - takes at least 12 hours. I have such respect for him!! We had our own 5 star Restaurant in Philadelphia. BRAVO Georges for all you have done!
on August 26, 1998
The author uses fine words to come out with excellent explanation. That makes it easy for readers to understand and follow the cooking steps. The book also contains gorgeous pictures of wonderful recipes. This stimulates readers to follow them and it is hard to put it down. We could say that this book is absolutely excellent. And it can stimulate our inspiration in French cooking!!!
on January 7, 2014
She used to spend a lot of time in Philadelphia while my nephew was in medical school. Natalie knew about the stellar reputation of Le Bec Fin (especially in the earlier days). She was so happy to get this cookbook and is eager to try out the recipes.
on April 5, 2014
I found the book well written and elegant in the way Georges' family setting is portrayed.
I ate at the Bec Fin many times and I personally know Georges and some members of
his family therefore I can attest that the book story is totally authentic.
A book to keep for yourself or to offer to your friends lovers of haute cuisine Française.
on February 15, 2014
Dear Georges, I recently purchased Le Bec-Fin Recipes and my husband and I are enjoying ourselves immensely. For lunch today I made your Belgian Endive salad with Hazelnut oil, walnuts and gruyere cheese. Hands down, one of the best salads we've ever had. I couldn't find Hazelnut oil, so I substituted Walnut oil, and it was terrific. Thank you for the book and best wishes in your retirement. Diane Collins, Rehoboth Beach, DE
on March 3, 2001
This is food for classy entertaining. If you can be bothered, which you should, the recipes are quite complex and time-consuming, but well within the scope of the keen home cook. And will they ever impress your guests!