Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

78%
22%
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on July 2, 2012
Let me preface this by saying The Ghost Inside is a great band. I've had the pleasure of seeing them live twice and they bring so much energy and good vibes into their shows. They just love what they're doing and their music says as much. Support these guys!

Get What You Give is, in essence, a clear and logical successor to the melodic and heavy Returners album. GWYG sees The Ghost Inside branching out a bit and throwing in some clean vocal choruses and some group shouts, but still maintaining their melodic and breakdown driven song structure. They successfully balance the attack here and don't overwhelm you with any one particular facet, which is something that a lot of bands struggle with. The cleans and group shouts are pretty well placed and after a number of listens, they actually have meaningful placements within the songs. The Ghost Inside have a way with breakdowns that make them utterly enjoyable and not cheesy and annoying. I cannot listen to a song on this album and not bang my head. The album title embodies the lyrical content of the songs on this record as well as the attitude of The Ghost Inside. You get what you give, so give it all you got. These guys certainly do.

Folks looking at this page are obviously looking for this kind of music and I'll straight up give my wholehearted recommendation for this album. If you like any of The Ghost Inside's previous work, you'll be into this one for sure. Fans of Bury Your Dead, Caliban, Confession, Parkway Drive, etc. will find things to like as well.
on June 20, 2012
Disclaimer, a huge TGI fan here.

Right off the bat, the clean vocals work in places here, especially on first single Engine 45...you'll be singing the chorus for days. The band does seem to embrace being poised for bigger success, but in this day and age with the world economy in shambles, I'm always happy for a good band to get bigger and do what they love without making any real sacrifices.

There is lots of variation in dynamics on display here, although the album as a whole is on par with their previous outing Returners when it comes to songwriting and mosh worthy moments. I think this is a logical and natural progression for the band at this interval and making the jump to Epitaph will definitely step up their game.

Overall I'm very pleased with their latest offering and I'll be jamming to these riffs all summer. Be sure to catch them live, because they definitely do NOT disappoint in that arena.
on January 12, 2015
Very well-made, and very easy to listen all the way through. Super catchy breakdowns! Can get pretty heavy, while at the same time having some positive messages through the lyrics. Definitely recommend!
on March 1, 2013
I've been a fan of TGI since they were called "A Dying Dream" and have seen them about six times live now. I have yet to be let down. Yes, this album is different, but I think it shows maturity and quite frankly even more talent. Is this album as heavy as their last two? No. Does it have some slower melodic clean vocals with TGI's signature catchy and powerful breaks? yes. I'm done here, just buy it and if you don't like it boo hoo you lost 12$... give it to someone who appreciates it..that's what life is about. Get what you Give.
on June 30, 2012
I must say i love this album it is a natural progression for the band there is zero filler every song hits you just right and the energy is fantastic nothing to complain about if you love straight up metalcore with no bs this is it
on October 31, 2012
I loved this album! This was my first exposure to The Ghost Inside. I remember I was on YouTube one day watching some music videos and one of their songs came up to watch next, so I happened to be adventurous and gave it a shot. I liked the song and put The Ghost Inside on my list to buy. Well, I finally went and bought it. I did this kind of impulsively, and that usually doesn't ever turn out good--but this was an extreme exception, because I put the CD in and I loved it! That rarely happens. I listened through it once and had to start over again because I liked it so much. Anyone who likes hardcore/metal would like this. I can't speak for past fans of The Ghost Inside, but any newcomers would enjoy this I'm sure. I know I'm going to keep following the band and their future endeavors, and I'm going to go backwards and check out their previous work, because I think they're great!
on December 28, 2013
I will admit, I liked Returners a little more, but this album is still superb. Lyrically, this is one of the best albums I've ever listened to. If you listen to White light and shivers don't run down your spine, then this music isn't for you. The passion and dedication to each song is amazing. Test the Limits is one of my favorite songs ever, great music and the lyrics are amazing as well. Support this band and pick up this album, you won't be dissappointed.
on December 15, 2012
As a fan of all 3 Ghost Inside albums, this one is their strongest yet. They expand their music a bit and have some clean vocals and more grove than I felt on the previous 2 albums. I feel their progression is very similar to Hatebreed, changing from a hardcore band more towards a straight up metal band. "Get What You Give" won't disappoint.
on August 30, 2012
TGI nails it again with 10 tracks sure to hit you like a freight train. This time deciding to go with small clean vocal parts, which I didn't mind. These guys are still heavy and they are still the same TGI.
on February 9, 2014
Just found out about this band about a week ago. If you like hardcore but want to understand the lyrics, this is a good group. Engine 45 and White light are my favorite cuts.