Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: German: How to Speak and Write It (Beginners' Guides)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 12, 2015
Ich habe dieses Buch wirklich gut und interessant gefunden. Ausgezeichnet für eine tiefen Wortschatzüberprüfung mit den wichtigsten grammatischen Punkten. Von A bis Z dargestellt, voller Notizen und Beispiele. Ich habe alles, was ich hier brauchen gefunden. Obwohl ich keinen Wortschatz am Ende des Buches nicht gefunden habe, ist es ein großes Material. Ich will es sehr empfehlen!!

I have found this book really good and interesting. Excellent for a deep vocabulary review and the most important grammatical points. Illustrated from A to Z, full of notes , and examples. I have found all I need right here. Although I did not find a vocabulary at the end of the book, but anyway it is a great material. I totally recommend it!!
on August 24, 2008
This is a wonderful book for beginners and more advanced speakers. Everything is clearly explained, and grammar is taught along with great examples. I also love the pictures. This book makes me want to sit down and take the time to do a lesson every day! I highly recommend it, and the price is unbeatable!
on December 25, 2011
I like that it's simple and helps me learn German grammar. But I'm sitting at the breakfast table in Roetgen, Germany and my in-laws are going page by page laughing at how archaic it is in pictures and vocabulary, saying that I won't be able to converse with anyone but the German Shakespeare.
on September 26, 2015
This is among the very best introductions to the German language ever! I learned from it in the late 1970s. The illustrations and pictures are very anachronistic and a modernization of this book would make this excellent book even better. But even as is, the book is still a must have for the beginner in German.
on April 26, 2008
I purchased this book as a refresher course in German, and have found it both useful and charming. The organization of the book is very logical, the artwork is charming, and all in all, it is a bit like an actual visit to Germany. Well worth the money.
on March 13, 2014
This book is a gem. It covers all the typical situations you would need to deal with while travelling, as well as teaching the reader grammar and pronunciation at the same time. The book is based on an old edition and this gives it great charm, as well as clarity. I find that more modern language books often avoid the academic and more traditional way of teaching language, which makes learning slower and more difficult. This wonderful book will have you being able to speak and write in German from the very first lesson. Highly recommended.
on February 12, 2009
I especially like the method of learning the language taught in this book. Pronunciation and context are taught in complete sentences right away. Much easier to learn this way.
on August 24, 2006
I am studying German as a mature adult student. I am finding Joseph Rosenberg's book invaluable. It is simple and easy to follow with what are now fun illustrations which remind one of yesteryear. I am finding that in class I am gaining much more confidence.
on September 25, 2008
I just received Joseph Rosenberg's, "GERMAN: How To Speak and Write It." It is an informal conversational text of Self-Study.

The book's format is extremely well engineered, and cleverly formatted so that even someone of my age can make sense out of what is trying to be conveyed to the reader. Unlike other books, I don't know if, I will ever really "finish" this one because of it's specific purpose, that of... constant learning. However, I would higly recommend this book to anyone who even has an inkling of interest in learning a foreign language, specifically, German. This is a very good book for an excellant price!

The only thing missing in this book is it's ability in..."giving the reader Time to use it"!
on May 10, 2005
This is a very good book. It's much better than most modern books. The drawings add to its appeal. I highly recommend it to anyone learning German.