“A highly readable and substantial guide to the grown-up realms of money and business.” —Deborah Stead, The New York Times,
If you've been meaning to get your finances in shape but have no idea where to start, this
is your playbook: The all-new edition of the New York Times
bestseller Get a Financial Life
busts open the system, teaching tricks for becoming master of your own money universe. No matter what's happening in the economy, all the guidance you need is right here. You'll learn how to:
• Pay off your credit cards and student loans and live debt free
• Start saving, even if you're living paycheck to paycheck
• Take advantage of the latest tax rules and save a bundle
• Find smart investments while still supporting socially responsible companies
• Come up with a down payment and buy a home, even in a tough economy
• Afford grad school
• Protect yourself from identity theft
And you'll discover why a 401(k) is your best friend—even if the market is tanking.
From tracking your spending to finding deals on insurance to navigating the new world of homebuying, this easy-to-understand, comprehensive guide provides an up-to-date road map of the world of personal finance. Whether you earn $30,000 or $300,000, are single or married, are drowning in debt or just looking for ways to keep your savings secure in uncertain times, you'll find the answers you need in Get a Financial Life.
“A daring book. . . . A life's worth of smart financial advice.” —Newsweek