Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 20, 2008
As an American who loves watching the Premier League games every weekend, I have become a huge fan of Liverpool. Reading this autobiography of Steven Gerrard helped me gain insight into the depth of the football culture from youth leagues to the professional ranks in England. Gerrard's story is a fairly typical young boy achieves his dreams tale, but he is engaging and the book is lively and highly readable. His competitiveness and drive come through on every page and the background on some of the better known personalities in European football were very enlightening to this Yank since we obviously don't get the coverage here.
on May 12, 2010
This guy is just terrific. What a player. He is the only player a die hard Manchester United supporter like me would even consider to take a second look. But this guy is just off the chart. The book makes for some very interesting reading. I would recommend it.
on September 6, 2008
Steven Gerrard - wow what a wonderful football (soccer) player. And guess what? He can write as well. Very good read; interesting; informative about his growing up; his career at Liverpool and as an international star for England. He doesn't pull any punches; names names and praises and criticizes as he sees fit. Most sports autobiographies are rubbish particularly for someone who is in the middle of his career but this one is worth the time. Nice photo inserts as well.
on May 30, 2014
I always wanted to read this book being a big fan of Stevie G. Found the book at around 5 bucks including shipping and the book was in excellent quality. Thank you Amazon for making the marketplace accessible to second hand books.
Now let's get to the book. The book is well built, and well stitched. It has various pages with pictures and recollection is really good too. This books helps more understand Stevie G as to why he wanted to leave for Chelsea, his emotional side, his family side and his aggressive side. Stevie G is certainly a inspirational and an ideal Liverpool man. YNWA!
on July 21, 2009
I am 3/4 of the way through this book but am loving every minute of it. The one thing i appreciate about it is it is not your typical celebrity/ footballers autobiography were its all about me-me-me and how great they are. There are a lot of moments that you see the lows that Stevie G experienced in his career. It also gives a good insight into the goings on at Liverpool/ Anfield/ Melwood/ England training and in his personal life etc. I may be biased as a liverpool fan, but I am not one for reading books over 100 pages and I definitely recommend this book!
on September 8, 2015
This is the best soccer biography I have read!! Steven Gerrard tells a great story from his humble beginnings growing up in Liverpool, to his youth playing for Liverpool and becoming a BPL and international player. He offers a players perspective that is great information for a fan. I would highly recommend this book for any fan of the game regardless of which team or country you support. He seams very honest in his retelling of his life story and his opinion of coaches, players and other characters is interesting.
on March 7, 2013
My husband is a massive Liverpool fan, and an even bigger Gerrard fan. Over the last few years I have purchased various Liverpool merchandise but as soon as a stumbled across this book, I knew it would be a perfect birthday present for him.

The book arrived much earlier than the estimated delivery date and was in perfect condition. I know my husband is going to be over the moon when he opens this up on his birthday.
on January 5, 2015
Absolutely brilliant ! Still reading this but already don't want it to end ....amazing book, amazing guy....if you enjoy Football , you will enjoy this , Liverpool supporter or not ! I am a Man U supporter. Enthralled by this story of Stevie G ....
on September 1, 2014
What prompted me to purchase this book was a curiosity to find out more about one of the best England players of recent times, who is a rare case in the modern game of a lad who rose through the ranks to play his entire career at the highest level for his hometown club. I found the book interesting and enjoyable to read, particularly Gerrard's own recollections of the big matches of his career.
on August 22, 2015
What a great story by a great player. Steven Gerrard provides a the reader with insight into what it takes to be a top professional. He clearly bleeds Liverpool red and has been committed 110% to the team.