Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 29, 2009
So I picked up this book recently because I'm optimizing a few different sites, and I'm always looking around for good, easy-to-digest reference material related to SEO. This book is full of solid ideas and concepts and does give fairly straightforward suggestions for improving a site's rankings on Google.

My one complaint - and it is a critical one - is that all of the free Web-based apps typically don't work with a Mac or with the software Mac users use. For example, Google's toolbar, while a great invention, doesn't work for Safari. And Web CEO, which is mentioned throughout the book, can't boot natively in Mac OS X. While I realize that most of the world still uses PCs, a book as general as this must be sure to do a better job of being more inclusive for all users.

Be warned: If you're a Mac user, steer clear of this book.
on January 10, 2008
This is a great book for explaining how Google rates web pages and what you can do to increase the ranking of your web page. Only suggestion is that there were not enough examples to explain whatthey were doing, but still there were plenty of useful tips.
on May 23, 2008
This is a nice book with bright colors and many hot tips. It does give advice in straight-forward steps that are clear and concise, along with screen shots that help clarify what the author is trying to say. However, this is not a book for beginners who don't have a basic knowledge of search engine optimization. It can be overwhelming for someone who doesn't know the fundamentals. Nevertheless, even the novice can learn from this book if they are willing to put in the time to understand the key words and concepts.
on May 27, 2011
This a near worthless book. Google and other search engines stopped emphasizing Keywords almost 10 years ago and yet books like these would have you busily researching 'em. People who have forgotten more about SEO than I'll ever know have taught me this and more. Do you get updates of this book for free every 6 months? If not too bad; Google changes their algorithm that frequently.

If you still want this book send me a postage paid envelope and you can have mine.

Jim Malmstrom
Brick NJ
on July 5, 2009
Cached page - Validation - Link farm - URL - SEO - Dynamic website - SPC - ALT tags - Meta description - Froogle, and more. If you have even wondered what these terms mean, this is the book for you.

I bought my 1st book last Wednesday. Then, I bought the second book for my business partner on Friday. While hosting providers seem to talk over the heads of most small business owners, this book gives the tools to understanding the "ins and outs" of creating, changing, and maintaining a website that will get noticed on Google.

While shocked that our BIB SHOPPE website was ranked so low on the Alexa Traffic Rank, this book has given us the confidence, "know-how", and tools to up our ratings. Per the author, Alexa is an organization that analyzes the world's web traffic. I am anxious and excited to see our store ranking soar as we utilize the tools we have learned in this book.

I read the book once through to get a general understanding, and now I am ready to go back with my pens, highlighters, and sticky notes, and discover specifically how to improve our ranking.

This is a great book for the small business owner novice. I wish I would have read the book before launching our website, but at least we now know that we need to include Meta tag descriptions, caps, bold lettering, links, and have a better keyword presence.

Oh, I LOVE the glossary too. My only suggestion for the 2nd, updated, or revised edition would be to include more of the words listed in the index into the glossary.

Ben Norman, thank you for a wonderful and timely book.

From a gal who sells adult bibs, baby bibs, aprons, and burp cloths!!!
on June 5, 2009
The book is full of great info. It is easy to read. And it takes you step by step. And gives you the simple do's and dont's to SEO. [...]
on April 7, 2009
Probably the best book to start with on the topic. This could have been an "Idiots" book really, because the writing style is done in short, accessible sentences so as to not scare off people like me. While certain pointers were common sense, most of the material in this book was news for me. As promised on the cover there are plenty of step by step instructions on how to do things, even if it's only two steps. Seriously. The book is that idiot proof. One way I know if a how-to book is helpful is if by the end I've got it marked up with a highlighter. This one is highlighted and flagged with post-it notes. So yes, I got my money's worth.
on September 27, 2013
As always in the cyber world evrythong is constantly being updated and improved. This book is out dated and was of little help to me.
on March 8, 2013
I learned a lot from the book and recommend it to anyone. good price and shipping time. comparable with other books on the subject.