Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$1.99

on March 25, 2014
This is a brilliant update to the original Get A Horse Mickey Mouse cartoon. Creative and fun to watch, it was pure joy to watch. Hearing Walt Disney's voice as Mickey was the icing on the cake. A must watch for all Disney fans.
on June 17, 2014
I saw the short when I went to watch Frozen in the theater and I was ready to leave the theater completely satisfied with the money I spent. It's the most creative thing I've watched made by Disney Animation in a long time.

I'm so glad the shorts themselves are available, I was ready to buy the Frozen blu-ray just for this, but I thought Frozen was mediocre and couldn't justify the price.

Between this and Paperman I'm starting to really love the Disney shorts, seems like that's where a lot of the creativity and wonder of older Disney animation is being shown. I can't wait for short before Big Hero 6.
on November 29, 2014
If you love Mickey Mouse shorts you love "Get A Horse". An amazing blend of the old hand drawn animation with the new computer animation. There were two animation teams that worked to pull this together. Mickey and friends are riding and singing on a house drawn cart, when Pete pulls up in his new car. Pete antagonizes the gang because they are so slow. During the skirmish some figures how to cross over to the three-D world. The chase hours back and forth through both worlds until our pal, Mickey triumphs. There is also a surprise guest appearance at the end. Great animation with an amazing blending of the two styles.
on April 10, 2014
This is a cute Mickey Mouse original cartoon. My toddler loves it he laughs the whole time. It starts off like an old school black and white cartoon and then they get thrown into the modern color world. It is a really adorable short.
on February 9, 2015
I really didn't care for this short at all, and I'm actually pretty annoyed that it is included on all the Frozen DVDs and Blurays (especially because it plays automatically on FastPlay). It seems too violent for young viewers (including the target audience). Pete kidnaps Minnie, which is awful, but then all the "good guys" attack Pete violently and laugh at his pain. I have two daughters (a toddler and a pre-schooler), and this is not something I feel is appropriate for this age group. My suggestion would be to watch the short before allowing your children to watch, and you can make your own judgment. I wish I had had that option when we saw Frozen in the theater when this short was shown before the movie.
review image
on March 14, 2014
For a film this short, this one packs in lots of fun little surprises. I'm not a particular fan of Disney but I really enjoyed the homage to the beginnings of animation and the mix of CGI.
on March 6, 2014
I think this short is an extremely clever blend of old mixed with new. I would recommend it to everyone. Even in 2D, you can see the creativity springing toward you. It is refreshing to see such a tribute to Walt Disney. Every Disney movie should have a cartoon precede it. Get a Horse! deserved the Oscar!
on March 2, 2016
My wife and I are huge Disney fans, and finding this short made us so happy! We miss the days of Mickey and Minnie, and we hope shorts like this will bring them to the next generation
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2015
Pros: Great mix of archival recordings from the classic shorts I remember fondly with new dialogue, irrelevant humor and awesome 2d-3d animation
Cons: Screen size?
on March 20, 2015
Wish the Mickey Mouse cartoons on the Disney channel were more like the old ones! This is full of imagination, creativity and funny for children and adults