5.0 out of 5 stars If spirituality had a door through which we could enter...
I love this book! It's so perfect for where I am in life, at this moment; it's as though it was written especially for me!

Published on November 20, 2007 by K. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting help with conditiioning
Book provided just enough information to seek the help of the author to go further in your quest to be free.
Published 9 months ago by John Broussard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If spirituality had a door through which we could enter..., November 20, 2007
This review is from: Getting Free: How To Move Beyond Conditioning And Be Happy (Paperback)

I have two of Ms. Lake's other books, and she is at the top of my "authors I love" list. She speaks to the reader like a friend, in terms that are understood at the levels of both the mind AND the heart. This is unlike many authors, who use lofty language to describe topics waaay more esoteric than I can grasp, currently. Sometimes it feels like those authors have lost touch with the everyday person, and where most of us are on the spiritual ladder. Gina Lake, however, speaks in a language that resonates throughout my being. She helps me to DEAL with my life, rather than urging me to shelve my problems because they "don't really exist". I GET that my problems, my image of 'me' and 'my life' are constructs of my mind, but Ms. Lake actually give PRACTICAL tips about what to DO with that concept, where many authors just leave you scratching your head in puzzlement.

If spirituality had a door through which we could enter and gain immediate understanding, Gina Lake's books are that door. My thanks to her for helping me through that door!

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom From Obsessive Thinking, August 18, 2010
I highly recommend all of Gina Lake's books. I was severely depressed, anxious, having suicidal thoughts, and frustrated with therapy when I stumbled upon Gina's books. The Universe brought me her books at just the right time and in just the right manner and thankfully, I was open to receiving them. Through her books, I have learned how to be grounded in the moment; how to be aware of my thoughts and the "egoic mind" with its obsessive, negative messages; and how to notice and listen to my intuition, and change my entire outlook on life. I am also starting to realize the "oneness" of all life. Having before never trusted anyone or anything, I am now learning to trust the Universe and the divinely unpredictable nature of every day events which makes life so wonderfully rich. The tremendous fear I used to feel is now subsiding. Gina talks about the importance of meditation as a spiritual practice which has helped me to restart my meditation practice which in turn helps me stay in the present moment. Refreshingly, Gina's books are free of religious dogma and rules and are available to all readers regardless of religious/spiritual backgrounds and belief systems. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Break the Chains that Enslave You, December 11, 2007
The author has a talent for distilling volumes of complex spiritual wisdom into highly accessible and readable books. She is able to convey, simply and poignantly, the essence of how to live an awakened life.

Getting Free shows us how to break the bonds of conditioning so that we may live from our highest Self. This book adds to her previous invaluable contributions by including chapters on clearing negativity, learning to ask for help from our spirit guides, and providing practical tools for living from unconditioned, compassionate, heart-centered Presence Awareness rather than from our ego.

Gina's books will no doubt inspire you to remain steadfast on your spiritual journey and to continue to embody and act from Spirit. She is a gifted spiritual counselor and her presence is a healing energy for all those who come to know her and her work. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Applicable Nonduality, August 25, 2008
I just can't say enough about Getting Free. I have read it twice, and now keep it handy as a reference guide that offers practical advice and help along the path to awakening. Gina's teachings are extremely clear and easy to understand, making application to real life situations an easier choice. Helpful advice on meditation, acceptance, love, psychology, negative thinking, working with angels, and much more.
I have also read another of Gina's books, Anatomy of Desire, and have just as much regard for that book as well.
I have ordered two more of Gina's books. One is Choosing Love, and I look forward to taking advantage of Gina's practical advice on this most difficult of subjects. The second is Living Your Destiny, which sounds fun AND helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Free!, May 5, 2011
This was the first ever Gina Lake book I read and I still remember how revealing it was. The various ways it provides for seeing past negative conditioning have been invaluable tools that I've used over the years. I found the metaphysical information, particularly about negative entities and spirit guides to be very clarifying. I've since used that knowledge to turn to help from beings seen and unseen to support my spiritual growth. There are a lot of techniques which I've used since in therapy and with energy healers, some of which run parallel to Byron Katie's work.
The book is a great bridge between more metaphysical teachings about topics such as dimensions and non-sentient beings and Advaita truths about transcending seeming duality. These areas can seem contrary, but Gina does a great job of showing how they are interrelated. A great, comprehensive introduction to her work!

