|Part Number||G0581_Taille XL|
|Item Weight||7.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.1 x 5.2 x 0.1 inches|
|Item model number||31-000581|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Gerber Answer FAST XL Knife, Serrated Edge, Tanto [31-000581]
|Price:||$50.54 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$59.46 (54%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Rugged and reliable design in all our products
- Can be used in various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and outdoor situations
- All products are field tested
- F.A.S.T. (forward action spring technology)
- Textured inlay, for secure grip in all conditions
- Black anodized aluminum handle, lightweight and discreet
- Partially serrated tanto point tactical blade
- Open length 9.3-Inch, blade length 4.0-Inch and closed length 5.5-Inch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The first thing I noticed is that the blade was loose when drawn, unfortunately, this meant the blade would wiggle around during use. This is a huge contrast from the FAST draw serrated knife, which were both extremely tight upon opening.
Whipping out a torx screwdriver set soon fixed the problem, however, within 4-5 weeks, very minimal use, the thumbstud had popped out and was lost some time during a camping trip. Then it loosened up again.
Gerber knives have always exceeded my standards, I'm sad to say that this was a far cry from their normal worksmanship, however, I will say that the FAST draw serrated knife (stainless steel) that I received was well made, and thus far have had no issues.
By the time the issues were apparent, I attempted to return the item, but I was outside of the 30 day return policy. If Gerber would send a replacement knife, I would be happy to update the item's rating, as long as the replacement was of the standard Gerber Quality.
1. Overall good quality materials are used in the construction of the knife. Design is great too, its is not overly bulky.
2. Belt clip works well for me just be careful when clipping to anything other then the belt or jeans. The knife is heavy and will slide out of your pocket if the pocket compartment of your garment is slightly inverted (while driving).
3. Handle is very well designed to provide grip in wet conditions. (Rubbery inserts do help.)
4. Finally, good size blade for a folder. Blade is sharp out of the box, made of good steal. Fairly durable coating helps to prevent rust and conceal the true nature of the object in your hand:) I haven't experienced issues with wobbly blade as reported in some of the reviews here. Mine was and still is tight. FAST works well for me, flawless in execution every time. That said, I do take care of it and I do not use it for an axe.
Cons: I really can't think of any.
Bottom line: There are better knifes out there that is certain. But for the price, I am convinced that this is the best bargain out there if you are looking for an everyday driver.
But then one day I needed a hammer and there wasn't one around, so I used the flat part of my folder as a hammer... This wasn't so good as I think I broke some of the screws that hold the two halves of the handle together. And here is why I say Gerber is awesome. I sent Gerber a warranty claim, detailing my problem and even admitting that I had abused the knife. They were so kind as to send me a brand new replacement for free. I was afraid Gerber would ask me to pay for the repairs on my abused knife, but they really went above and beyond and provided me with a complimentary brand new knife. Gone are all the scratches and use marks of my old knife, and now I have a pristine new knife to cherish... and not hammer with. Gerber has gained a life long customer in me. I already liked the Gerber's knives that I have owned, but I knew nothing about their awesome customer service.
I gave this knife five stars really because of the customer service. Otherwise it probably would have been a four star rating because of the issues with the thumb studs.
Good knife, great company. Thanks Gerber!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
About to order my second gerber xl tanto. The first one last me almost exactly 3 years. Used almost every single day.Published 15 days ago by Sean
Im giving it a 2 just because of the weak opening assist. Other than that, it's a typical Gerber.Published 1 month ago by erik
My husband is a firefighter and takes this on shift every day he works. Very durablePublished 1 month ago by Laura Prichinello
Bought my husband on for Christmas last year. 3 months later the tip broke. Amazon replaced the knive but it happened again a few months later. Not worth the money! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
worst knife ever. Bulky. Spring Loaded!? no chance. Assisted opening is slow/hard to open.
buy the cheaper gerber knives. theyre better....for some reason
Decent knife don't really care for the blade locking mechanism, would rather have a liner lockPublished 3 months ago by Bigguns951
It was a nice looking, sharp knife. However after minor use the tip of the blade broke off.Published 7 months ago by tim weyand