5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Published on August 30, 2011 by Harley

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
Published 21 months ago by luvn' life

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, August 30, 2011
This review is from: Get It Together for College, 2nd Edition: A Planner to Help You Get Organized and Get In (Paperback)
I read this one, and I bought the original one (it has a purple cover), my friend and I both got them. It has EVERYTHING in it. I love the timelines in the front that tell you a to do list for the month. I'm a senior this year and it doesn't matter when you buy it, it is so helpful. My copy is covered in sticky notes and annotated with other things I need to remember. It's also thin enough that I carry it with me to school and in my purse so that I can do college planning. My next step is filling out applications and application essays (which worry me), which this book will help me with. Overall I highly recommend it if you are in high school and plan to go to a traditional 4 year college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, July 14, 2012
I love the calendar of stuff you need to accomplish, that's the best part! If you're detail oriented and love to-do lists, calendars, and stuff like that, you'll especially love this book. It keeps everything in line for you, so you don't have to. & It's pretty straightforward and basic, so don't sweat it. Even if you're not list-oriented, you'll love this little guide. Worth the money. I recommend grabbing it up when you're in 10th grade, because their little calendar list starts that early. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the workbook that is included with my coaching sessions, November 20, 2012
Get it Together for College is the supplement workbook that I use with my students that I coach for college admissions. I use the book as an organizational guide, visual reference and calendar for portions of our coaching sessions.

This book receives a five-star rating from this undergraduate professor who is The College Student Coach.

[...]

collegestudentcoaches@gmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, October 12, 2012
This book is more akin to a pamphlet: None of the info goes into deep detail particularly. I would definitely get this from the library. It is filled with check lists and you could copy them if you want something to check off the steps if you need that during the maddening process that is applying to college. I did find a thing or two useful in the book, but I wish I would have checked it out from the library instead as there just isn't enough info in it to warrant buying it. I do, BTW, really find the book "College Admission: From application to admission, step by step" very useful. The author, Robin Mamlet, was Dean of Admissions at Stanford and she knows her stuff. It is filled with tips from admission reps across the country, application pointers, financial aid info and more. Now that book is worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reference Guide, June 16, 2014
This book is a great quick reference guide to get you on track with what to do for each year of high school to meet expected goals.

4.0 out of 5 stars College Prep, April 16, 2014
I had already used many of the ideas that the book expounds on. It would be a good book to start with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great step by step help, June 25, 2013
For all you first timers out there, this is a big help! Best to buy when your child is a sophmore as they can put it all into perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars best college book, April 17, 2013
this book was extremely helpful in trying to organize all the information needed to apply to colleges. i would recommend it to any junior who needs help

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, February 19, 2013
Every parents needs this before their child enters high school. I am a homeschooler and I didn't do as well with my now graduating son, but I will definitely be ready with my other children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, October 4, 2012
This was a great book. I loved it, it was such a great help. I would recommend this to many of my friends.

$15.99 $14.53