Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ghirardelli San Francisco Skyline Cylinder Gift Box
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 6, 2012
This box contains a package inside with it's separate bow just like pictured. The Brown box is about 8.5 inches high and contains 80 Ghirardelli squares. The packaging is a little confusing because the outside brown package states the weight is 18.76 oz but the cellophane package inside states 30 oz ( a 2nd label on the bottom of the cellophane package). That is correct for 80 squares, it's 30 oz of premium chocolate squares.

Ghirardelli makes great chocolate and this should be a wonderful appreciation gift for chocolate lovers. When I took the chocolates out of the cellophane package and placed them back in the box they barely fit. This is what an appreciation gift should be like, folks are often taken back when there is tons of packing material inside instead of treats. The cylinder comes in a box that's slightly larger but Amazon placed it in an even larger box with proper packing material and none of my little squares arrived broken.

It's not a Holiday theme but the presentation is nice with an attractive finish on the sturdy cardboard box, a nice Ghirardelli logo and a golden outline of the SF skyline below. The front and back of the cylindrical package are the same and the cylinder is flattened on each side with full Ghirardelli lettering down the sides.

It contains dark, milk and creme filled squares, the same squares available in stores but a generous holiday portion and mix.
on April 10, 2013
This was a great looking gift, and a great idea, but not enough variety. There were a lot of the types that my chocoholic mother didn't like, such as peppermint filled (there were 10-15 of those, and the entire box overwhelmingly smelled of peppermint--not appealing if you don't LOVE mint) or raspberry. But there were not enough regular caramel or chocolate filled, or other more traditional chocolate flavors. Some of the best flavors were missing entirely.
on January 5, 2013
Came with a bow as pictured which made it an easy last minute type gift. Wish I could comment on the quality of the candy, as I gifted it I'm unable to comment on that. Bought it on a Gold Box Deal so the price was less then a brick and mortar. Would buy again.
on January 1, 2013
I bought a couple of these gift box's for the holidays and I was happy with them as were the people who received them.
I tried some of them and they all taste good, I think surprisingly I liked the raspberry one's the best.
Good price, good quantity/quality, would buy again.
on February 25, 2013
I love ghiradelli chocolate. It is so sweet and melts in your mouth. There were a lot of pieces included in this gift box. Because the box was a cylinder, a half dozen of them were smashed and the carmel was oozing out. I would still order it.
on January 4, 2013
The fancy cylinder container didn't stand up to shipping and split open even though it was in another box. It was a gify and so didn't get opened right away, but the dog sure took a lot of interest in the package. Great candy though.
on May 25, 2013
And a great design. We use the pretty cylindrical box for storing .. stuff .. now that it's empty.

Other than that, it's Ghirardelli chocolate squares - what can I say?
on January 26, 2013
It made a grate present for for a friend looks good well liked by my friend it about the thought not just what you get