Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day

on May 5, 2011
I received an special offer for this book via Clickbank. Book was "free" as long as I'd pay postage. A very good deal, I though.

This is a good book. Not great, but worth checking out. I give credit to the author for covering so many aspects of online business in one book. The problem is, there isn't enough space for everything he wants to cover-- at least in detail. It's kind of like being at a buffet, with a lot of choices, but only being able to take a tiny bite. You get an idea of what is available, but don't walk away totally satisfied.

Luckily, I have been studying online marketing for a while. When I read this stuff, I got what he was saying. If this is your first book about online maketing though, or you're looking to "get rich quick", you may end up frustrated as some of the aspects here will likely be too complicated for you to understand since you'll have to "fill in the blanks" yourself. For a beginner, I think something like Laptop Lifestyle - How to Quit Your Job and Make a Good Living on the Internet (Volume 1 - Quick Start Guide to Making Money Online) is a better option, since it moves a little slower and gives step-by-step lists of what you can do to either sell your own products online or make money using affiliate programs.

The best part about this book is that it gives detailed case studies of successful businesses and how they are making money online. There are a lot of ways to make money online and this will get you thinking about how you can find something that works for you.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 10, 2011
The ultimate goal of the book is to make the author richer.

The content is not solid as described by other 5-star reviewers. If you have done internet marketing for more than 1 year, you can probably write a better book with more solid content. The contents are not updated. e.g. QuikDrop is a mentioned as an eBay drop shipper. If you check and you can find QuikDrop has ceased doing eBay drop shipping more than two years before the book is published. What I can say is that the book is a stuffing of old information.

Don't put much faith to get rich by many clicks mentioned in this book. One thing for sure is that the author is getting richer if you buy this book.

Good luck.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 11, 2011
This book appears to be nothing but an infomercial for his website. Whenever he starts to tell a good story or give good tips. before finishing he gives a link to his website. And what good are weblinks on a Kindle? I can't imagine what the print edition is like. Do you press a link on a page with your finger and a magical screen appears before you? He's also obsessed with this UPC like codes called QRs which appear throughout the book. I have no access to these codes and thought they took up space and were worthless and interrupted the story.

But more importantly, nearly everything in this book is either pure common sense or easily available elsewhere on the net for free. I really question if some of these reviews aren't submitted by his PR team. Really, a nine page review?

I just don't trust his numbers. He says in one paragraph that the founder of Zappo's is worth $700M after the sale to Amazon. A few pages later he says that it sold for $1B, then later he says Jeff Bezos paid over a billion. Which one is it?

He also goes on to say that he purchased a blinds company in Houston. He said their website outsold both of their retail locations. The Kindle version says the website is [...]. I assume that is a typo for nobrainsBlinds.com. Nonetheless, he said the website business was more successful because it had no overhead. So, I guess the place just ran itself with Japanese Robots and Disney cartoon characters. No phone lines, no internet, no shipping, no labor, no benefits?

I swear this guy will be on late night TV ads in no time.

This is just a story of a man who got lucky buying a domain name and selling it for a fortune. Now, he just plays with his money. But, I think for him to suggest that the average person could recreate what he or many of the others mentioned in the book have done, is just ludicrous.

I regretfully hoped for more.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 11, 2011
After seeing this author on The View, I was excited to order and receive my copy of Get Rich Click. Since I enjoy being online and I need to make some serious money this was a perfect solution. As suggested in the book, I have tried: placing ads, drop shipping, domain names, etc. So far, I have made NOTHING. In fact I have lost money that I could not afford to spare. The book seems to have some good ideas, but unless you are incredibly lucky enough to stumble into something.....I'll let you fill in the rest.
I went to the books website and sent a note through the contact us section to see if I could get additional suggestions or insight into what I may be doing wrong. I will update this review when/if i receive a reply.
on September 25, 2011
The book is a very badly compiled list of obvious things. What makes it worse is that there does not seem to be any thought or discernment put into what goes on the lists. If you are expecting some cogent, thoughtful and CURATED stream of tips, don't look here. It is obvious this was not written by an expert. More likely a dilettante (ok, so he got lucky buying some domain name in the past - does anybody remember what this guy was doing with phone cards? Not very good, if I recall.)

I even regret spending the time to read this book, which I, thankfully, borrowed for free from the library. Stay away. Stay away. Stay away.

Instead, run towards the 'real' experts - Hubspot, Avinash Kaushik, Oli Gardner, many of the Mixergy interviews, etc.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am artist and sell my own artwork. This book caught my attention to see if I can find additional ways to reach potential collectors. I found that I was not the main target audience for the book.

The author divides e-commerce into several business models:
1. Make your own product and sell it yourself
2. Make your own product and find a third party to sell it and fulfil the orders.
3. Make your own product, find a third party to sell, and you fulfil the orders yourself
4. Buy someone else's product, sell it yourself
5. Buy someone else's product, sell it to someone else to sell. You make money on the margins.
6. Sell someone else's product without buying it, collect the money, have manufacturer do fulfilment
7. Sell someone else's product, have manufacturer handle money collection and fulfilment

The author's main expertise is in selling items with minimal effort, so his main preference is for 5,6, and 7.
So an artist who loves producing their product is on the author's undesirable list of business models.

Even though most of the book did not line up with my interests, it was interesting to read ideas and approaches to marketing I have not considered. This book will not become a reference book for me because I am not interested in the business models the author spends most time on. I am glad I got my copy of the book from the library to evaluate if I should buy a copy of my own.

I liked:

* There is a lot of information about different approaches to on-line marketing. You don't have to like them all, you can pick and choose what fits your personality and mode of operation.

I did not like:

*The style in which the book is written. This is one big infomercial, the author is trying to up sell you his web site all the time. The tone of the book is very bragging.

*Information on the internet changes all the time, so some of the information becomes outdated quickly. One has to keep this in mind especially as the date of publication grows older.

Overall, the book has information that is useful especially if your interests line up with the author's, and if you are willing to put up with an annoying style in which it is delivered it is worth a read.

Ali Julia review
on July 13, 2011
I regret having bought this book. I did not like anything this infomercial style. I agree that his main goal seems to drive traffic to his site. The link to his site appears again and again. I hate this. Why redirect links through qr codes? You can write a simple link. They get paid to link through qr code? In one chapter suggest to gain money writing reviews. Does not surprise me some of the 5 star reviews
on September 27, 2011
This book is an incongruous mix of too much information and too little. It's almost a hyper stream of advice, yet so little of it is actionable; plus he is constantly referring back to his own web site. Almost all the many, many resources listed at the end have some sort of product they're selling, so they're not really resources, but rather ways for those particular site owners to be getting rich "click." I gave this book a fair shot and read it carefully at least twice and don't think I learned much. I do like the "One Hour a Day" series much better for actionable info.
on July 14, 2011
The author is just a marketing guy. He doesn't know any technical to show you. The websites reference in the book are dead, broken, casual and poorly design. How can you trust his method when he never use the poorly websites that he mentions in his book? He just picks up info from here and there in the internet to fill his book.
on April 16, 2012
I almost bought this book three days ago, but I had the presence of mind to read the reviews and google it. After reading about how the information offered in the book can be had easily for free if you search online, and checking out two websites mentioned in the book (Quikdrop does not drop ship, and the other was just gone), I concluded it is a way to get rich quick -- for the author!

Much of the information in the book seems interesting, but you can't do anything with it. Oh wait, you can go to the author's website and pay him more for various advice. That pings my scam alert, and I'm glad I did the checking before I purchased.

Recommendation: Stay Away.