Customer Discussions > Metroid: Other M forum

Get a $20 Video Games Credit....for 2 months

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2010 3:23:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2010 3:28:17 PM PDT
Jonny Bosch says:
Amazon gives you a fair deal and lets you know they can terminate their promotion at any time. I just thought it would be helpful to most people to know that your $20 credit is more like a coupon than a video games gift card. It has a short expiration time.

After you purchase a pre-order with this promotion, you'll get an email letting you know that you have a $20 credit that will expire two months from your original purchase. For those that buy video games frequently this isn't a problem. For others I recommend Walmart's pre-order for Metroid, that offers the same $20 web credit, but without an expiration date. Even with a little tax, it's better than having your credit expire on you

Posted on Aug 18, 2010 4:08:31 PM PDT
Steve says:
Thanks

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 12:36:32 PM PDT
mega Tron says:
Thanks for the heads up. I thought it went on indefinitely. Shouldn't be a problem though, as there's pleanty of games coming out soon and already out that I'd like to pick up.

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 5:37:16 PM PDT
M. Lewis says:
It does only last two months but if you spend it on another preorder that is further out it will still work even though you won't be charged until well after the $20 coupon expires. I got a $20 credit from Mario Galaxy 2 and used it right away on the preorder for this. The credit has expired by now but I still have the $20 off on this game even though I won't be charged until next week.

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 11:15:43 AM PDT
Ditto what M. Lewis said. I love amazon's pre-order policy.

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 4:02:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 24, 2010 5:01:08 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 4:21:38 PM PDT
M. Lewis says:
Doubtful.

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 7:52:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2010 7:53:45 AM PDT
Bob Main says:
@Paul Whitworth, which credit exactly are you talking about as having "disappeared"? If you refer to the one from Other M, that will be made available only when Other M actually ships.

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 4:17:54 PM PDT
I barely used my SMG2 credit on this before it ran out. It kind of feels like a video game of the month club. If you keep buying them you'll always get new games for $30-40, but do you really want to buy six new games a year?

Anyway, if this is as good as Super Metroid I'd pay $60. If it's as good as Fusion I'll want my money back.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2010 6:12:34 PM PDT
sketchturner says:
Are you sure it will work on your pre-order? I'll be curious to know if you only get charged $30 when Other M is released. I thought that you have to actually USE the $20 credit [as in complete payment] before the two months is up. Please let me know if this really works as I'll probably then use my credit from Other M toward Donkey Kong Country Returns.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2010 11:36:34 PM PDT
It did work on my preorder. When I originally preordered, it showed the $20 promotion discount on the invoice. I currently have Other M on preorder status and it says I owe $29.99 when it ships.

From now on if my coupon's about to expire and there isn't anything I want at the moment, I'm going to apply it to a preorder I know I'll like (e.g. Skyward Sword).

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 4:03:47 PM PDT
Plenty of time to buy stuff...well, almost. It applies to preorders just fine if I remember like COD: Black Ops or Fallout:NV. It'll at least cover Fallout:NV when that releases in October (hopefully).

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 5:26:16 PM PDT
Well, once the coupon expires, if you didn't use it, you can call Amazon Customer Service to get it renewed.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2010 7:41:12 PM PDT
Really? Have you tried before?

Posted on Aug 29, 2010 3:14:14 AM PDT
J. Hoff says:
I buy at least one game every two months from Amazon. So, it isn't a big deal. Plus, you just need to use the game in an order. So, put the $20 down on a game coming out in 3 months.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 4:02:51 AM PDT
Brian Belden says:
I have done this too, but just yesterday they cancelled my order since I didn't have current payment for my account. It turns out that since they don't send the payment through until it ships, your promo codes can expire. But kudos to the customer service department, with one call they were able to reinstate my promo and I just had to re-preorder. I might be a little more careful the game I preorder this time any try to get something a little closer to release date... maybe Epic Mickey instead of Zelda.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 5:28:28 AM PDT
I can't fathom not buying a new game at least every 2 months. Hell, I plan on putting this metroid promo into Halo Reach, and then Halo Reach into something in October and so on...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metroid: Other M forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 31, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metroid: Other M
Metroid: Other M by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (398)