5.0 out of 5 stars The New Business Paradigm
Bill Cates' "Get More Referrals Now!" is awesome.

Based on a referral, interestingly enough, I picked up a copy of this book and blasted through it in a matter of days. What makes this book so outstanding is the recognition of the need to consolidate your current business model into one that is referral-driven.

Think about it for a minute--if you...
Published on October 23, 2004 by Scuba Diver

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for startups.
This book "might" help you if you are already an established business. But if you are just starting one, forget it. Why? Because you have no customers that can refer you to anybody!

It's also a summation of many of the business proverbs that we already know :

- be nice to your customers

- ask them how you can better serve them...
Published on June 25, 2005 by Stinger51

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Business Paradigm, October 23, 2004
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
Bill Cates' "Get More Referrals Now!" is awesome.

Think about it for a minute--if you have car problems, need a good doctor, or want to sign up for music lessons, who do you ask? Inevitably the answer usually is a friend or associate for a referral as to who THEY use. Based on this concept Cates' work expands upon intrinsically human relationships and provides a variety of techniques for business professionals (although this book has utility outside the business world, it is primarily written for individuals/companies looking to exponentially grow their client base using a referral-based approach to marketing) to strengthen existing relationships while simultaneously generating new business.

Cates divides his book into five parts, "baby-steps" if you will, of changing from the old standard of cold calling (Brrrrr cold indeed and fineable now too under the Do-Not-Call list!) to adopting a referral-based business.

Part One "The Foundation: Adopt a Referral Mindset" lays the track for the rest of the book and makes the reader mentally itemize why in fact referral-based marketing is superior.

Part Two "The First Skill: Enhance Your Referability" describes the actions you need to take that will result in clients placing more confidence if your abilities.

Part Three "The Second Skill: Prospect for Referrals" provides step-by-step instruction on HOW to get qualified referrals in the door.

Part Four "The Third Skill: Strategic Networking" goes one step beyond Part Three and now delves into the necessity of getting your office/company on board with the referral method transitioning to a holistic concept of a referral-based corporate strategy.

Part Five "The Fourth Skill: Target Niche Markets" delves into the intricacies of selecting profitable key areas to focus your referral-based approach on capturing more business.

Cates's greatest accomplishment I think in this book is its ease of use and practicability. "Get More Referrals Now!" does just that; similar to Tony Robbins philosophy in "Awaken the Giant Within" Cates focuses on modifying your perception on the value of a concept which in this case is the referral. With increasing legislature limiting cold calling to business to business and limited consumer buy-in calls, Cates' book is more relevant and necessary than ever.

Of the dozen or so books I've read over the past couple weeks, I'm ordering enough of this book and one on scuba diving I really enjoyed to use as stocking-stuffers for my friends and associates. A great read and one of those books where your initial investment of time and money will provide a lasting and valuable income stream. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let somebody else do the selling for you, December 24, 2006
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
Referrals now is an excellent book that explains how to obtain more business by asking for referrals. Most friends and existing clients are more than willing to recommend your product or sevices if you just ask for it. Sales people sometimes view asking for referrals as a sign of weakness or problems in the business. This is not true.

If you want to build up a business very quickly without a lot of overhead, this is the best method. It would be adviseable to first read the book "Masters of Networking" by Ivan R. Misner. Referral business has a lot to do with networking, so you must be ready to do favors for other people who help you out. Forgetting to help somebody else who has helped you will be very detrimental to your business.

Just asking somebody for a referral is not really good enough but asking the person for a personal introduction increases your chances dramatically for closing the deal.

