Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Getting download to show up in Origin?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2012 11:42:57 AM PST
M. Bishop says:
Once downloaded through Amazon, how does one get the game to "show up" in origin? If you click the installer, it opens Origin, but nothing happens (at least for me).

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 12:47:40 PM PST
Sniker says:
It should ask you to verify the product with a CD-Key, after that I get an installation error and am unable to install the product. This may be due to the Origin activation not allowing installing the game until the release date, I don't know.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 1:33:11 PM PST
Samain says:
I get the same thing. I talked to someone from support in the Origin chat and didn't get much in the way of answers other than Origin is currently updating and to wait a few hours and try again.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 3:42:00 PM PST
My installation also failed, so I thought it might be because the product key wasn't in Origin yet. So I put the product ID into Origin and it failed again, then told me the download was corrupt and I needed to download again. So I said OK download it....and the download just stays stalled at 0. Yeah, preloading concept is totally fail.

Remember when you could just buy a game, put the disc into the computer, and play it without feeling like you are being punished or spyed on for daring to be a paying customer?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 3:47:58 PM PST
Hammerlock says:
Shh! They'll hear you!

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:14:38 PM PST
Q. Asad says:
Yea i just wasted 10gb of bandwidth and origin doesn't want to install. I've already registered my key and everything, just need bloody origin to install it. Oh well i'll try again later.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:20:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 4:37:58 PM PST
Q. Asad says:
It seems someone figured the problem out on the bioware forums.

"I had this issue with origin games and amazon in the past, what you need to do is go to origin games under program files, create a folder named Mass effect 3. Then what you need to do is open the folder that you downloaded from amazon and there should be Zip archive named Masseffect 3 just extract that to the folder that you just created in origin games. Then restart origin. "

Currently extracting folders so i'll update if this fix works.

Update Edit: Yep, restarted origin and it showed up on origin client. Currently installing...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 5:59:31 PM PST
G. Strong says:
Just tried that solution and it works perfectly. The Origin games folder may not necessarily be under Program Files though if you changed it in Origin's settings (like I did). After the Origin restart click on Install under the game.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 12:40:33 AM PST
Kevin.K808 says:
I was experiencing the same problem as well. Confirming that Asad's method works fine for the installation. Thank you

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 7:44:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2012 10:15:31 AM PST
cant get it to work! for starters, i cant decompress the zip file..."cannot open mass effect 3.zip as a compressed file"!

EDIT: I fear ill have to download everything ALL OVER again on the 6th... will be at crawling speed too! preload sucked...

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 1:45:27 PM PST
Ragnin says:
what are you using to extract the zip file? You might need a different program. I use winrar myself and it extracted the file just fine.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 3:26:40 PM PST
nope, winrar gives an "unexpected end of file" error. I got a message from the amazon downloader program that the file downloaded was corrupt... figured it was just a glitch since the file was as big as intended....
ok, ok i get it... all over again...

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:57:57 AM PST
Origin showed my game but would not install it. Had added the key and everything the previous night. Closed Origin and restarted it and then clicked on Origins download button. Origin now shows the game downloading but hopefully this time it will install after its done. Yeah the pre-load did not work. Even after I downloaded it twice.

Wish I'd seen Asad's post before I started this latest download. Will keep it running since it seems to be working.

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 11:04:34 AM PDT
MrCool258 says:
Would this work for any game and also does it still even today from all the updates origin has gone through?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about