Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 6, 2011
These are very high quality, and especially good when you want to cut back on all the sugar that comes in the various fillings and milk chocolate found in their other varieties of squares. Very satisfying chocolate flavor without much regret. The photo at the time of this review shows one of the three flavors is Mint Bliss 60% Cacao, but my experience (and that of another reviewer as well) was that the mint flavor is replaced with Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao. The other two flavors are correct: Evening Dream 60% Cacao and Twilight Delight 72% Cacao. Still an excellent bag of chocolates, worth 5 stars, but I have to take off a star due to the misrepresentation, which has persisted for over a year.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this assortment of Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate. It's a combination of 60%, 72% and 86%--anything above 60% is recommended by nutritionists as being positive for health benefits. An ounce a day is great. It's a non-guilty pleasure. As a friend said, "Chocolate is a vegetable--it's a bean!" These are not too bitter for my taste and silky and smooth. I'm quite satisfied with a small amount after dinner as the flavor is intense and lasts. This chocolate is an affordable, healthy and daily treat.
on May 1, 2013
I bought this exact thing about a year and a half ago and got 3 different darkness of chocolates, from the 60% to the 86%... perfect, exactly what I wanted even though the picture shows a mint chocolate.

Well I found myself craving these chocolates again and ordered them again this year. This time I got the 60%, 72%...... and Almond Sea Salt... Almond Sea Salt... honestly, they are not terrible, but nothing I saw in the item description or picture said anything about that... I bought these for just the dark chocolate, I love the taste... but throw in... Almond Sea Salt... and it just wasnt anything special to me... may have well as been a candy bar from the store.

Going to order individually now... would be incredible if they simply offered the specific different combinations to choose from... Id be a big advocate of those.
on May 22, 2012
Three Differant levels of Dark Chocolate flavors for the Chocolate Lover and well worth every penny. I take my time to enjoy the moments of eating pleasure.Ghirardelli Intense Dark Premium Dark Chocolate Assortment 50 Pack
on January 12, 2013
I was really looking forward to receiving these chocolates when I purchased them. The Mint Bliss is probably my favorite chocolate and I was looking forward to trying the Espresso Escape. Unfortunately I did not receive what I ordered. The assortment pack I received included Evening Dream, Twilight Delight and Intense Dark (which I do not like at all). You have to make sure you send people what they order.
on April 3, 2012
I love, love, love this assortment. Yes, the 86% cacao Midnight Reverie replaces the mint that's shown and to my mind, that's a good thing. I find it intense, but not bitter, but that could be personal preference. The intensity helps me limit myself to a few squares, so I get indulgence plus antioxidants. Highly recommended!
on July 4, 2011
All of the chocolate arrived with out melting an not broken in peices. The taste is supreme and melts just right. This is a 2 Quantity buy because 1 is not enough. Starting with the Assortment which will make the best impression on the taste buds.
on May 15, 2012
Love these! And since dark chocolate is now said to be good for your heart, you won't feel guilty about eating one or two every day.
on March 29, 2013
The chocolates are very good. There were 40 pieces in the bag . The description calls for
assortment 50 pack. Not what I expected.
on November 25, 2013
First of all it's Ghirardelli so the product is good. However, the picture shows the package weighs 20 something ounces, the one I got weighs 15 ounces. The description on the website says 50 pieces, the one I got says 39 pcs right on it and I got 43 by actual count. The package contained 3 types of chocolates, Twilight Delight 72% cacao -16pcs, Evening Dream 60% cacao - 16pcs, and Sea Salt Soiree cacao % not specified - 11pcs. I really wanted the chocolate with the mint despite another reviewers mentioning a substitute, no such luck.
It appears that whatever arrives when these are ordered is the luck of the draw. Whether I got my money's worth or not, maybe. According to the difference between the description and the actual product I didn't but with prices the way they are it's hard to say. I won't be ordering any more of these until the description is corrected one way or the other.

See 1 answered question