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring, yet easy to read book......, December 9, 2008
I really enjoyed this book. Gina Lake presents her spiritual and psychological knowledge in a clear and concise fashion. She breaks down the information into bite size pieces that help you gain an understanding of why we do the things we do. In addition, she offers many suggestions and functional exercises that can guide us along the path to becoming free. I found her gentle and insightful approach to be very helpful to me and my own personal journey. I will definitely re-read this book and refer to it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Simple, Easy to Understand Concept and Practice for Healing Freedom!, January 4, 2010
This is an excellent book!
It talks about things on a conceptual level, and then provides enough detail and practical information to be very practical and helpful. The book is written in an easy language to understand.
In Chapter 1, Understanding Conditioning and especially healing conditioning, it provides definition and then describes types. Then there is the part about trusting that life is good. This was helpful to me. In Chapters 2 and 3, there is the emphasis on Essence, Love, and Positive Thoughts. The portion about relationships was enlightening. In Chapters 4 and 5, I found interesting concepts, and again practical help in Negative Self Image, and Clearing Negative Thoughts. I have been a believer in angles for a long time from religious as well as thinking that there are always angles around us who appear in the human form in friends, relatives, and others. Chapter 6 is a high point in this book. Dealing with the past, Phobias, and RE-Scripting were really helpful. If you enjoy this chapter, you might also want to do some research in Stanford University research on Forgiveness as additional reading and as a healing tool as well.
As a man, actually a stubborn man, who finds asking for help difficult, I must say that this book does a good job of encouraging us to ask for help.
The most powerful part, in my opinion was, Chapter 7 about Love, Meditation, and yes forgiveness and the "Here and Now" that is referred to as being present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book - figure your mind out, April 27, 2012
If you want to really know why your mind takes you down the tubes with anxiety ,emotions , preconceived notions, etc etc.. this book will open your eyes and give you an awareness that only comes with a knowing of how the human mind (EGO) operates against you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting Free: How to Move Beyond Conditioning and Be Happy, July 15, 2010
Getting Free: How To Move Beyond Conditioning And Be Happy

Getting Free - is essential for our HAPPINESS.

This book will assist you to grow beyond who you believe you are. WOW all the false selves we create and all the barnacles this book helps you scrape away. It is unbelievable.

It's jammed pack with rich, heart opening ideas, that gently push you ahead into dropping into your true self. (LOVE)

There is also great compassion to be had for the Ego, once you see it operating. You can see and feel how separation has been operating YOU for a while. I'll share what I got to observe about myself here.

I know a man who is Warrior type. I had been observing this about him since we met some 12 years ago. He would expand on his beliefs and everything in his life reflects separation. So then I had to look at why I'm knowing him. I found my Ego wanted to cause conflict when I'd meet with him. I would be chatting away about love and the ego and he would come unglued. So last week, I watched myself do this and knew what my Ego was doing. Right in the middle of our conflict I started laughing out loud. He said why are you laughing. I said I'm laughing because you want to run away because I don't agree with your version of life. He started laughing too. I knew my ego liked hanging out with him because it could be in control. He wanted to be in control too, so we moved in different directions.

This was a gift for me in recognizing I was doing this in the first place. I released myself and returned to love or Essence. Thanking him and my ego for the lesson. I doubt we will be seeing as much of each other, because I won't be doing that jig again. Releasing a person in love is so good.

As a Hypnotherapist myself, I love the Chapter Gina Lake presented for us on past life regression. I have done lots of this myself and received wonderful gifts and great understanding why people have come into and left my life. It is so rewarding to assist others in wholeness too.

I highly recommend you get this book, it won't let you down. It will make laugh at yourself and it could bring you some tears too. Definitely you will experience relief, release and deep healing and LOVE

Perhaps you might want to do Gina's workshop in October in Sedona.

[...]

Love, light and deep gratitude Gina.

Rene Remington

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting help with conditiioning, March 19, 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Getting Free: How To Move Beyond Conditioning And Be Happy
Getting Free: How To Move Beyond Conditioning And Be Happy by Gina Lake (Paperback - April 18, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.09