5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite
We always look forward to Wednesdays to watch Ghost Hunters, however, this summer there haven't been any re-runs so this has made up for in the interum. Plus we hadn't seen all of the first season.
Published 10 months ago by T. Brewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season
Published 9 months ago by M. Reynard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
If everyone started with the first Season of Ghost Hunters, they might not continue with the show for long. From the drama, the unprofessional-ism and the revolving cast of characters, it is just hard to sink into. Luckily, my introduction to this show came later on, when it was in its third season and things had improved so much that I instantly became obsessed with the show.

Ghost Hunters follows TAPS, The Atlantic Paranormal Society, a ghost hunting group set up by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Roto-Rooters by day, family men all the time, and Ghost Hunters in their spare time. With other investigators, and specialized equipment, they set out to do their best to disprove hauntings. Which is very different from what most organizations out there do. They want to have irrevocable proof before they say something paranormal is going on, and that's probably the reason that they've been able to keep the show going as long as it has. Some of the equipment they use are cameras, heat sensors, and other electronic devices used to show anomalies in their surroundings.

Jason and Grant are the main people in TAPS. They run it and they make the decisions. And they are opposites of each other. Which actually works. They have a good work chemistry and present their findings to people with ease and respect. It's nice to see them investigate. The same doesn't apply to all their investigators though. There always seems to be drama going on and some of them are quite frankly, annoying and hard to believe. They seem to work with a lot of people who don't live up to the belief of the organization and see a haunting in every shadow. Luckily, this is one of the things that improves in future seasons. I do have to admit that Steve is probably my favorite. I've always had a little crush on him and he has such a calm personality that it's easy to watch him investigate. The same can't be said of Brian Harnois, who is excitable, but at least genuine in his excitement.

They brought in demonologists and wiccans and priests in this season and I'm actually rather glad they discontinue that in later seasons. Bringing it in actually makes it seem not as real and when it is left out, it seems more scientific and believable. For those that believe in Ghosts anyway. I felt that these people did not add anything to this season.

For the actual film, it's decent. But because this is the first season their equipment is not as good as it is in later seasons. Photos and video are fuzzy and the evidence harder to really see. Luckily the audio is ok and some of what they catch is quite amazing. And even some of the video is spectacular, just not as clear as you could hope it would be. They also have a tendency to use dramatic music that, while it builds suspense, is distracting during the actual investigation parts of the episodes.

TAPS investigates quite a few places in this short season, including private residences, the Mishler Theatre, the Altoona Railroad Museum, the Lighthouse Inn and John Stone Tavern, Race Rock Lighthouse, Eastern State Penitentiary, New Bedford Armory, Topton Tavern, and the New Boston Inn. Not all of these places have been found to be haunted. In fact, very few were. Since this was the first season, all of these places fit onto three disks with ten episodes total.

I really enjoy the show, even if I'm not a fan of the first season. It's always interesting, they mostly have a good crew, and unusual things happen. You don't have to believe in ghosts to enjoy it, but it will certainly make you expand your horizons a bit.

Review by M. Reynard 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite, September 6, 2013
T. Brewer "Creativeminded" (Dodge City, KS United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original!, June 1, 2009
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I love Ghosthunters International. I think it's just as good as the original, with the same concept but more exotic locations. It's interesting to step outside our country to see paranormal activity in other parts of the world. I've been watching Ghosthunters since day one almost 5 years ago, and Ghosthunters International is a great spin-off to the original show! I just wish Donna would return!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
So excited I got The Complete First Season to add to my collection! It was in great condition and plays great!

4.0 out of 5 stars These guys are the real deal, March 1, 2010
Patricia Murphy (London, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
What Did Jesus Really Say-How Christianity Went Astray: [What To Say To A Born Again Christian Fundamentalist, But Never Had The Information] -- by Peter Cayce [2005]

I've been watching Ghost Hunters (via satellite and in the States) from almost the very beginning. I've now seen the original programs and have read the books of Jason and Grant too. I have to say that I believe that ghosts may exist, but I want some kind of evidence. Some kind of proof. These investigators -- and their paranormal investigation team -- work on the same premise. They attempt to "debunk" paranormal claims, but when they gather evidence that is hard to "debunk" or "dispute," they are left with evidence that may actually support life after death (i.e., ghost, paranormal activity).

While Ghost Hunters works with a scientific leaning by utilizing technical equipment from EMF meters / K2 meters, digital thermometers, night vision cameras and thermal sensor equipment, etc., other paranormal programs utilize spirit mediums and the like. While I do not discount psychic mediums and sensitives, their evidence is hard to prove or "debunk." Nevertheless, programs like "Paranormal State" and "Paranormal Cops" (broadcast on A&E) have their place as well. They are certainly interesting. Psychic mediums like John Edward and Chip Coffee are quite interesting. In fact, I've been watching John Edward for many years. He's gotten a bit "mushy" as of late (even for WE) -- his original program on SyFy used to display his medium abilities more readily. In short, more readings.

Writers and psychic researchers like Peter Cayce are also quite interesting. Peter Cayce utilizes Science, Philosophy and Religion to come up with explanations for the afterlife and reincarnation and Karma. Interesting material.

In any case, the paranormal field is an interesting one. I'd really like to see more programs about legitimate psychics and paranormal investigators like Ghost Hunters, John Edward and Peter Cayce.

After Life: Answers from the Other Side -- by John Edward [2010]

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoy, May 12, 2014
Carl E. Wade (big stone gap, va. usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I have been a fan of the show since day one and am trying to collect the whole series. for those who believe in the paranormal there is no better team to follow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
This one of my all time fave shows and it will always be. I can't say I wouldn't panic and pass out if I'd see half the stuff these guys have and been touched and all but these guys are just awesome to watch in how they actually try to disprove instead of prove and I think that's just awesome.. you will not be disappointed if you decide to order this it wont let you down in interest or excitement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Hunters First season, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I got this movie for me I an a huge ghost hunter fan so is my daughter and father who is in a nursing home. I thought this will be a way we can spend time together.. The movie is like brand new. This seller had a great price and they delivered them before they said they would. I will order from this seller again and I have ordered from them several times over the last 2 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
The first two seasons are my favorites of GH. The DVDs played well, no problems or freezing. Delivered quickly. Something about this show was better when there were money issues, working out of a trailer, and the "Dude, Run" guy with his soap opera. Latecomers to the show need to see the first few seasons to get to know the guys. I've been watching since day one, and miss the original people. One or two of the current bunch get on my nerves, and TAPS almost seems to be a conglomerate, if they are responsible for Ghost Mine and others, I cannot watch them. The humble days were better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Love love love it. Again, txt box requires you type to much on the feedback. I should not be required to leave so many words. STUPID

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›