Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood forum

Getting rid of the blood

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2011 3:17:02 PM PST
My parents are on the fence about the games (AC: Brotherhood) m rating, bloodshed, and language. I can turn the sound off, and not do any "m-rated actions" in front of them, but the blood is off-putting, even to me. Is there a way to turn the blood effects off in the game?

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 4:12:34 PM PST
Note: This is my dad's amazon account, I'm his 14yr. old son, who would like some honest answers about the game (unbiased, prefered).

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 11:56:38 AM PST
Ben Rowland says:
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to turn off the blood. The blood in the game comes exclusively from the battles and the cinematic killings, and it's bloody but not especially gory. Don't expect to see anything here that rivals Dead Space 2 for blood and guts, so I would consider this a tamer M-rated title.

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 4:05:33 PM PST
"BMac" says:
Off-putting? Dude, you're stabbing people. It's unacceptable to think, even in a virtual environment, that killing in such an intimate way would not lead to blood letting. If you can't handle the consequences, don't do the action for crying out loud.

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 5:00:21 PM PST
At your age, I was making my own horror movie with a camcorder after school. The bloody stabbings and dismemberments were the only thing of quality in it, certainly not the acting or plot. But, I turned out just fine. Haven't raped or killed anything, nor do I wish to. And I value human and animal life very much. A little (or a lot of) blood in a movie or a video game isn't going to warp you. I think cutting your children off from the unpleasant aspects of reality does more harm than good, in the long run. Censoring things and pretending they don't exist instead of explaining these things when they come up only leads to unrealistic expectations of what life is, and obscures how precarious, and therefore precious, our existence on this planet really is.

Innocence is fine and all, but indulging ignorance to preserve innocence past a certain point is irresponsible and even dangerous. Kids are smart. They'll sense that your patronizing them, even if they don't know what that is. And then they lose respect for you. That's my two cents.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 9:04:07 PM PDT
Ethan L. says:
There is an option to turn off blood in the options menu I believe, haven't check in acb, but the was in ac and ac2

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 8:20:46 AM PDT
Ari says:
grow the hell up man you're 14 and you can't have a little blood in a video game??

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 10:04:53 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
When I was 14 I was demanding more blood in my video games! I even bought a Sega Genesis just so I could have blood in Mortal Kombat (Nintendo made them put in grey "sweat" and tone down the "Fatalities" for the SNES)! What kind of 14 year old are you? If you are the kind of 14 year old I'm thinking you are, you should stick to Mario & Zelda. Leave the "M" games to the Mature gamers.

PS: If you were my kid and I caught you using MY Amazon account, you wouldn't be playing any video games. Period!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 28, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about