5.0 out of 5 stars Make your feet smile!
Published on June 23, 2006 by Ronald L. Russell

i think these boots are fine for indoors, factory floors that are smooth and maintained at room temperature.

i mistakenly got these for NYC's winter streets. i've consistently slipped but regained my balance everytime i've been out in these boots.
Published 4 months ago by John Chen

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your feet smile!, June 23, 2006
I've worn numerous shoes and boots with wedge soles from various makers in the past and found them to be very comfortable. I ordered my Georgia boots on June 11, and they were delivered on June 16. The first thing I noticed upon opening the box was the color, a warm "honey brown" which looks quite attractive with jeans and with khakis. The leather feels impressively thick and supple to the touch. Yay SPR!

Further examination revealed fabric lining inside around the toe and instep, and a padded insole and padded tongue, both covered with breathable moisture-absorbing material. The portion surrounding the ankle is unlined. A nylon pull strap is firmly attached behind the ankle. The wedge sole is of a neutral khaki color, and has the words "Georgia Boot" and "Oil Resistant" molded on the bottom, along with a shallow chevron tread pattern. Although soft, the sole appears intended to wear a long time, with a generous 5/8" thickness under the ball of the foot, increasing to slightly over 1" under the heel. If the soles ever do wear out, they are replaceable by any competent cobbler.

The laces are quite thick, and woven with alternating dark brown and light brown bands, reminding me of an attractive pattern seen on some snakes. They thread through four sets of brass eyelets, and one set of brass "speed hooks".

Trying the boots on gives a very good first impression of comfort. I can't remember the last time any shoe or boot felt this good "out of the box". The fit is good around the arch and heel, and roomy up front, with space to wiggle ones toes. They fit well with hiking socks, such as Thorlo, SmartWool, or Wigwam.

I immediately went outside and mowed a large portion of my back yard, taking about an hour. I proceeded to wear the boots until retiring for bed. Over the next two days, I wore them all day while running errands, mowing the rest of the yard, working on the car in the driveway, and other tasks. No pinching, chafing or discomfort of any kind was experienced. As Steve Martin used to say in one of his standup routines, "I've got.....HAPPY FEET!"

Walking on hard surfaces, the heel can be felt to compress a little, as well as the insole, absorbing almost all shock which might otherwise reach the foot. In addition to no shock, there is almost no sound generated by the action of walking. One just strolls along in almost total silence. Perhaps these would be a good choice for a private investigator engaged in stealthy surveillance?

I think Georgia could sell a great many more of these if they offered them in additional colors, perhaps a darker brown, and/or black, and market them as an "urban" boot, rather than only a farm and ranch workboot. Overall, their styling is very similar to the 6" Dr. Martens 0939, both having a similar texture on the leather and cushy outer soles which absorb shock.

I am also a former Dr. Martens owner, and wore the same pair of D.M.s for several years. While not intending to "bash" Dr. Martens, I will say that I find the Georgia boot to offer superior comfort. Some advantages which I feel the Georgia boot offers over the D.M. include:

1) Georgia boot SPR leather is softer to start with, no break in required.

2) Georgia boot has padded insole, D.M doesn't (in styles 1460 and 0939).

3) Georgia boot fits better according to marked sizes, and is available in half-sizes, D.M. isn't. If you need a half-size in a Doc, you must buy the next full size larger, and then purchase an insole or wear extra-thick socks, or even two pairs of socks (actual recommendations by a clerk in a Doc Marten-only shoe store in Oak Park, Illinois).

4) Georgia boot is resoleable locally, D.M. isn't.

In sum, the Georgia 6" SPR boot offers excellent quality workmanship, a high standard of comfort, and, in my opinion, good looks. While sold primarily as a work boot, they are also great for casual wear with jeans or khakis. They COULD be the only boots you need to own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable boot ever, September 18, 2010
This review is from: Georgia Boot Men's 6" Wedge Work Boot (Apparel)
I've worn this boot every work day for the past three years. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever had. They have lasted very well and are still going strong. Besides the comfort, I like the fact that the tread is shallow so they don't track mud in my truck or house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots I've ever owned., February 17, 2013
LJ (Ithaca,NY,USA) - See all my reviews
These boots were ready to ware right out of the box. Leather is as soft as butter with no break in required. Sizing is right on. The only con maybe that there is a little lateral slide on snow, but not bad. I would buy these boot again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as promised., March 10, 2014
Very comfortable.

I'm 6'3" and 290lbs and this boot required no break in.

Leather is so soft and pliable I am kind of worried that they will last very long.

Buttery soft is a good description.

After wearing boots my whole life these are the softest, most comfortable boots I've ever had.

As comfortable as they are I will buy them yearly if necessary.

3.0 out of 5 stars live and learn. these are NOT for NYC's iced-over sidewalks, and unplowed street..., February 13, 2014

i am only posting this review today, because on the way home, i slipped onto my back, landed on my dslr camera and cracked the zoom lens in two with the impact of my fall.

looking more critically at these boots tread pattern, i have to say they will not give you any traction on ice, or slush or slippery frozen sidewalks and streets. reconsider, for your safety, buying these for iced-over sidewalks and/or unplowed streets, and/or rock-hard mounds of plowed snow-turned-ice. be safe. i just ordered my old reliable timberland again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd pair of this boot, September 22, 2013
This is my third pair of this Georgia Boot. Love the comfort, require very little break in period. These are the only shoes I would buy online without trying on

5.0 out of 5 stars great boots, March 5, 2013
jason Wood (san diego, ca usa) - See all my reviews
boots feel and look great very comfortable and no need to break in. this is my 4th or 5th pair and they hold up very well

5.0 out of 5 stars work boots, December 10, 2012
I bought these for my husband. They work really well. All boots are going to wear out, but these seem to last a little longer than some of the others. He says they are more comfortable too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Boots, November 8, 2012
I bought these boots for my husband. He had previously owned a pair of Georgia Boots that he really like which were purchased from a local store. I am always a little ambivelent to buy on line but all Georgia Boots seem to run the same in size so I took my chance. The boots arrived on time (which is why I love using Amazon) and they were a perfect fit. They are good looking, well made and comfortable. There was absolutely no break-in time, no sore feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Georgia 6" boot, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Georgia Boot Men's 6" Wedge Work Boot (Apparel)
Just got my first pair ever of any shoes ordered on line. The Georgia 6" wedge boot. I fully expected to be on the way to the post office to return them for any number of reasons.
What a shock! I have $250 Ecco boots that I figured nobody could match. Boy was I wrong. These Georgia's came out of the box and felt like I'd been wearing them for a year. I mean it was like putting on the most comfortable slipper I've ever worn.The leather treatment Georgia uses is unlike any other boots I own. They're butter soft. I don't want to wreck them at work - they're too nice. Think I'll buy a second pair.

Rate and Discover Movies