Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

on March 22, 2012
Oh how I love Rick Lax's books...this one is just the latest in a series of well-written, smart, humorous, and just flat-out cool books. I am somewhat (see: extremely) obsessed with Vegas, so of course I went bananas when I read this book--it just has so many random fun facts/stories about Vegas--things you would probably never know otherwise. You will feel as though you are right there with him as he travels through the world of Vegas attempting(or not) to make sense of it all. There are also a ton of great color pictures to go along with the stories. When I can't travel to Vegas, I pick up a Rick Lax book b/c it's the next best thing.
on February 3, 2012
I just finished reading the Kindle version and loved it. This was a great way of finding out what life in Las Vegas is like for a wide variety of colorful characters who live and work there.
on March 16, 2014
I'm a Vegas fan and now I'm a Lax fan. His style is easy and funny. The book cover shows him writing in the bathroom; this book is excellent reading material for the same room.
on January 10, 2015
Love Rick Lax's magic videos. His books are great. This one lost a lot, format wise, converting to Kindle. But the words iz great. And that's what counts.
on March 5, 2013
I like Tucker Max as an author, and this is a pale imitation of his books. Didn't find myself wanting to read a story, then go on to the next, and the next. I got 3/4 of the way through it and stopped reading it all together. Not horribly written, just didn't hold my interest. YMMV