Don't read the book all in one go. Read a chapter, think about how you can apply it, write down what you think is best for you and experiment with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on sales I've ever read., January 16, 1999
By A Customer
I've been in sales for almost 20 years. This is the best book I've ever read. It's easy to read and has a ton of ideas. I'm on my second reading and it's already put money in my pocket. Bill Cates has delivered a comprehensive approach to the referral process that makes it easy, fun, and produces results!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GOLDMINE!!, January 28, 2004
Michelle M. (CO United States) - See all my reviews
I cannot explain the value of this book! My manager handed it to me and asked me if I would be interested in reading it because he did not have time. That was two weeks ago - I could not put it down! Since then my business has grown 500% - I cannot stop all of the business that just keeps rolling in every day! Being a loan officer for a national financial institution - this is huge for me! Buy this book - that is all I can say - however you get your hands on a copy - do it today! It is full of strategies that are simple to implement, which translate to instant and measurable gain! It is a shame that someone else wrote a great review and gave it 0 stars - it brought down the overall rating that does not give it justice! Read it - that is all I can say - the book will pay for itself 1000 times over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get More Referrals Now: Excellent, August 15, 2005
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
This was one of the best books I have ever read on getting referrals (and I have read quite a few). Although it does cover other industries, the focus is on financial services practioners, particularly independant financial planners, and insurance sales people. The principles apply to every one who would like to grow their business using referrals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book now!, July 18, 2004
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
This straightforward and down-to-earth book provided me with the strategic advice I needed on how to change the way I do business, and it's made all the difference in generating quality leads that produce faster and easier sales. There's no mumbo-jumbo; just great ideas you can put to use right away.
Every chapter has real-life examples of Bill's concepts in action, and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind anyone looking to grow their business should read this book. With the results I've gotten I consider Bill a silent partner in my business, and I constantly refer back to this book when I have a problem to solve or need a new idea.
Buy this book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your #1 Marketing Strategy, May 6, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
Almost everyone in business will acknowledge that the best way to gain new business is through referrals. Bill explains in easy-to-understand terms exactly how to transform your existing customers and clients into your business advocates. Most importantly, Bill shows us how to accomplish this without fear and in a manner that actually strengthens your customer relationships. This book is not just for sales people either, anyone in the organization that interacts with your customers should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Mortgage Broker, October 1, 2006
Me and My Boys (Fun-in-the-Sun Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
I decided to review the library's copy before I bought it and I could not get enough info out of it! I found myself taking notes and almost writing in the library's copy! I rushed and bought the book. Now it's covered in pink and yellow highlighter. I feel like I'm back in college preparing for an exam -- except this time, my studying is going to directly contribute to my bank account! Truly valuable!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Sales Guide, March 31, 2004
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
This book is considered one of the best books in business, for many reasons. The subject itself (sales & marketing field) suggests a smart choice from the author working on the right track, that all businesses need this book and this subject either to fix their sales practices (if they aren't achieving targets) or to improve them (if they are achieving them).
Authors (W. R. Cates, Bill Cates) could successfully deliver and represent their practical experience in a simple, straight forward, to the point, attractive language to the audience to make the best use of the scientific material in the book.
As the title suggests, the book emphasizes on The Four Cornerstones That Turn Business Relationships Into Gold. The subject sounds redundant at first sight, but actually the treatement is new and different. The idea concentrates on the quality, not the quantity (how to work smarter, not harder and how to work less and earn more). The book is really good and going to help you alot no doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous Teaching From A True Expert, March 27, 2005
Bob Burg (Jupiter, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get More Referrals Now! (Paperback)
With "Get More Referrals Now!", business development and referral authority, Bill Cates has stepped up his terrific teaching even another notch. Bill takes the reader through a step-by-step method of understanding the referral process, from initial mindset, through building the proper relationships, how to ask, and how to receive them. Of course, his teaching is based on providing service to others and becoming a person/resource of value to those within your sphere of influence.

This book is really a "must read" for anyone in sales or, for that matter, in any type of business where "relationships count"...which, of course, is every business.

Also, like practically all the great books out there, this is one you should have your children become familiar with from the time they are old enough to have their first paper route, and they should "study" it before they graduate school/college and enter the business world.

Excellent job, Bill! Thank you for writing such a terrific book.

Get More Referrals Now!
Get More Referrals Now! by Bill Cates (Paperback - March 30, 2004)
$18.00 $13.78