5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool and an absolute bargain.
This is a set of flash cards that roughly corresponds to the 1000 most commonly used words in the German language. They're great. They're the perfect size, small enough to carry a bunch comfortably in your pocket, but not so small that they're difficult to manipulate in your hand. When you're done with these, buy blank ones and make your own.
Published on April 6, 2004 by Bighairydoofus

2.0 out of 5 stars Idea is great, has grammar errors
Eventhough I like the idea and the concept of these flash cards, I have to give them a negative review. The German language was revised in 2006 and these flash cards have the old spelling. "Fluss" is still spelled with the "s-zet" just to name one (of many).
I send the cards back. They need revision!!!
Published on November 12, 2011 by Monika Bernhardt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool and an absolute bargain., April 6, 2004
Bighairydoofus "-" (Brooklyn Park, MN United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have!, March 12, 2008
D. Keir (Ramstein Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
My 8 year old is enrolled in German school while we are stationed here, and having had no prior German language instruction I bought these to boost his vocabulary. These cards are awesome! We carry a few with us and both try to learn a few new ones each day. Even though there are 1000 cards, many have multiple words on 1 card, so there are even MORE than 1000 things to learn. They are small and easy to carry around, and are great for anyone wanting to learn German! The best German language product I have ever purchased, well worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Helpful Vocabulary Aid, December 29, 2011
Douglas A. Hutchinson (Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
I am in the beginning stages of learning German: I have some understanding of the grammar, verb conjugation and declensions for nouns, pronouns and adjectives. However, my vocabulary is woefully inadequate. I am finding the German Vocabulary Cards to be very useful.

I am impressed by the organization of the cards; many of the cards have several words related to the principal word. For example, the noun die Absicht is accompanied by the related adjective absichtlich and verb beabsichtigen. The cards are quite thorough in providing alternative meanings. For example, some elementary German books provide the meanings by, near, at for the preposition bei. This preposition has several other uses, and the card lists the meanings associated with these uses (Larry Wells "Handbuch Zur Deutschen Grammatik" made me aware of the extensive use of this preposition; other "simpler" books did not).

The cards are well worth what I spent to acquire them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the beginner, March 30, 2007
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
too big (many) to be really portable, but with a thousand cards they're worthwhile and you could always split them up...beats making them yourself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Idea is great, has grammar errors, November 12, 2011
Monika Bernhardt (Lake Orion, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
I send the cards back. They need revision!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, but could be better, July 29, 2012
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
These cards are good, and I'm glad I have them, but they could/should have been better. My main criticisms are:
1. They waste far too many cards on obscure words while commonly used words are missing
2. The printing should be larger, especially on the back
3. The cards are very thin stock
All in all though, they are handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, maybe a couple of outdated cards., May 25, 2012
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
These cards are much nicer and a much bigger convenience than making them myself. However, I noticed the first card I pulled out was "Mark (German Currency)" which hasn't actually existed since 2002. Other words are slightly out of date, but as long as you make yourself aware of them, it isn't too bad. The cards are nice, but are quite thin. I can see the writing on the back if they aren't against a hard surface. So as long as you don't plan on holding them up, they are fine; no huge deal :).

These are pretty great, and certainly can't beat them at the price. Try coming up with 1000 cards and printing them off for less than $15 (if you counted in time it would probably be 4-5x's that!) You should buy these, don't think you will be disappointed. You should definitely learn Grammar along with these, though as these won't really help you with that, and nouns and verbs without grammar won't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use, December 26, 2012
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
I really like these flash cards. The first thing I did upon receiving them was sort them. I sorted them by categories and that made them easy to find when you needed them. I usually memorize a few cards from a category each day. This really helps after awhile. These cards make a great study aid.

4.0 out of 5 stars German Vocab cards, November 23, 2012
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
flimsy cards but adequate. Worth the price. Sure the german language was updated after these cards were printed but its good to know what the Eszet stands for, especially if you plan on reading old German texts at some point!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful Memory Aid - Recommended, March 5, 2010
This review is from: German Vocabulary Cards (Cards)
These "German Vocabulary Cards" are a very helpful way to reinforce German words and their usage. Our son is taking German in school and he wanted these cards to prep at home. While the shear number of words (1000) makes it a little hard to find the current list he is working on for school, we suspect that over time the new ones he learns from using these will nicely augment his class work.

The cards are fairly small and slightly thinner than expected, but are good quality and should last a long time.

Recommended!

CFH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

German Vocabulary Cards
German Vocabulary Cards by Vis-Ed (Visual Education) (Cards - June 1991)
Used & New from: $23.76