Loaded with charts, tips, forms and exercises, this guide provides a step-by-step approach to becoming a successful communicator. Communication consultant Sherman presents well-structured chapters on such topics as setting goals, listening and asking solid questions. -- Library Journal, March 15, 2005
From the Back Cover
“Ruth Sherman’s systematic approach to selling yourself and your ideas is foolproof. Read this book and watch your stature and bottom line grow.”—Julie Jansen, author of I Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This
A proven approach to selling yourself and your ideas when and where they matter most
- Do you avoid going to networking events because you won't know anyone who will be there?
- Do you get tongue-tied when speaking to powerful people?
- Have you ever had someone shut you down when you knew you had a great idea?
- Are you convinced that some people are born with charisma - and you're not one of them?
Then this book is for you.
Every personal contact you make is an opportunity to inspire, persuade, and advance business and personal interests. The challenge is to make a good impression quickly and grow it into something that lasts. This no-nonsense guide offers proven methods for marketing yourself and your ideas skillfully and successfully, whether you're talking to your CEO or your PTA.
In Get Them to See it Your Way, Right Away, top communication consultant Ruth Sherman provides a step-by-step approach to techniques and behaviors that will help you get the results you want in any setting. Combining stories from the front with tips, tools and worksheets, Sherman shows you how to:
- Organize thoughts quickly and concisely and deliver them with impact
- Generate a great, lasting impression using common-sense (but rarely used) techniques
- Develop personal appeal that makes people want to listen to what you have to say
- Identify which question to ask when there's only time for one
- Recognize when to back off, retool, and live to pitch another day