5.0 out of 5 stars Candid and Entertaining Sports book
Published on January 20, 2008 by R. J. Marsella

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Decent insight to Garrard's determination to succeed but little lacking in depth of content. Lots of swearing, which didn't bother me but doesn't really make for a great read.
Published on August 27, 2010 by Limey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Candid and Entertaining Sports book, January 20, 2008
This review is from: Gerrard: My Autobiography (Paperback)
As an American who loves watching the Premier League games every weekend, I have become a huge fan of Liverpool. Reading this autobiography of Steven Gerrard helped me gain insight into the depth of the football culture from youth leagues to the professional ranks in England. Gerrard's story is a fairly typical young boy achieves his dreams tale, but he is engaging and the book is lively and highly readable. His competitiveness and drive come through on every page and the background on some of the better known personalities in European football were very enlightening to this Yank since we obviously don't get the coverage here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only Liverpool player who a United fan would support, May 12, 2010
This review is from: Gerrard: My Autobiography (Paperback)
This guy is just terrific. What a player. He is the only player a die hard Manchester United supporter like me would even consider to take a second look. But this guy is just off the chart. The book makes for some very interesting reading. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well written for a sports autobiography, September 6, 2008
corgicat (Jonesborough, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gerrard: My Autobiography (Paperback)
Steven Gerrard - wow what a wonderful football (soccer) player. And guess what? He can write as well. Very good read; interesting; informative about his growing up; his career at Liverpool and as an international star for England. He doesn't pull any punches; names names and praises and criticizes as he sees fit. Most sports autobiographies are rubbish particularly for someone who is in the middle of his career but this one is worth the time. Nice photo inserts as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, July 21, 2009
This review is from: Gerrard: My Autobiography (Paperback)
I am 3/4 of the way through this book but am loving every minute of it. The one thing i appreciate about it is it is not your typical celebrity/ footballers autobiography were its all about me-me-me and how great they are. There are a lot of moments that you see the lows that Stevie G experienced in his career. It also gives a good insight into the goings on at Liverpool/ Anfield/ Melwood/ England training and in his personal life etc. I may be biased as a liverpool fan, but I am not one for reading books over 100 pages and I definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steven Gerrard, May 30, 2014
I always wanted to read this book being a big fan of Stevie G. Found the book at around 5 bucks including shipping and the book was in excellent quality. Thank you Amazon for making the marketplace accessible to second hand books.
Now let's get to the book. The book is well built, and well stitched. It has various pages with pictures and recollection is really good too. This books helps more understand Stevie G as to why he wanted to leave for Chelsea, his emotional side, his family side and his aggressive side. Stevie G is certainly a inspirational and an ideal Liverpool man. YNWA!

4.0 out of 5 stars ... curiosity to find out more about one of the best England players of recent times, September 1, 2014
What prompted me to purchase this book was a curiosity to find out more about one of the best England players of recent times, who is a rare case in the modern game of a lad who rose through the ranks to play his entire career at the highest level for his hometown club. I found the book interesting and enjoyable to read, particularly Gerrard's own recollections of the big matches of his career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 5, 2008
This review is from: Gerrard: My Autobiography (Paperback)
This is a must for every Liverpool fan to have, outstanding form the very first page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatness rising !!, July 15, 2014
a great story of an amazing sportsman, I highly recommend it to all sports lovers, I could almost see myself running around with him and his mates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, May 14, 2014
Excellent read, would recommend to any soccer/football fan. Gerrard is a class act, Who has lived an amazing career while staying humble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, May 6, 2014
Very well written for a autobiography. Through this book you really get what it's like to play for Liverpool. Gerrard goes really deep into his feelings during matches. A good book and a must buy for fans of Stevie G
Legend

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Gerrard: My Autobiography
Gerrard: My Autobiography by Steven Gerrard (Paperback - September 28, 2007)
$16.95 $12.93
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.