Cutting out clutter might be the best thing you’ve ever done, not just in your closet, but also on your computer, smartphone, email, and online accounts.
Get Organized: How to Clean Up Your Messy Digital Life is a how-to guide for reimagining your digital life and getting it to a happier and more productive place.
Author and software expert Jill Duffy shows you the apps, websites, and other freely available tools you'll need to put your life back in order. You'll learn how to:
- Organize a computer so you can find what you need when you need it.
- Streamline your email to clear out your inbox for good.
- Protect your most important data with powerful passwords and simple backup solutions.
- Clean up your photos, music, and social media accounts—and keep them that way.
- Manage your finances and your online presence
- Prepare for digital afterlife.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
Is your PC’s desktop as cluttered as your physical desktop? Are your media files mixed up and unintelligibly named? Are you not sure if your smartphone, password scheme, or backup system is as effective as it could be? Or is your email inbox in a constant state of disarray?
Then Jill Duffy wrote this book for you.
"The 'Get Organized' mission is to help people feel more in control of their digital lives through small and achievable steps," says Duffy. "A lot of the guidance in the book is about helping people take action, particularly in areas where they feel overwhelmed and inundated. My whole philosophy is about breaking down big problems into smaller parts that anyone can understand, even if they don't have a lot of experience with technology."
Based on PCMag’s popular weekly "Get Organized" column by Jill Duffy, this ebook is loaded with advice and tutorials on how to better manage email and social media, how to process and sort digital photos and music, how to best use the cloud, and, most of all, how to create an organized digital life that you can sustain. Across 15 chapters and half a dozen exclusive videos, Duffy addresses every aspect of your personal and professional tech organization.
Videos In This EbookThis enhanced ebook includes 6 videos
How they will play depends on the way you access Kindle books:
- Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire, 2nd generation: The videos will play inline with the book with the latest software upgrade.
- Kindle for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch: The videos will play inline within the book.
- Kindle Fire, 1st generation: The videos will play via web browser, with the links for free access to each one provided inline.
- Kindle for Mac, Kindle for PC, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone: The videos will play via web browser, with the links for free access to each one provided inline.
- Kindle Touch, Paperwhite, and older generation e-ink: Videos won't play in your device; a type-friendly url will be provided for free web access to the videos on a regular web browser
About the Author
Organization and productivity expert Jill Duffy joined PCMag.com as a software analyst in 2011, and she launched her weekly “Get Organized” column the following year. Her work has also appeared in numerous newspapers, magazines, and websites in addition to PCMag.com, including Popular Science, The San Francisco Examiner, Game Developer magazine, DigitalTrends.com, and Gamasutra.com. Duffy’s fast-growing reputation for her expertise in digital organization and productivity led her to speak at a TED conference earlier this year on the subject of how to better manage email.
About the Publisher
PCMag.com is a trusted online brand for buyers of computer and consumer electronic products. PCMag is well known for its PC Labs, the largest and oldest in the industry with over 30 year’s heritage. The PC Labs produce over 2,200 reviews each year, all designed to guide tech buyers as they go “in-market” for new products. Alongside product reviews, our content includes—tech news, buying guides, market-leading opinion, proprietary downloads, special features, and much more.