|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.1 x 1.3 x 0.6 inches|
|Item model number||22-01769|
|Size||Pack of 1|
|Color||Stainless Steel - Titanium Coating|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||6|
|Warranty Description||Limited Warranty|
Gerber Shard Keychain Tool [22-01769]
|Price:||$5.19 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.71 (34%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight and airline safe
- Titanium nitride coating for corrosion resistance
- Perfect size with the basics to carry anywhere
- Includes: small and medium flat driver; Philips head driver
- Includes: wire stripper, pry bar, bottle opener, lanyard hole
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Gerber Shard Keychain Tool [22-01769]
True Utility TU247 KeyTool Multitool Set B007IOHPEU
Leatherman - Brewzer Keychain Bottle Opener B009NNBPYA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$2.04||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Weight||0.02 pounds||0.11 pounds||0.03 pounds||0.06 pounds|
|Dimensions||0 inches x 0 inches x 0 inches||0.79 inches x 1.96 inches x 0.12 inches||1 inches x 6 inches x 5 inches||3 inches x 2 inches x 1.25 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Don't let its size fool you, the Gerber Shard keychain tool is the perfect companion when you want just the basics. With a shape of its own, the Shard has seven useful functions: small flat driver, medium flat driver, cross driver, pry bar, wire stripper, lanyard hole, and bottle opener. It is light enough to carry on your keychain, but tough and durable enough for everyday use. The Shard is made of stainless steel with a titanium coating, and it measures 2.75 inches. It's backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Bottle opener = works well and looks more respectable on my keychain over the Coors Light one I had on there
2 & 3. Small and medium flat drivers = too wide for most screws that you might use
4. Philips screwdriver = works well with smaller head screws but not helpful on even medium sized screws
5. Wire stripper = not very effective as you have to be very careful so as not to rip the wire, much easier to use a normal wire stripper
6. Pry bar = very effective, I was able to open a can of paint with no problems
7. lanyard/keychain attachment hole (kind of a stretch calling this a use) = large lanyard hole which easily accommodates key chains or hooking to your pack
In terms of the 7 uses, I would say besides the bottle opener the pry bar is the only really other "useful tool. Overall though, if you're looking to replace your free Budweiser or Coors Light bottle opener on your keychain, then this is a great tool. You get a lot of "wow that's cool" factor.
This is not for everybody. It is a handy makeshift tool to have on hand, not a replacement for real tools. You can tear open a box, unscrew a couple screws , open a paint can, etc.
Here are the reasons to buy this in my opinion:
1) If you use the Shard on a key chain, you can stick your keys to a magnet, like a bucky cube. Much quicker to attach and retrieve than hanging on hooks.
2) Attach a magnet to the Shard while unscrewing Philips screws -- helps keep from dropping or losing screws as you remove them.
3) Bottle opener (with a magnet stuck to it) ... you can see a theme here right? Remove a bottle cap and instead of it rolling across the floor it sticks to the Shard.
4) There is no four ... just wanted to reiterate that I love magnets.
5) Prybar works. The philips screwdriver works pretty well as an awl to poke holes.
Reasons not to buy:
1) you wear nice clothing and carry this in your pocket it may tear or damage the cloth. You might be able to sand down the edges, but let's face it, this just isn't something you will carry around.
2) You don't want to support products that falsely claim to do things, such as strip wires.
3) You rarely find the need to pry things open
4) You dislike sharp edges and like refined designs
Overall a tough and useful tool to have around, but has design flaws. If you have need of what it does, it is a good buy.
...and I love it! The prying capability is great, and I think all three screwdriver tips are very useful. Now come on, you don't want to assemble a 74,000-piece Ikea bookcase with it but for what you'd use it for, it's awesome. I wrapped mine in a short piece of hollowed out paracord and it's going to be a long-time companion. My only gripe is the weight: While not heavy, it's not as light as I would prefer (about the weight of 2-3 standard keys). No worries- I just took off 2 keys I never use anyway.
Note to Gerber: Make this EXACT tool in titanium--no matter the cost (Atwood)--and you will have the PERFECT tool. Until then, 4.5 stars. Enjoy! (oh, and it's a complete bargain at <$10)
As far as the tools, I was able to re-assemble my gear shifter in my car one day when it decided to suddenly come apart. I've been able to open cans and bottles with ease, I've pried at crap and screwed in loose screws in the stalls at random public restrooms. I think people underestimate the tools included, but if they don't it's $6.00 and the size of a key!!! Also, the finish is great.
Useful, handy, great size, inexpensive, awesome
None at all
Overall, people need to stop expecting the world from products. Sometimes if you're spending a couple bucks for something, you might not be able to to climb a mountain with it. It's sure saved me in numerous cases and it fits on my keychain.
I've owned this little baby for over a year now, and since I've bought a couple more for myself and for various family members. I now know probably a dozen people that carry these on them on a daily basis and each of which has come insanely in handy. A quick update on the shard: the finish has worn amazingly, it has a very nice patina going and I love it. I've since tried a couple of other pocket multi-tools and none of them are built this stout. I have another one I carry that has a ruler on it, and that's seriously the most useful part, the bottle opener sucks and the screw-driver end is far too large. The Shard still has the spot in my mind for best pocket tool, and really the bottle opener is fantastic!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing! I wish the grip was a little more affirmative, but this is the closest to having your cake and eating it too. Strong, light weight, and early to use. Read morePublished 3 days ago by kayla & blake
Very handy tool, the points are a little sharp in your pocket at first, but aren't noticeable after the first week or so of carry. Read morePublished 5 days ago by John Doe
Nice tool and sturdy. Used it once so far as a flat head. Time will tell if I really use it or a novelty item.Published 6 days ago by CFDZ
they should work pretty good for emergency smaller than i thought but i should of known lol... 5stars anywaysPublished 6 days ago by William R.
It has come in handy of a number of occasions. You won't feel as though you have a full size tool for any of the jobs, but if it keeps me working in stead of searching for a... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Reagan K. Barry
Very handy in a pinch and it doesn't cause me any problems at TSA checkpoints.Published 8 days ago by Aaron M. Rocha
Not sure what I'll use this for but it looks useful! Cheaper that a beer at most restaurants so what the heck, give it a whirl.Published 9 days ago by QCDutch