4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but needs tabs.
This is a very helpful book, esp. for first time parents trying to keep track of what you truly need for baby and what isn't crucial.
Published on June 21, 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good info but not much of an organizer
Published on January 7, 2007 by Jen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but needs tabs., June 21, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Getting Ready for Baby: The Ultimate Organizer for the Mom-to-Be (Spiral-bound)
My only complaint with it is that it needs tabs so you can flip to the chapters more quickly. I'm planning on sticking self-adhesive index tabs into my copy. Tape along the edges of the front and back cover flaps turns them into handy pockets for ultrasounds scans, receipts, prescriptions, etc. In future editions it would have been nice if the publisher though of these things so you don't have to modify it yourself. It is nice that it is spiral bound and you can stick a pen into the spiral. It is small enough to fit into a purse if need be.
The chapters covered are:
Back Home
Healthcare For Baby
Childcare
Resources
Each chapter offers tips about that particular subject, checklists, advice, space for notes, etc. I found the checklists super thorough -- but don't feel you have to get everything listed. It's just to help you. Don't feel obligated to buy every single thing before the baby comes either.
You can expect to use it through the pregnancy for sure and into part of baby's first year by tracking the pediatrician appts and notes in the "Baby Health" section.
I would have liked a chapter for birthing class -- perhaps what types are available (Lamaze, Bradley, Hypnobirthing, etc.) and a place for me to take notes in when I went to class. Even just more blank pages at the very end would have been good for that -- there's only 1 page back there.
I took it with me when I gave birth to our daughter and it kept all our info at our fingertips. The medical staff was impressed with how organized I was when they were asking me to fill out her paperwork and when they saw my book wished that more mothers would get one!
I would def. buy another copy for a second pregnancy and would recc. this product to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful resource for an obsessively organized preggo!, November 15, 2004
I am an organizer junkie, and I LOVED this organizer!

I agree that this book should have tabs/labels, but it is sprial-bound and its own built-in bookmark, and that alone puts it light-years ahead of other pregnancy organizers. I added my own tabs using those clear, plastic, sticky tabs.

I can't say enough great things about this organizer. It's wonderfully thorough, logically organized, and has more info than you'll ever use! There are oodles of checklists (ah, the satisfaction of checking off items!) and places for notes, etc. She thought of things I would have NEVER thought of, like what to ask potential pediatricians. The author is the mother of twins, so she is cognizant of the fact that some of her readers might be, too (most authors of preggo books totally forget the moms of multiples!). All in all, a great resource and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Organizer, December 1, 2001
This book is amazing - it covers every aspect of pregnancy and childbirth you can imagine - including many I've never seen before, like a place to keep track of items you've borrowed and a planning diagram for arranging the nursery furniture. A wonderful gift for any first-time mom!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pregnant Woman's Best Friend, November 1, 2001
Diana Aixala (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
What a find! This book is the perfect companion for an expectant mom. As a mother of two, I would have loved to have had this organizer as I was getting ready for the arrival of my first. The book is beautifully desgined with cool graphics and the content is first-rate. The information provided is incredibly comprehensive, useful and down-to-earth. It is obvious the author is a mother herself and understands the ups and downs of pregnancy! My favorite parts are the "real mom" tips at the beginning of every chapter and the space provided to keep track of notes and necessary information. This organizer has become my standard gift for friends who are expecting. And, they love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Thorough!, July 6, 2004
By A Customer
I love this organizer! I bought this one and another pregnany organizer, and found this one to be the "keeper." The other one just offered the obvious stuff. I am a real planner and very organized person, yet this one had suggestions for things I hadn't even thought of! Well organized, attractive & colorful pages. A very useful tool to pull a lot of information together. Highly recommend it! I will give it to friends who are pregnant too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for the "Organized" New Mom, March 13, 2005
This was the best purchase I made in anticipation of our new baby. I'm a first time mom and would have been lost without this book throughout the pregnancy. It's great for deciding what baby gear you need to purchase, helping you pick a OB and a pediatrician. It is soo useful, I will definitly buy it again for my next baby. The only thing that it lacks are tabbed pages. So I bought tabs and placed them throughout the book for easy access to certain commonly used pages, which made it easier to use. Other than that it is perfect! It's definitly worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book, January 12, 2007
K. Pollmann (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for a "to do" list for baby planning online and wasn't having any luck. I wanted something that would tell me "by the time you're 3 months along, have these things done." These being my first children (twins), I wasn't sure what I should be doing or when. This book was exactly what I was looking for. Though it isn't written specifically for multiples, it still works for them. The author is actually a mother of twins herself. My twins are almost a year old and I still use the book to write down questions for the pediatrician and gifts the kids receive. Not only was it great for preparing for the babies, it will be a wonderful memento later, as it has spaces for all of your doctor appointments, the birth information, hospital visitors, pediatrician appointments and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars List makers dream, January 3, 2007
While preparing for baby can be an uncertain and scary time, this book brings some order and organization to the planning process. Keeping track of medical bills, doctor appointments, weight gain, barrowed goods, furniture dimensions and purchases for the little one has been extremely helpful for my peace and sanity. I carry this book wherever I go. I would highly recommend this book to anyone expecting. I have loaned it to friends who recently had babies and they added thier own notes as well. It was exactly what I was looking for!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best pregnancy organizer, November 25, 2007
I'm a first-time mom-to-be, and this book has been invaluable to us. We refer to the checklists and advice constantly. A lot of other organizers are actually more like journals, with space to write how you feel each day, what symptoms you're experiencing, your most embarrassing pregnancy moments, etc. Who wants to do that every day? I want to know what I need to buy and what I don't, what I should focus on getting done each trimester, and tips from real moms. This book offers practical advice and checklists to help you prepare for your baby. The only drawbacks, as mentioned by other reviewers, are that there should be tabs and pockets for storing stuff.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good info but not much of an organizer, January 7, 2007
Jen (Clemmons, NC) - See all my reviews
While I find some of the checklists and suggestions useful, I found it difficult to use as an organizer. I would have liked pockets to hold receipts and appointment cards, a calendar and so on. I found it difficult to locate the pages where I could write in appointment information and if I squeezed in a new appointment, I had to put it on a later page since there are only 3 appts. per page. In the end, I tossed it aside and just moved back to my daytimer. Overall, I'm sorry I spent any money on it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Getting Ready for Baby: The Ultimate Organizer for the Mom-to-Be
Getting Ready for Baby: The Ultimate Organizer for the Mom-to-Be by Hélène Tragos Stelian (Spiral-bound - August 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01