Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gerber 07572 Fisherman - Multi-Plier 600
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 31, 2002
For fisherman, this is a great multi-tool that does almost everything you need except tie on your tackle. The best feature is the ability to open the pliers with one hand. That comes in very handy when you have a rod or a fish in the other hand. The wire cutters went through fireline very well, and the scissors handle every other type of line. The file and knife blade came out easily and locked into place so you don't have the issue of it folding back on it's self. Not to mention it's a very sharp blade! The only down side was using the split ring spreader was a little awkward it's pretty far back on the tool. One piece of advice, USE THE LANYARD. My first one of these is at the bottom of a lake.
on September 9, 2003
I was an Aerovac Medic for the US Air Force. I carried my Gerber with me as basic equipment. You don't have to peal open this tool, like a Leatherman. All you have to do is place it between your thumb and fore finger, flick your wrist, the pliars thrust out, and lock into place. It's great for one handed use. I used it many emergency situations. Great for cutting parachute cord, fixing medical equipment, cutting bandages, and eating MRE's. Fantastic Multi-use tool.
on June 27, 2003
The quality and design oriented toward the purpose of use during fishing is impeccable. Other Multi-tools may be good but this couldn't be any better. I fish all the time and this tool will be going with me. I have no aspect of this tool that I am not in approval of and I particularly like that the carbide/cobalt cutters can be replaced.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 24, 2007
First, let me say that I fish only in saltwater. Consequently, most fishing tools do two things, rust, or corrode. This Gerber has done neither. Very impressive, especially since I left it in the boat for a week. No corrosion, no rust. Finally someone has learned to make a quality tool that all of us can afford.

The build quality is first rate. Yes, it's a bit "stiff" when you first start using it. But you don't want a tool that opens too easy when your hands are covered in fish or bait slime.

I've used or tried every tool. They all work flawlessly. It's true, some are a little harder to use than others. But having every tool you need, in one hand, is a godsend while fishing.

The case is sturdy and can be washed. The lanyard is a NECESSARY item which is included. One end of the lanyard clips to the tool, the other end clips to your belt loop.

You can't go wrong with this Gerber fisherman's multi-tool.
review image review image review image
on January 15, 2007
My husband attests that the pliers are a must have for every serious fisherman!

This is a handy, multipurpose tool, very well made.
on January 9, 2007
I own both, a Gerber and a Leatherman. The Leatherman is sturdier, but you need two hands to open it. The Gerber on the otherhand has some nice features, like being able to open it with one hand and a carbide cutter. Neither one has spring-loaded pliers, which would be a good feature for delicate work, like excising a hook from a fish's mouth without killing it. Also, the Gerber Fisherman has long-nose pliers on it. So, the bottom line is, for fishing, the Gerber wins out by a little. The reasons: long-nose pliers, ability to open with one hand. The sturdiness of the Leatherman Series probably make it a better choice for a general purpose tool. Of course, this is all my humble opinion.
on January 9, 2007
I gave this tool as a gift, and noticed that it did not have the ease of operation in the one handed function I have experienced on similiar tools.