Customer Discussions > Let It Be (1990) forum

Get this one or the Naked version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2009 7:30:38 AM PDT
ksrp says:
What do you think? Should I get this one or the Naked version?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2009 2:40:48 PM PDT
Get Both.....They are both great and completely different.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 11:36:27 AM PDT
The title track is definitely better on the original album release. It sounds like the entire band is there, and the guitar solo is so much better than the little ditty on Naked.
Most of the original release is better, and that's an opinion I've reached after all of these years not listening to it. Now when I compare the two, they really did get it right the first time, it seems. Very few glitches to that. But, both are enjoyable and have great merit.
Yeah, get both.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:54:18 AM PDT
MMT says:
Sorry Paul,Phil Spector's sweetening made "The Long and Winding Road" an even better song.Other than that,"Let It Be...Naked" sounds better.Oh well,that means I'm in the 'get both' line.Damn!

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 9:17:48 PM PDT
I like them both for different reasons. Somewhere between the two is a "perfect" edition, with the best of both versions represented, but I'm not sure we'll ever get to that album. The Spector version is extremely overproduced on certain songs and the final mix was compressed within an inch of its life. On the other hand, the Naked edition opens up some interesting remixing possibilities, but also illustrates the flaws inherent in some of the songs, which actually do seem a little too naked without some of the Spector overdubs. Quite a headscratcher ... !

Posted on Oct 19, 2009 10:12:08 PM PDT
GET BACK was the album that the Beatles originally intended. It was never released. LET IT BE was the album we got. It has its moments. LET IT BE NAKED is revisionist crap. It is nowhere near as good as the original release. Avoid it.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 12:56:56 PM PDT
B. Dobie says:
I definitely agree to buy both. Apple considers them seperate/different releases and so do I. I don't necessarily 'prefer' one over the other.

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 6:32:48 AM PDT
Both, definitely. Depending on my mood, I do prefer Let It Be...Naked. I would never consider not having both because both of them have distinct advantages (example, I just love to hear "Maggie Mae").

IMHO, Let It Be from LIB...N is THE best rendition of Let It Be with the single version being almost equal. The album version is still great, though!

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 7:24:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2009 7:39:34 AM PST
gil says:
Both, I'm afraid.

Here's a good album for me :

Get back (single version)
I dig a poney (let it be)
For you blue (let it be naked)
Two of us (let it be naked)
Let it be (let it be)
Maggie May (let it be)
One after 909 (let it be naked)
I got a feeling (let it be naked)
Don't let me down (single version)
I Me Mine (let it be Naked)
Across the Universe (let it be)
The long and widding road (let it be)

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 10:28:35 AM PST
DKPete says:
ksrp...it all depends how big of a fan you are. They both have pros and cons BUT, if you're going after strictly sound quality, Naked is the way to go...it still sounds better than the current remaster of the original album.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 6:56:16 PM PDT
As much as I love the original album (I played my old LP to death) I think the crisp clean sound of Naked (also Love and Yellow Sub songtrack) is how the 2009 remasters should have been done. I just played Across the Universe and the Naked version is so nice. It is stripped down to bare basics and is very nice. I guess the original poster "ksrp" has bought the CD he wants by now but as "James R. Upchurch" says get both of them. I say get them both.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 12:23:00 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 9, 2011 12:19:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 4:49:06 PM PDT
Severin says:
I have the original bootleg called Get Back which is another alternative. The CD says "The Martin Mix". It lacks "Across the Universe", "I Me Mine" and "Maggie Mae". It has the full version of "Dig It" (4 minutes long) and "Teddy Boy" (which Lennon turns into a square dance) and no Phil Spector. It has lots of Beatles chatter and snippets of other songs like "Save the Last Dance For Me". Many of the tracks are alternate versions. It sounds like a rehersal which is what it was. The whole project was supposed to be a document of them recording new songs in the studio live and it sounds like it, very raw. The cover photo is the one re-used for the blue album compilation.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Let It Be (1990) forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Let It Be [Vinyl]
Let It Be [Vinyl] by The Beatles (Vinyl - 1995)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (564)