Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on February 6, 2013
I did not care for these dark chocolates as they were too sweet for me. In general people who like dark chocolate, like it because it is less sweet than milk chocolate. I bought this to try it out, but I prefer to taste the richness of the dark chocolate and did not enjoy the sweetness over riding the mint or other tastes. I will not be buying this product again. But "sweetness" is subjective. If you like sweets, you may love this dark chocolate mint. It is certainly worth a try.
on March 3, 2015
Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Chocolate & Mint Squares Chocolates Gift Bag, 5.32 oz., by Ghirardelli.
This bag of individually wrapped squares (.53 oz., 15.1g), consist of excellent dark chocolate with a white filling tasting of mint. The mint has a medium mint bite to it. The only complaints that I have, are that they are made using High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), which is not good for you, and that the filling has a very slight chemical aftertaste. Overall, I would rate this candy at four Amazon stars.
The Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients, as listed on the package:

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size 1 Square (15g), Servings Per Container 10.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 70, Calories from Fat 35.
Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g).
Cholesterol 0mg.
Sodium 0mg.
Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g).
Protein 0g.

Ingredients:
Sugar, unsweetened chocolate, high fructose corn syrup, palm oil, cocoa butter, milk fat, corn syrup, soy lecithin – an emulsifier, water, vanilla, peppermint oil, potassium sorbate, citric acid and TBHQ – preservatives, gelatin.
May contain tree nuts and milk.

Sold by It's A Big Deal and Fulfilled by Amazon.

©2013 Ghirardelli Chocolate Co. GCC# 4063S.
Manufactured by Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, San Leandro, CA 94578 U.S.A.; web: ghirardelli.com; UPC Code: 7 47599 30652 5.
Ghirardelli Consumer Affairs & All Other Inquiries:
1-800-877-9338, Option 4, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Corporate Offices:
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, 1111 139th Ave., San Leandro, CA 94578; Phone: 1 (800) 877-9338, Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm PST.
Website and Online Order Inquiries:
1-888-402-6262, Option 1, Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm PST; web: corpsales@ghirardelli.com.
Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival Questions:
1 (510) 346 3126, Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm PST; email: festival@ghirardelli.com.
Read more at http://www.ghirardelli.com/contact-us#wfKaxBycU8IjmeBR.99
This Ghirardelli Mint Dark Chocolate tastes really good. The chocolate isn't too sweet nor too bitter. It is also not too creamy or milky. As far as the mint filling, it adds some more sweetness to the Chocolate, but at the same time the mint is very refreshing. Perfect to have after dinner or as a dessert.

If you like Mint Chocolate, you might also want to try the After Eight Mint Chocolate. they are very good too. Also try the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Chocolate which is kind of interesting taste (a combination of chocolate/dark chocolate with white chocolate and peppermint crust).

Sidarta Tanu
Once upon a time someone discovered that wonderful tastes of chocolate and mint are even better when they are combined. And as a result there are a lot of chocolate-mint candies, drinks, and desserts on the market, most of which are pretty good. The Ghirardelli dark chocolate and mint squares are simply among the best of the best. The outer shell is a deep rich and dark (but not bitter) smooth and creamychocolate, and the filling inside is a soft, creamy, cool mint with really great flavor. Each square is a perfect combination of the robustness of dark chocolate with the refreshing coolness of genuine mint. One or two of these squares is a perfect way to finish off a meal.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 17, 2013
I shop at a nearby Fresh and Easy Market and I have a problem making it by the candy counters on the way to check out. They have some really good candies. Take these Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Squares with Light Mint fillings. They come in a 5.32-ounce bag. Mmmmm. These are just seriously good! Thank goodness dark chocolate is now considered good for you, or I'd be lost.

Gary Peterson
on April 9, 2013
The taste is very good, but I eat dark chocolate for health reasons and the mint filling, while very good, defeats my purpose. As candy I would rate it as excellent but I want the dark chocolate.
on January 20, 2012
My mother and father were the recipient of these wonderful pieces of chocolate heaven. They didn't believe they deserved receiving these, but I know they did deserve to receive these!
on March 19, 2014
I purchased these Dark Chocolate and Mint Squares for my husband for his Valentine gift he really liked them. He thought they were more mint flavored than others we had tried.
on December 22, 2015
Please understand that my review is based upon hearsay...they were going, going, done...by the time I reached for the bag. I believe my husband has set a new record.
on December 15, 2010
I bought this because I was craving dark chocolate, and thought mint sounded great at the time. The chocolate is way too sweet. Dark chocolate is supposed to be a little bitter, not too much, but enough to give it some bite. I guess Ghirardelli decided to cancel that out by adding more sugar. Add to it the super sweet mint filling, and I could barely finish a square it was so sweet. Considering the expense, I expected a much better quality.