|Item Weight||15.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 6.5 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||31-000082|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Warranty Description||Limited lifetime warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Gerber 31-000082 Gator Machete Junior with Sheath
|Price:||$16.62 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$10.72 (39%)|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) Tang does not extend through the handle. It is fastened by two bolts/nuts at the top of the handle.
2) The handle has poor craftsmanship where the cuts were made for the bolts and nuts, though it is VERY comfortable in the hand (this is one of the tool's bright spots, in fact. Ergonomically it can't be beaten).
3) The sheath is not bad. In fact, it's even good. The hook and loop fastener strap fits the handle great. But there is ONE issue. The belt loop is positioned so that the blade of the machete sticks straight out when it's on your side, so that it's not in line with the profile of your leg, but the back edge of the blade (the saw) slaps into your leg as you walk. Why would the loop be placed here? This severely damages my opinion of an otherwise good sheath. I mean it's not really practical to carry it on your belt, which is one of the main reasons for the sheath.
4) The steel is unacceptable. It came dull, was a bear to sharpen and doesn't hold an edge worth a flip. And it came with a Godawful sticker on the blade that left a residue when I peeled it off. Applying mineral spirits to remove the adhesive resulted in dulling the black finish, which is not much more than spray-on.
5) The saw is serviceable, even better than expected given the cheap quality of the knife.
6) On the plus side, it looks badass, but looks are deceiving.
Spend a few dollars more and get a better tool. This one falls short of my expectations, though I shouldn't have let my affinity for the name brand override the fact that this is a $20 implement with a Gerber stamp on it. You do get what you pay for in this case.
I expected the dull edge from other reviews but I still had hopes that Gerber had fixed this problem. Otherwise the blade and handle seem to be good quality. Blade attaches with 2 bolts through the forward part of the handle, sheath also seems good quality, but will have to see how much effort it takes to put a good edge on and how the sheath holds up with use.
There is a warning sticker on one side of the blade. I peeled it off one of the matchetes, tried using rubbing alchole to remove the residue, then gently scraping it off. Doing both seemed to remove most of the glue but dulled the factory finish. Will leave the sticker on the other one and see what happens after being used.
Not shown, there is a lanyard also. It goes through the hole at the end of the handle and is looped BACK OVER the handle. It is there to keep your hand from sliding forward onto the blade during use. Seems to make sense but will see how it actually works when using the matchete.
I recommend this machete to anyone who wants a light, handy machete that won't break the bank and fits nicely in or on a medium sized backpack. The saw back is an awesome feature too.
It is sized right and the sheath will not chaf your knee when walking. This one stacks up beside anything the military has to offer. A winner for sure and a good price also.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have 5 acres and there always black berry bush and other brush that I need to hack off to keep it from over taking my property. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Charles DeVeny
1. The pictured machete is included in a recall along with its big brother due to the handle having almost no guard and alot of laceration wounds requiring stitches have been... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Devil
It's really nice but after I pulled of the sticker on the blade it left this stick spot that won't go away. But besides that it works really good for the price.Published 6 months ago by Owen
Decent small Machete. If they had run the tang all the way through the handle I would have been happier. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Brad Hobbs
Bought this a week ago. Blade bent in 2 places after cutting tree branches an inch thick. Very disappointed with Gerber on this one.Published 16 months ago by itsjustmeat
This is what my husband wanted for a Christmas gift - so he likes it... Of course, he has not used it yet!Published on February 4, 2014 by Amy Osborn