Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 10, 2011
I have been a Gevalia customer for many years and find GEVALIA to be one of the finest companies in the coffee business. That is why I was horrified when I read the reviews on the Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker. I purchased one Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker simply because I had to see why a GREAT COMPANY WOULD SELL SUCH AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

The Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker seller was Apex Suppliers. They shipped the product which arrived in two days in perfect working condition.

I immediately opened the package and connected the Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker to power. Following instructions, I filled the unit with cold water, held my breath, and primed the system according to directions. I placed a measuring cup under the fill spout, pressed the power button, and then pressed the brew button. Nothing happened. Just a short spurt and then a sputter. I just knew the problem had to be an air lock in the supply line. I removed the water tank and used a regular kitchen irrigation syringe to depress the small white spring loaded water valve and gave the system a couple squirts of water. I replaced the water tank, primed the system, placed a measuring cup on the unit, and pressed the brew button. The Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker dispensed exactly eight ounces of piping hot water. I then ran three brewing cycles in the six ounce, eight ounce, and fourteen ounce modes three time on each station. Each time the Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker delivered exactly six, eight, and fourteen ounces.

The Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker has worked perfectly day in and day out ever since. We are also Keurig fans and the Keurig Elite has served us well for a long time. We have always had anxiety about disposing of all those plastic k-cups and the resulting environmental impact. The Keurig Elite is now our backup coffeemaker. The Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker is more cost effective, K-cups vs. pods, and it produces a better tasting, piping hot, 14 ounce cup of coffee.

The Gevalia G90 Pod Coffee Maker is truly a quality product from a QUALITY COMPANY, GEVALIA.
22 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2011
Most of the reviews for this thing were generally bad. This was not my experience. You do need to follow the initial setup in order to make this thing work properly. I had airlock in the lines, I had read another person also had this issue. I used a syringe to hold down the valve, and shot a little water into the lines. Worked perfect after that.

I also read someone had an issue with a white substance in the water after brewing. I followed the directions and ran a few cups of straight water through the machine. I also had to wipe down the seals. I believe the white substance is some sort of grease used on the seals. After I did this, I had crystal clear water coming through.

I use this at work, and it beats going to starbucks or making a pot of coffee. When I'm done, I just run 6 oz of water without any coffee through, to clean it. Then I just deep clean it once a week.

The only thing I don't like about this maker is that it does drip. Not bad, but when you go to take the old pod out, make sure you have a cup under it.
on December 21, 2012
Read the other reviews - they are very informative regarding the white substance that must be cleaned off the unit in order for the product to taste right. Ours worked fine for a few weeks, then suddenly started working while plugged in the wall, but while the on/off switch was in the OFF position. I found out when I was awakened by a sound in the kitchen - it was the unit heating the water & dispensing it on the counter, over and over again. The on/off switch has a light to indicate that the unit is off, and this one was definitely off but somehow started working anyway while in the off position; and in the middle of the night. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't wake up, because it had just run out of water when I got to it and it was operating on empty.
on January 29, 2012
Seeing the name Gevalia I thought I would be getting a better than average pod coffeemaker. Aside from unbelievable complicated set up, the machine constantly reset itself to prime, even in the middle of a brewing cycle. It would not power off. And despite all safeguards it would leak all over the counter. I returned it, got a second one and all the same problems occurred. This is really a product that should be removed from the market. Getting it to work properly is only done by accident!
on December 10, 2012
I had read the reviews, but I thought i would give the product a chance. It lasted a few days and seemed to be working okay. i had filled the resiourvour tank and snapped it into place. I turned the power on to heat up the water, it started making some starnge noises.......started releasing smoke from the top, but i believe it was just steam, perhaps, but none the less, it was not suppose to happen. The whole time this was happening, I was trying to shut down the power, but the power button would not respond, properly. The unit started releasing water, from the tank....still no response to power button working, properly. THe Whole Water tank went through the system...not a pretty sight!!!
Sorry, I really was hoping for a better review
on January 7, 2012
As stated by others, it was difficult to get this unit primed, but once you do, it works well. I followed the priming instructions at least twenty times or more before the unit started to pump water. I just kept pushing the buttons over and over again until it finally ran. After that, I ran an entire reservoir of water through it until it started running clear. Once you get past all that, the unit runs great. Accurately measures the water and makes good coffee.

Update: I've had this for about a month now & it still makes good coffee, however, it does not consistently measure the water. No matter the setting, I sometimes get a full cup and I sometimes get a half cup. Regardless, I still like the product overall.

Update: Unfortunately, this coffee maker didn't last. It started splattering coffee, then just died. I contacted Gevalia, but they no longer make this product and wouldn't honor any warranties. I can no longer recommend this item.
on January 14, 2013
I've used coffee pods for several years (ever since they were introduced) and needed a new brewer. Went for the Gevalia name. Coffee came out the color of weak tea & as said, I'm an experienced user. Loved Melitta's pod makers but they are no longer available. Gave the coffee maker 1 star but would give the merchandiser - Price 2 Save- 5 stars. Excellent service from them on returning this item.
on December 30, 2011
I feel like an idiot to buy a coffee maker that has no coffee available to use in it, but that seems to be the case. Gevalia has no pods on the market that can be used in this device, a fact that was not noted in the description of this device. Neither K-cups nor T-discs will fit in this device.
Why would a coffee seller market a coffee maker and not provide usable coffee pods for use in the machine?
on November 15, 2011
I was so excited to get this, thought it's Gevalia, it must be good. It was the worst coffee maker ever. It took about 30 test to get the water clear, then it was so noisy. The coffee was horrible and weak. I just packed it up and hope to sell in a garage sale. I went to Wal-Mart and got a Hamilton-Beach pod maker for about $15 and it works great. I had to buy a coffee maker, as I had already purchased a supply of pods. This was a total waste for me.
on October 13, 2013
i should have listen to all the bad reviews.The product is a sham! For one, it is very noisy,two it did not work after over an hour of waiting for it to prime itself.This is going to the trash and i am going to call amazon Please DO NOT BUY IT!!!!