5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful thick underwear, terrible training pants
I love these for several reasons.

(1) They are thicker than regular underwear but not so thick you can't tell if she had an accident. I also got the Potty Patty training pants and they are so thick I can't tell unless she really soaks them.

Published on January 1, 2013 by sallyjrw

1.0 out of 5 stars Not better than regular underwear
Published on January 7, 2013 by rachael

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful thick underwear, terrible training pants, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
I love these for several reasons.

(2) They have an actual tag in the back. This helps teaching how to put them on correctly. Every day when I would help her put them on I would say, "The tag goes in the back." After awhile, she was able to tell me where the tag goes (but she still needed help putting them on.) Now, she knows how to put them on and as well as pants and shirts that have tags. Regular underwear that I've purchased all have the tag imprinted on the back. It can be hard for a 2 year old to find a tag if it's not sticking out. Also, the Potty Patty training pants have the tag on the side. It's hard enough to teach a 2 year old how to dress themselves without having the tag on the side.

(3) The size is accurate. I have Gerber pajamas and they seemed small when I compared to Carter's pajamas. But then I realized that Carter's just made big pajamas. When my daughter wore 18 month pants, she wore 18 month Gerber's underwear. Now that she wears 2T pants, she wears 2T underwear.

(4) They don't shrink. I bought a cheap package of 2T underwear at a thrift store (unopened). They shrunk!

(5) They don't have cartoon characters on them. When I first started potty training, my daughter didn't watch TV. It seemed like if I wanted to potty train her then I would have to pick cartoon characters that she didn't even know.

Really, the only reason someone might not like them because they are not true training pants in the sense of holding all the urine. But they really worked for us. I would've liked more color choices but I guess you can't have everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - not as large as people say, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
My daughter just turned 2, and she is the height and weight of a 3-year-old. Since reviews of these pants all say that they run very large, I thought she would fit into a 2T. She is wearing them, but they are snug, so I think these only run a half-size too large. It would have made more sense for me to get the 3t!

In only a couple weeks, my daughter is now potty trained, but every now and then she waits too long to go and leaks a little before she makes it to the potty. These undies save her pants about half of the time in that situation, so I imagine I will be ordering the 3t size soon and continue using them until she's better about getting to the potty in time.

These are worth the cost, so get them in a large enough size that your little one can wear them for several months!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect potty training item!, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
These are invaluable for potty training. They let kids get that wet feeling that pull-ups lack, but also keep them from completely soaking through to their clothes in many cases. Just the right thickness, soft and fit well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Absorbent, March 21, 2013
APSc (Easley, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
I bought these for my 2 1/2 year old daughter who is starting to show interest in potty training. This fit like a dream and are SO soft, and not bulky at all. Since we are just learning, I pair these with some waterproof covers for the inevitable accidents.

She's only had 2 accidents while wearing these training pants (1 small, one BIG), and both were really well contained. Just rinse off any nasties and throw in the washing machine. Good as new.

These are great for the beginning trainer. Get at LEAST 6 pairs. You'll need them

1.0 out of 5 stars Not better than regular underwear, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
We purchased these to use while potty training, instead of something like pull ups. I have an older pair of Gerber training underwear that were passed down to us from a friend that work great. When my daughter goes in them, it leaks right out onto floor, even if the volume is not that much. We also purchased some carter's brand which have worked much better. I would not recommend these unless you are planning to use just as underwear, not training pants.

4.0 out of 5 stars can't complain, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
I think these fit well and hold accidents better than regular panties. would recommend to any one who is potty training their kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars They look good and fit good!, August 19, 2013
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
The training pants are darker than they appear in this photo. The pink is more like fushia than baby pink.

1.0 out of 5 stars So far below expectations!!, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
These are a total waste of money. The padding is deceptive, they don't even stop a little dribble from seeping through. Also they fit very strangely. They are very tight in the legs and HUGE in the waist. They fall down off of my daughter's butt, yet are too tight around her legs.
These are definitely not worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
We're not using these regularly yet, but they're great quality & very soft. Would definitely recommend. Once we are potty trained, we'll buy more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for potty training. Could be a little more absorbant, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Gerber Baby-Girls Infant 2 Pack Training Pant (Apparel)
These are great for my daughter who is potty training. They do contain the minor leaks when she is telling me she has to go potty. I wish that it was a little more absorbent to help contain the larger accidents. Either way, these are much better then just Panties or Full Diapers. They have helped us move forward on the training, and she likes being able to say she is wearing big girl underwear, and not diapers.